What are we doing about HAIRCUTS?!!!!!!

pcur

On 9/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, geocruiser said:

Let me know how it works out.

Pretty good.  It took him a while to (nervously) figure out the "porcupine" theory of haircutting.  He had trouble envisioning that hairs all the same length on a round surface actually cascade. 

Plus, his giant Neathderthal, catcher's mitt hands couldn't use my manicure scissors, so he was using much larger ones.  I find that straight manicure scissors are great for plentiful medium-fine hair like mine.  You take smaller amounts of hair each time, and can control things more easily.

After the "oops" experience with the clippers, he's calmed down.  We both use #3 clipper guards, but I cut his top and side much shorter than I cut mine. 

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:39 PM, crystalspin said:

That didn't have my husband's preferred #3 guide!

This reminds me of a funny thing that happened to PapaFej in summer of 2019. We were on a 5 week trip to Europe. Our daughter was doing a study abroad program in Austria, and we used visiting her as an excuse to take two cruises, one before and one after. Near the halway point, we were in Salzburg (actually visiting) and Papa Fej's hair was getting too long. He found a barber, and requested the #2 on the sides, and #3 on top, like I cut it at home. The problem was, it didn't occur to him that the numbers refer to milliimeters there, not 1/8" like they do in the USA. His hair ended up very, very, very short! Our daughter very much enjoyed giving him a hard time about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1