Who has a Celebrity cruise(s) booked in the next 12 months?

Quo Vadis?

Celebrity Cruise Reservations 2020-2021  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have deposits on upcoming X cruises that you still wish to complete?

2. 2. Are you planning on completing or cancelling your booking?

• We're looking forward to sailing as soon as restrictions are removed.
    • We plan to cancel our reservation(s)

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

And I thought we booked our cruises early. Man, you've got us beat on that one. 😉

I took advantage of the deal while I was onboard Edge in February this year. My TA teased me that she needed to make sure my cabins were always positioned so I would have to walk by the Future Cruise desk as I seemed to keep falling in there. (To be fair, 7/17/2022 was already booked. I just added the other 3 Apex cruises. The Summit was added in the past week (see my thread asking thoughts on that one for details there.)

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I took advantage of the deal while I was onboard Edge in February this year. My TA teased me that she needed to make sure my cabins were always positioned so I would have to walk by the Future Cruise desk as I seemed to keep falling in there. (To be fair, 7/17/2022 was already booked. I just added the other 3 Apex cruises. The Summit was added in the past week (see my thread asking thoughts on that one for details there.)

I was only referencing the one I highlighted in red. 😉

• Like 1

I amtoo afraid of further cancelations and pospones by the cruise companies. We canceled our recent cruise and decided to rebook. Now we are thinking of canceling it either. We want to be with cash to decide what to do for the next summer ourselves. We dont want to rely on anyone or anything. We can only rely on ourselves. I still dont know when my daughter will go to school.. 

15 hours ago, sinned19 said:

We have an Apex cruise in March 2021 with a refundable deposit but are probably going to cancel soon. With what we`ve seen over the last few months I can`t see getting on a cruise ship unless we have been vaccinated.
Please advise what you think..., thanks.

Unfortunately I agree with you... We probably will not cruise again until there is a vaccination. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DrKoob said:

No problem. First, this one from the Seattle Times: 
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/covid-19-made-cruises-look-terrible-but-fans-are-still-booking-trips-for-2021/ 

The this one from the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/business/coronavirus-cruise-industry-carnival.html

The NYT article is behind their pay wall so here is a screen shot of the parts that talk about this topic:

1864175433_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_49PM.thumb.png.c5f85371e4e90a27faae5b295ea567cf.png

2042561275_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_54_55PM.thumb.png.6047f47976237232088bf0913520236b.png

I only read the Seattle Times story, The NY Times required an account which I don't care to establish. 

The Seattle story is positive that the industry will survive, which I agree will happen, but it probable will not be business as we have know it.  I did not see where an "analysist" said they would not file BK.  The Cruise Industry can continue operations as airlines have in the past when a BK plan has been approved. I just would not want to be one of the unsecured creditors if BK happens.  

I need to look closer at their balance sheet.  Do they show FCC as liabilities or is the FCC an asset or Account Receivable?  If people cancel their bookings which seems likely, the financial statements are suspect...

Thanks for yout kind reply.  Perhaps our paths will cross on a cruise ship soon! And, we can toast life and travel again... 

Edited by Sam.Seattle

29 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Unfortunately I agree with you... We probably will not cruise again until there is a vaccination. 

I have a cruise planned for January, 2021 out of Tampa.  There are two conditions that will have to be met before I contemplate taking it:

1.  All (Government of Canada) foreign travel restrictions will have to have been removed;

2.  The following travel advisory fro Government of Canada needs to be lifted:

Avoid all travel on cruise ships 

The Government of Canada is advising that you avoid all travel on cruise ships due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, until further notice.

• Like 1

I have 3 cabins and flights by Celebrity booked for Solstice for late August Alaska. We booked January 2019 and feel like the planets aligned to get the whole family in the same spot at the same time. We talked my sister and some friends in to joining us. 

In my heart I know we should cancel now but there's this tiny part of me saying "it could happen".....yeah, probably not. Final payment in 5/20 and that's a lot of $ to play around with. I come to the boards each day to see how others are dealing with all this. I know this is a total first world problem to have these days. 

Decisions.....decisions....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eyecantwait said:

I have 3 cabins and flights by Celebrity booked for Solstice for late August Alaska. We booked January 2019 and feel like the planets aligned to get the whole family in the same spot at the same time. We talked my sister and some friends in to joining us. 

In my heart I know we should cancel now but there's this tiny part of me saying "it could happen".....yeah, probably not. Final payment in 5/20 and that's a lot of $ to play around with. I come to the boards each day to see how others are dealing with all this. I know this is a total first world problem to have these days. 

Decisions.....decisions....

I hope that the situation is more clear in a few weeks. I am happy my decision isn't until October. If you are confident that your money is safe with Celebrity then it makes your decision harder. If you aren't that sure then don't make the final payment. We can all hope that cruising will resume but there is the sticky detail of the closed border. I hope you can enjoy your cruise, being in Solstice means that you will spend sometime in my town. Enjoy the time here and be aware that Butchart Gardens is nowhere near the cruise port. Be safe and take care. 

Edited by Blackduck59

I have mixed answers to question 2 depending on which cruise it relates to.  I am hoping our July is cancelled (it is past the 100 day current limit) and possibly our September.  Hoping that by our November, and certainly our January, the situation has improved such that we can still sail safely.  Time will tell

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I hope that the situation is more clear in a few weeks. I am happy my decision isn't until October. If you are confident that your money is safe with Celebrity then it makes your decision harder. If you aren't that sure then don't make the final payment. We can all hope that cruising will resume but there is the sticky detail of the closed border. I hope you can enjoy your cruise, being in Solstice means that you will spend sometime in my town. Enjoy the time here and be aware that Butchart Gardens is nowhere near the cruise port. Be safe and take care. 

Thanks, we do have some time to think about this but I'm betting I'll be no more confident of a decision then than I am now.

🤷‍♀️

7 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I agree, I can't myself getting on a cruise again without some sort of vaccination.  I love cruises, but to be honest, I have ether gotten sick on or shortly after a trip.  I think It will take a long time before I feel comfortable on one again, but definitely not before a vaccine is available.  

We have three cruises booked, Oct 2020, Jan 2021 and Sept 2021.    Luckily we are both healthy and will have no problem if a letter is required from our doctor.   Would be nice if they lowered the prices, Azamara and Seabourn, but they are just as high if not higher than before.   The cruise in September on the new Seabourn ship is still sold out and at a minimum $15K each for two weeks!

If your health is questionable you shouldn’t be cruising under any scenario.