FCC Roll Call

KennyFla

Perhaps we can start a thread on how long it is taking to get your FCC so people can start to plan.  Maybe give your original cruise date and when you got the credit.

My cruise date was April 18.  Nothing yet

UK here too. Grandiosa 12th March on and off the ship on the same day. Emailed requesting FCC on 17th March, got reply on the 19th saying they noted my request to book another cruise and they would be in contact in due course.  Nothing since.  No mention of FCC or the refund for the pre booked excursion.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:02 AM, KennyFla said:

Perhaps we can start a thread on how long it is taking to get your FCC so people can start to plan.  Maybe give your original cruise date and when you got the credit.

My cruise date was April 18.  Nothing yet

Same here.  4/18.  Nothing yet.

For US bookings the FCC is supposed to be issued within 14 days of the cancelled cruise's sail date, refunds may take up to 60 days.

IF I CHOOSE A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT HOW AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?

You will be required to fill out the form and choose the option Future Cruise Credit. Once you submit your request, you will get an email confirmation. Your Future Cruise Credit will be issued via email within 14 days of your original booked cruise. Once your selection is submitted, it cannot be changed.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

Edited by Até

13 hours ago, Até said:

For US bookings the FCC is supposed to be issued within 14 days of the cancelled cruise's sail date, refunds may take up to 60 days.

IF I CHOOSE A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT HOW AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?

You will be required to fill out the form and choose the option Future Cruise Credit. Once you submit your request, you will get an email confirmation. Your Future Cruise Credit will be issued via email within 14 days of your original booked cruise. Once your selection is submitted, it cannot be changed.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

There is nothing like that on the UK website, absolutely nothing - that I can find anyway.  Even did a search in the FAQ section for Covid with no results.  I think they are just totally ignoring us here.

37 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

There is nothing like that on the UK website, absolutely nothing - that I can find anyway.  Even did a search in the FAQ section for Covid with no results.  I think they are just totally ignoring us here.

Don't feel bad.  They seem to be ignoring everybody

I managed to speak with the UK CEO on Thursday evening before Easter, I was told that MSC would begin issuing the FCC'S within 5 to 6 working days after Easter, so that takes it into next week.

I have a friend who is itching to re book and has been told that there is some delay but no idea why.

The FCC's will be issued by cruise so those in March will be first.

I am posting this question on behalf of someone I was chatting with online who lives in Canada. My understanding is that MSC Canada is only offering FCC at this time, and that a refund is not possible until the end of 2021. Can anyone on here verify or dispute that? I'm trying to give the individual some hope that it might not take that long. (with the proviso that policies may change at any time). Thank you.

Just received an email from our TA, it includes the ABTA backed FCC with a covering letter from the TA saying the following ...

Please find attached your ABTA protected Refund Credit Note. This can be used to re book an alternative holiday by 31stJuly or monies refunded by this date or when we have the funds back from the supplier (s) whichever is sooner. We have temporarily closed our telephone lines to enable our team to get to you as quickly as possible. We will contact you in departure date order to run through the options available as these differ by cruise line. Please note, if you were due to sail with MSC, there will be a delay in contacting you as they have not yet advised agents of their re booking process.
Thank You for your continued patience at this time.

Today on the UK Website is the following change ...  

For the cruises we are forced to cancel from March 10th to May 29th we will offer our guests 125% Future Cruise Credit.

The Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed by 31st January 2021 and is valid for all sailings taking place on or before 31st December 2021. If the Future Cruise Credit is not used by 31st January 2021 , guests are entitled to a refund equal to the original amount of the cruise fare paid. Please note refunds may take up to 120 days to be processed.

All affected guests will receive a communication directly from MSC Cruises or through their Travel Agent giving further details regarding their Future Cruise Credit and how to redeem it imminently.  For further queries please contact operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

For full Ts&Cs please refer to your voucher.

Edited by sidari

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Just received an email from our TA, it includes the ABTA backed FCC with a covering letter from the TA saying the following ...

Please find attached your ABTA protected Refund Credit Note. This can be used to re book an alternative holiday by 31st
July or monies refunded by this date or when we have the funds back from the supplier (s) whichever is sooner. We have
temporarily closed our telephone lines to enable our team to get to you as quickly as possible. We will contact you in
departure date order to run through the options available as these differ by cruise line. Please note, if you were due to sail
with MSC, there will be a delay in contacting you as they have not yet advised agents of their re booking process.
Thank You for your continued patience at this time.

Today on the UK Website is the following change ...  

For the cruises we are forced to cancel from March 10th to May 29th we will offer our guests 125% Future Cruise Credit.

The Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed by 31st January 2021 and is valid for all sailings taking place on or before 31st December 2021. If the Future Cruise Credit is not used by 31st January 2021 , guests are entitled to a refund equal to the original amount of the cruise fare paid. Please note refunds may take up to 120 days to be processed.

All affected guests will receive a communication directly from MSC Cruises or through their Travel Agent giving further details regarding their Future Cruise Credit and how to redeem it imminently.  For further queries please contact operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

Finally!  When was you original cruise?

On 4/17/2020 at 11:46 AM, DCGuy64 said:

I am posting this question on behalf of someone I was chatting with online who lives in Canada. My understanding is that MSC Canada is only offering FCC at this time, and that a refund is not possible until the end of 2021. Can anyone on here verify or dispute that? I'm trying to give the individual some hope that it might not take that long. (with the proviso that policies may change at any time). Thank you.

Sadly you understand correctly 😢 Yes here in Canada we who booked though MSC cruises Canada (we arent allowed to book through the US site unless we have a US TA) have been told no refunds only FCC at 125% if base fare. If FCC isnt used by December 31st 2021 then and only then will a refund start to  be processed. So almost 2 years before we will see our money returned.

I had sent a general inquiry through the website (USA) and received a personal response yesterday. It said that my account had been credited with my cruise fare plus an amount that I figured out was equal to 25% of the base cruise fare I paid. It said I should just call to rebook. 

I emailed back to ask for something I could send to my Travel Agent, some kind of certificate with a total amount, and I asked when I would receive the refund of the taxes, port fees, and prepaid items. 

This does feel like some sort of progress to get an individual acknowlegement that there is an FCC in my "account"!

FYI- this was for a cruise that MSC canceled for March 15. I believe it was the first cruise that was actually canceled by the cruise line, at least out of Miami.

Is there any way that you can see your account and the credit sitting there?  I can only see my personal details and voyager's club details. 

I was due to sail on 12th March out of Barcelona and have had no response from MSC other than a reply to the email I sent them on the 17th asking for a FCC. They replied on the 19th saying they would be in touch in date order of receipt.  I sent them a follow up email on the 16th April asking for any update, this has not been acknowledged. 

MSC UK by the way.

3 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

Sadly you understand correctly 😢 Yes here in Canada we who booked though MSC cruises Canada (we arent allowed to book through the US site unless we have a US TA) have been told no refunds only FCC at 125% if base fare. If FCC isnt used by December 31st 2021 then and only then will a refund start to  be processed. So almost 2 years before we will see our money returned.

Thank you, @Mattnvick

Another change since this morning.

For the cruises we are forced to cancel from March 10th to May 29th we will offer our guests 125% Future Cruise Credit.

The Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed by 31st January 2021 and is valid for all sailings taking place on or before 31st December 2021.Should you be unable to redeem your 100% Future Cruise Credit you are entitled to apply for a refund equal to the original amount of the cruise fare paid. Please email operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk and your refund will be processed, please note the refund may take up to 120 days following the submission.

All affected guests will receive a communication directly from MSC Cruises or through their Travel Agent giving further details regarding their Future Cruise Credit and how to redeem it. For further queries please contact operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

19 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

I was due to sail on 12th March out of Barcelona and have had no response from MSC other than a reply to the email I sent them on the 17th asking for a FCC. They replied on the 19th saying they would be in touch in date order of receipt.  I sent them a follow up email on the 16th April asking for any update, this has not been acknowledged. 

An update - I received a reply today, saying that the UK was slower than the USA and Canada as their procedures are less strict over there, and that they had planned to send our FCC's last week but had to wait due to changes from ABTA, which meant that they have had to change some wording. 

They have been told that these should be getting sent out imminently and that I should watch my emails - yippee!!

Watch this space.......