Livid!

cured

So, I am currently sailing on Virtual of the Seas.

I have heard so much about the dress code in the MDR but never really paid attention. However, now I understand!  Last night this guy shows up to our table late. Had some lame excuse about being on a "call."  Who works while cruising?  Then, get this, he is wearing a nice button down shirt, which was nice. But he had the nerve to pair this shirt with shorts. SHORTS! In the MDR!  And that is not the worst.  You all complain about flip flops? This guy had socks on. No shoes, just socks.  

Then, our servers were nowhere to be found.  I actually had to go to the kitchen to find our food.

Thank goodness I purchased the drink package as I am definitely getting my money's worth.

Anyone else sailing on VOS and have seen this travesty of the dress code in the MDR?

• Like 9
  • Haha 14

Oh oh, at least he was wearing shorts, not in his underwear.

Looks down, I'm just wearing socks on my virtual cruise. No shoes here either. ... slinks away.

Well at least your cheers purchase worked out. You aren't diamond and getting free drinks?

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh oh, at least he was wearing shorts, not in his underwear.

Looks down, I'm just wearing socks on my virtual cruise. No shoes here either. ... slinks away.

Well at least your cheers purchase worked out. You aren't diamond and getting free drinks?

On one of my cruises on Radiance OTS, it was formal night and in the atrium, this older gentleman had on his tuxedo, however he wasn't wearing his pants, only these bright yellow smiley face boxers. He explained to those asking him and everyone getting a kick out of seeing him, that he lost a bet with cruising friends and had to go the night without his pants. 

It was so hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They must be backed up in the kitchen because our waitress cooked the meal and served it to us. What really got to me was that she had the nerve to sit down and eat with us.  To add insult to injury she asked me to clear the table and load the dishwasher  while she sipped a glass of wine and watched me. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They must be backed up in the kitchen because our waitress cooked the meal and served it to us. What really got to me was that she had the nerve to sit down and eat with us.  To add insult to injury she asked me to clear the table and load the dishwasher  while she sipped a glass of wine and watched me. 

Yes, that's a new service being offered.  Waitress cooks, serves, eats with everyone and directs everyone else to clean up!  It's a new service like the KEY.  Be sure and look for it on your next cruise.  Doesn't include WiFi, however!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For lunch today, I was chilling in the cabin and the phone rings. The waiter asked me Whataburger or Chic Fil A? I said Whataburger. He had the nerve to just walk in the cabin and drop my sack on the bed. Whatever happened to service? Unpacking my lunch and serving it on fine china. And he forgot my Dr. Pepper??? I told him, You better run up to 7-11 because I purchased the Soda package. LOL!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The gall.  🍷

• Like 1

Well they said no flip flops. It doesnt say you have to wear shoes does it? Where is that fine print.

I wanted eggs over easy with lots of bacon. The order was mixed up and I got cereal. Where is the basket of bread? Please pass it. Are we still allowed to pass the basket of bread or do we have to wear gloves. 

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just went to the schooner lounge and was told they were out of vodka and state liquor store closed down.  So I ordered a mojito and was told make it myself since they are complicated to make.  No tip for him!!

Was the piano player good though?

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have been sailing on the Virtual of the Seas too.  So glad it moved to Alaska this week, two weeks in the Caribbean was enough.  Abe is doing a great job!

The cruise director is awesome!

• Like 1

There seems to be a serious lack of $10 t-shirt sales. And cheap watches that I'll never wear but feel compelled to buy.

I'll be writing a strongly worded e-mail.  After all, I'm an Emerald++ status so I should get whatever i want!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cured said:

So, I am currently sailing on Virtual of the Seas.

I have heard so much about the dress code in the MDR but never really paid attention. However, now I understand!  Last night this guy shows up to our table late. Had some lame excuse about being on a "call."  Who works while cruising?  Then, get this, he is wearing a nice button down shirt, which was nice. But he had the nerve to pair this shirt with shorts. SHORTS! In the MDR!  And that is not the worst.  You all complain about flip flops? This guy had socks on. No shoes, just socks.  

Then, our servers were nowhere to be found.  I actually had to go to the kitchen to find our food.

Thank goodness I purchased the drink package as I am definitely getting my money's worth.

Anyone else sailing on VOS and have seen this travesty of the dress code in the MDR?

Meh, that’s still dressed more appropriately than I’ve seen on a competitor. I’m not concerned how people are showing up to the MDR on the Virtual of the Seas or on any actual ship... it doesn’t change the taste of my food.

What prompted you to think it was okay to enter the kitchen?

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Meh, that’s still dressed more appropriately than I’ve seen on a competitor. I’m not concerned how people are showing up to the MDR on the Virtual of the Seas or on any actual ship... it doesn’t change the taste of my food.

What prompted you to think it was okay to enter the kitchen?

Because I spent a lot of money earning my 7 points, so I should be entitled to kitchen privileges.

All I know is the towel mountain in the bathroom is getting bigger by the day! The steward hasn't picked any up yet ... I've tried to complain to guest services but my eyes have closed up due to the 'accident' I had t'other day!