Who has a Celebrity cruise(s) booked in the next 12 months?

Quo Vadis?

Celebrity Cruise Reservations 2020-2021  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have deposits on upcoming X cruises that you still wish to complete?

2. 2. Are you planning on completing or cancelling your booking?

• We're looking forward to sailing as soon as restrictions are removed.
    • We plan to cancel our reservation(s)

We have a booking for March 2021, but at this point in time neither of your Q2 options apply. We aren't planning to cancel as yet, but aren't chomping at the bit to jump aboard as soon as restrictions are lifted. Essentially, we are in "wait and see" mode and have lots of time to see how things pan out over the next 8 months before final payment is due.

• Like 3

We have one cruise scheduled in February (Asia), one transatlantic in April, and one in May (British Isles).  Our current thinking is to move the first two out into the future, but to take the British Isles cruise with a Danube river cruise to follow it as a sort of back to back.  I think we would be comfortable cruising earlier, and in fact we hope to take a land tour somewhere, probably in Europe, this fall.  But this is just the way our plans are looking for the cruises.  We will see how it all works out.

Tom & Judy

Somewhat like Fouremco, the choices for Q2 are a little limited.

We have a cruise out of Tampa scheduled for January, 2021.  If the Government of Canada tells me it’s OK to travel to the United States and take a cruise then we’ll go.  We have paid a deposit and I purchased air tickets before things went south but that will all get sorted as the situation moves forward.  I will resist the temptation to pay the remainder of the cruise fare until there is more certainty on this.

• Like 1

We have a non refundable deposit cruise for October 20 that we booked via US agent and a Sept 21 cruise booked in the UK

I’m pretty confident the October cruise will go ahead however if they offered a no cancellation fee I might be tempted as this year is one I’d just like to forget and maybe rebook another for next year

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

We also have a cruise out of Tampa for Jan 2021...fully refundable deposit.

It was a really good deal and we have a future cruise credit we must use that fits the time frame and amount.  We'll see how things go over the next many months..

We cancelled all of our other bookings ...waiting for the refunds to come back to our card .  One is completed after we filed a dispute and card company is mailing us a  check...it was 50 % of cruise fare plus taxes and fees,

Edited by hcat

We have the Apex in Jan 2021, Equinox in May 2021, and Reflection in March 2022.

While I answered the second question using the first choice, neither choice applies perfectly. I do not plan on cancelling —— no benefit to me at this point. But whether I will cruise as soon as restrictions are removed, well, that depends. Depends on when that this, what’s the state of the virus, re: Antibody testing, vaccine, etc, and whether Celebrity/Royal modify their current medical restrictions. 

More interesting to me are the three Royal cruises booked this year, in August, September and November. 

Remaining hopeful but realistic.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

I have the Apex booked for Feb 2021, B2B in July 2021, and Feb 2022.

This morning I cancelled my Disney trip and had my TA book the Summit to Bermuda over the same time frame (7/19) - mainly because even if Disney is open, I'm flying from NY and FL's governor has an executive order I'd have to self-quarantine for the whole time and that would be NO fun to be at Disney and not be able to be out. If I just cancelled that, it left my TA with nothing. By booking the cruise, even if it gets cancelled, I'll take the FCC to apply to one of my future bookings and she will still get the commission. It felt like the right decision for me - plus I've never seen Bermuda. If it goes, I'm on board!

• Like 1

Just beyond the year, I have a cruise booked for next May on Infinity. At this point it’s a wait and see. We’ll have until February to cancel with no penalty so that’s a good length of time. For me it’s going to depend on whether this virus is under control. My husband is diabetic and so would fall in the higher risk category. If they continue to exercise those restrictions on 70+ and high risk medical issues then we won’t be able to travel. If there are no restrictions but the virus is still out there then we will not go. We have purchased travel insurance already to cover the cruise portion of the trip so that would be a non-recoverable item if we opt not to go. The other decision maker will be if Infinity gets revolutionized or not. That was one of the reasons I chose this cruise. If it does not get the update then we may cancel regardless of the virus situation or we might switch to another cruise. Will probably wait on purchasing any airfare until we find out about the Revolution update so we’re not stuck with non-refundable tickets or have to pay change fees.

• Like 1

An Infinity cruise in early June 2020 will not go. Waiting for X to cancel and get a full refund on that. 

Deposit on a Galapagos cruise in October '20. I'm sure that won't go and we will not pay the cruise fare when due. Too much money to tie-up. Will cancel in June. Refundable deposit.

January '21 Equinox to southern Caribbean booked with $50.00 deposit. Same with April '21 Silhouette Euro cruise. We'll see what they look like later this year.

We have a cruise on the Equinox mid June which we are waiting for them to cancel or we will, whichever comes first.  We have the Apex for November which we will wait and see how things progress; I would love to sail on the Apex but not at the expense of our health not to mention potential complications with disembarkation. No point in doing anything on that cruise at this point. 

We have Apex booked with NRD $500 Jan 2021.

I thought it would still sail but now not so sure.  Ships are still reporting crew onboard sick with the virus.  Passengers still being disembarked.  This looks to be a long-term problem with ships.

My financial picture is not great right now but the bigger worry personally is that we are 71 so over that age where there is added risk and The cruise lines I hear may require a Dr. note within 7-days of sailing.  It would have been an inconvenience — but just today (Unexpectedly) DH did a teleconference with Dr.  & it may be an issue.  

We can live without cruising but if there are requirements that did not exist when we booked, I wish those deposits will be refundable.  Fat chance, probably.

I cancelled a June 2020 Rccl with our granddaughters.  I’m not convinced that the ships are going to be safe yet and question the Seasonal virus flare ups that the doctors in the media speculate about.  

I have hope for cruising but I think it’s iffy for 1-1/2 — 2 years.

Hope I’m wrong.

🌈️⛴🗺

• Like 1

We have 3 cruises currently booked. Alaska in September on The Eclipse, Eastern Caribbean on Caribbean Princess in January, and The Constellation 10 day Greek Isles in May 2021. My only concern is if The Eclipse will sail Alaska this summer, and if flights from the east coast to Vancouver will be available. Fingers crossed!

We have a Flora cruise in the Galapagos on August 2, 2020. I had to make the HUGE final payment last week. We debated cancelling but decided to make the payment because:

1) If we get to go, we get to go and we really want to go!!! But with the current conditions in Ecuador we believe X will cancel this cruise. And since we booked our air and pre/post stay with X we are covered there. 

2) If they cancel the cruise (and my guess is that there is a 90% chance they will), we will take our 125% FCC and go next year. Or as soon as we can get onboard. There is nowhere that I know of where I can get 25% interest on my money right now, so this works for us. 

Jim

• Like 2

We have Equinox in November (just booked it), Connie in February and Summit in July 2021 (replacing the July 2020 I just cancelled).  On a lark I looked at Equinox's 10 day scheduled to depart May 13 2020.  Very surprised to see so few AQ rooms available.  A couple on the hump, though.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

Have the Solstice booked for March 2021.  Booked while onboard so currently out of pocket $200 as a non-refundable deposit.  Too early to know if we will be sailing but at this point, if we're able we will be.

Stay Safe everyone.