Who has a Celebrity cruise(s) booked in the next 12 months?

Quo Vadis?

Celebrity Cruise Reservations 2020-2021  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have deposits on upcoming X cruises that you still wish to complete?

2. 2. Are you planning on completing or cancelling your booking?

• We're looking forward to sailing as soon as restrictions are removed.
    • We plan to cancel our reservation(s)

18 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

We have back-to-backs booked and paid for...Rome-to-Venice and Venice-to-Rome on Infinity...No word that they've been cancelled yet...and the CDC would have no bearing on that because there are no US ports...CDC has no jurisdiction...

BUT, we expect them to be cancelled at some time...

We also have back-to-backs on Millennium in April 2021...We are still expecting those to happen...

This order ceases operations of cruise ships in waters in which the United States may exert jurisdiction and requires that they develop a comprehensive, detailed operational plan approved by CDC and the USCG to address the COVID-19 pandemic through maritime focused solutions, including a fully implementable response plan with limited reliance on state, local, and federal government support.  These plans would help prevent, mitigate, and respond to the spread of COVID-19, by:

This paragraph is taken from the latest CDC Directive. The Infinity is currently on the west coast of Florida. I could be wrong, but I think the most recent "modified" version would include Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

This order ceases operations of cruise ships in waters in which the United States may exert jurisdiction and requires that they develop a comprehensive, detailed operational plan approved by CDC and the USCG to address the COVID-19 pandemic through maritime focused solutions, including a fully implementable response plan with limited reliance on state, local, and federal government support.  These plans would help prevent, mitigate, and respond to the spread of COVID-19, by:

This paragraph is taken from the latest CDC Directive. The Infinity is currently on the west coast of Florida. I could be wrong, but I think the most recent "modified" version would include Infinity.

Where Infinity is now and where she is then are 2 different things. Unless the US Government seizes the ship then she is free to leave at the direction of her owners...If they want her to go to Europe without passengers there isn't anything the US Government can do about it. 

We have a June 2020 Galapagos cruise on the Xpedition - booked back in 2018. It hasn't been canceled yet, but I'm sure it will be. Ecuador is a mess right now. We considered taking 125% FCC but will probably take a cash refund, since Galapagos prices are already skyrocketing for next year, and that's too much FCC to spend on a different cruise. I was so excited: we were upgraded to a suite on this one 😞 

The Washington post has an article 11:15 am today — CDC prohibiting cruising until they deem it safe since the virus situation On cruise ships exacerbates spread or for 100 days (I’m paraphrasing).

l could not link the article but check it out.

🙁

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Where Infinity is now and where she is then are 2 different things. Unless the US Government seizes the ship then she is free to leave at the direction of her owners...If they want her to go to Europe without passengers there isn't anything the US Government can do about it. 

I do not question your statement, or that of Bruin Steve. I do believe that once a sea going vessel is within the 12 mile coastal waters, it is now under U.S. jurisdiction. Also, when reading the latest modified CDC directive, it does say that ( I am paraphrasing) during the Corona virus crisis no person, corporate entity (owner, lessee, otherwise) shall operate a vessel or transit within local and international waters. The vessel shall have the capacity to carry 250 or more passengers and crew. Whether or not a ship carries passengers and crew, it cannot leave. As I see it, the U.S. has control of every ship in U.S. waters.

We shall respectfully agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, true45 said:

The Washington post has an article 11:15 am today — CDC prohibiting cruising until they deem it safe since the virus situation On cruise ships exacerbates spread or for 100 days (I’m paraphrasing).

l could not link the article but check it out.

🙁

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-government-just-banned-carnival-155714607.html

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Before making up your mind, I'd suggest heading over to this thread. Pay particular attention to the posts by @chengkp75:

Yes, his posts are extremely helpful. Time will tell. 

From what the Australian Govt is hinting at, we will not be travelling overseas in the interim anyway. I'd say at least for 3 months. Currently any Australian arriving from overseas (non citizens cannot travel here) we have to spend 14 days in a quarantine hotel, then another 14 days in self isolation in our state. So that's another month out of action. 

This is the financial situation for Carnival for Princess in Australia right now. 
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/10/ruby-princess-battle-begins-to-hold-someone-accountable-for-cruise-ship-coronavirus-debacle

Edited by Pushka

We have the Summit booked for December 2020 and if I could cancel now, I would.  I saw back in January I could switch my refundable deposit to a NRD and "save" about $2000.  We will now be out $1500 if I outright cancel the cruise.  Our PIF isn't until September, so I'm just sitting and waiting right now.  Worse comes to worse, I pay the penalty and move my deposit to a cruise far into 2021 and just wait it out again and see what the world is like next year.  

Celebrity has already cancelled two of our cruises. We have not received one penny refunded on either cruise. We have bookings and deposits for December 2020 and February 2021. We will cancel both of them before final payment. We will not cruise again until there is an approved and effective vaccine and we have received the vaccine. If no vaccine, then no more cruising. Don't care whether the deposits are refundable or not. It's better to be at home near family than to be stranded on a cruise ship with sick and dying passengers and crew and no country will let you get off the ship.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, DrKoob said:

The chances of one of the big three (Carnival Corp, RCL Corp or NCL) going out of business are pretty improbable at this point. All Wall Street analysts who follow cruise lines say that they can survive without sailing until next year or longer. Of the smaller lines, Viking is in a great position being a private company and Disney...is Disney. Would I buy a cruise on American Cruise Line or Virgin right now? Nope. But the Big Three, no problem. 

DrKoob,

Respectfully, can you share your sources?  I have not been able to located any analysts that have made such statements.  

RCL has a 96.5% Debt to Equity Ratio going into this shut down.  If the industry does not get back to 2019 revenue and profitability, failure seems extremely likely.  

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/11/why-royal-caribbean-carnival-and-norwegian-cruise.aspx

We have a May 13, 2020 booked on Equniox...just waiting on X to cancel (huge bummer as we've been looking forward to this cruise for ages - sailing with friends we haven't seen in a long time) and a mid-September Hawaii cruise on Solstice. Fingers crossed that one won't get cancelled as it's our anniversary trip. We have another Caribbean one booked for Feb 2021 but I'm not even thinking about that one at this point. 

4 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

DrKoob,

Respectfully, can you share your sources?  I have not been able to located any analysts that have made such statements.  

RCL has a 96.5% Debt to Equity Ratio going into this shut down.  If the industry does not get back to 2019 revenue and profitability, failure seems extremely likely.  

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/11/why-royal-caribbean-carnival-and-norwegian-cruise.aspx

No problem. First, this one from the Seattle Times: 
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/covid-19-made-cruises-look-terrible-but-fans-are-still-booking-trips-for-2021/ 

The this one from the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/business/coronavirus-cruise-industry-carnival.html

The NYT article is behind their pay wall so here is a screen shot of the parts that talk about this topic:

1864175433_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_49PM.thumb.png.c5f85371e4e90a27faae5b295ea567cf.png

2042561275_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_55PM.thumb.png.6047f47976237232088bf0913520236b.png

Edited by DrKoob
  • Like 1

We have four bookings, of which only the October 17th on the Summit will stay on our active list(maybe?). May 9th was canceled by Celebrity, May 19 is sure to be, August 16th is from Dublin back to Boston(dependent on the. 8/02 leaving Bayonne to Dublin). The new “no cruise” by the CDC will end it’s 100 day about 7/25, to soon for crew and supplies, so we’ll cancel if Celebrity does not. Also, a Silhouette voyage on 01/31/21 that will sail without us in South America, will transfer that booking to the Constellation for February.

Hal

We have an Apex cruise in March 2021 with a refundable deposit but are probably going to cancel soon. With what we`ve seen over the last few months I can`t see getting on a cruise ship unless we have been vaccinated.
Please advise what you think..., thanks.

Have a cruise booked for Feb 21 & 22 great deals booked on board all 4 perks

about $700 OBC and with low deposits. Having missed our trip this year we really hope that we can travel and this pandemic is over

Be Safe

10 hours ago, DrKoob said:

No problem. First, this one from the Seattle Times: 
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/covid-19-made-cruises-look-terrible-but-fans-are-still-booking-trips-for-2021/ 

The this one from the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/business/coronavirus-cruise-industry-carnival.html

The NYT article is behind their pay wall so here is a screen shot of the parts that talk about this topic:

1864175433_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_49PM.thumb.png.c5f85371e4e90a27faae5b295ea567cf.png

2042561275_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_55PM.thumb.png.6047f47976237232088bf0913520236b.png

The first article is pretty much in line with my thoughts on the future of cruising. Cruising has not suddenly gone from a fantastic product to a failed one because of one virus. Yes cruise companies will adapt, but the demand is clearly still there and in my view that demand will only increase. On top of that I believe that we will see improvements in sanitary practices in places like the buffet which we have always had issues with.

• Like 1

I have a Silhouette cruise in October that I am still hoping I will be able to enjoy. Dependant of course on a few things:

The end, or control of Covid-19.

Whether Silhouette even makes it across to Europe,

I will have just reached 70, no health issues, but if the dreaded form is still necessary, will I be able to get to see a GP and will they sign it?

Fingers crossed.🤞

09/2020 Holy Land on Reflection

Pretty sure it’s not going to happen. But why would I cancel?!

It‘s likely going to be canceled (like two cruises we had booked before). Until then we not doing anything.

04/2021 Asia on Eclipse 

Looking forward to it...

09/2021 Eastern Med on Edge

If (or better when) #1 is canceled, we might rebook this one to a Holy Land cruise

04/2022

New Zealand on Eclipse

We have no reason to rush into canceling any cruise at the moment. We‘re not going anywhere at the moment anyway... so we will see how the situation is in due time and decide one by one.

Happy Easter everyone!

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Current bookings:

7/19/2029 - Summit to Bermuda

2/13/2021 - Apex Western Caribbean w/Costa Maya

7/10/2021 - Apex Spain, France, and Itsly

7/17/2021 - Apex Italy, France, Monaco, and Spain 

2/19/2022 - Apex Western w/Belize

And I thought we booked our cruises early. Man, you've got us beat on that one. 😉

• Like 1