Tap Air

relldy01

I spent from March until last week trying to get my money back from a trip first class trip booked from Florida to Dubai!  Don't give up but keep calling and calling and calling.  They are one of the worse.  It was horrible!!  I just wouldn't quit and refund was finally put back on AMX card.  Good luck!!  If you want to talk to me---message me and I will call you.  Carol

• Thanks 2

Try sending a message on twitter. I sent a message regarding a flight in October and asked for a refund. It took about a week and I got a response asking to verify my email which I did. They responded almost immediately and said the refund was being processed and apologized for it taking so long to respond to me.

I got a voucher from TAP a few months ago but I gave up on trying to get them to credit my VISA😲

Not sure I will ever use the voucher (it was less than 200.00) but it was hard enough reaching them to begin with........😲

31 minutes ago, relldy01 said:

I understand!  It took me 4 months but I finally got my money back and I would not quit as it was over $3000.  Probably not going to use TAP again if they are still in business!!

WOW  3 grand........I would have continued to fight for that amount too!  

16 hours ago, rwdtgb said:

Try sending a message on twitter. I sent a message regarding a flight in October and asked for a refund. It took about a week and I got a response asking to verify my email which I did. They responded almost immediately and said the refund was being processed and apologized for it taking so long to respond to me.

Yep, I have a pile of apologies and positive responses from TAP but, what I still don't have is my money. It's been 4 months.

Completely understand.  It took me 4 months also and I called every few days and got all the promises and apologies but did finally work.  Good luck!!

Edited by relldy01
error in spelling

Same here. Trying since May. Hours on the phone sometimes being transferred then disconnected. Spoke to several agents. Messaged on Twitter, Facebook. Sent tons of emails. Finally thought I’d give my credit card a call. They took down the info. Asked me to forward any correspondence with TAP that I’ve documented. They were crediting my card back while they investigated. Almost 2 grand for business executive seats. I’m holding my breath that this nightmare is over.

I feel your pain.  My cost was over $3000 and AMX silver kept trying to make amends but to no avail.  They finally said that I would have to contact TAP again and again.  Took 3 months and TAP finally did refund my credit card.  WHEW!!  What a mess.  Good luck!!  

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:29 AM, omeinv said:

Oh indeed.  All the major US carriers have been doing the same thing (either denying refunds, or making them nearly impossible to request).  The US DOT's position is clear as well, the outbreak is not a valid excuse not to provide refunds as required.  That is exactly why I suggested the OP file a credit card dispute if the circumstances, in fact, warrant it. 

Harris

Denver, CO

We were in a similar situation with TAP which refused to issue a refund on a canceled flight to Lisbon. We filed a credit-card dispute and, after six weeks or so, we got our money back.