Cruise Critic Community
sfred

Queen Elizabeth Position

Since my last post, Diamond Princess, Pacific Princess, Maasdam, Noordam, and Westerdam all entered Manila Bay and took up positions within the anchorage. But since there have always been several of the 28 cruise ships in the area temporarily out to sea for operational reasons, there haven't been more than the previous high of 25 cruise ships actually anchored/docked within Manila Bay at any one time. For that reason, I haven't posted any further port diagrams showing how many cruise ships are in Manila Bay.

Now this evening, it looks like two cruise ships may have left Manila for good. Voyager of the Seas is on her way to Singapore while Royal Princess departed just before noon showing "Int. Waters" for her destination.

Of course of the most interest to this forum is what QE's plans are. Will continue to keep an eye on her movements. Unless someone finds a tip elsewhere (perhaps in a social media post), we may not know until QE departs Manila showing a destination other than "Manila Anchorage".

Edited by bluemarble

17 hours ago, sfred said:

what is your best guess prediction of QE's location on 8 September?

Like you, part of me says #1.

But maybe something like #2 or #5 is the way to get things going again. Saling from Japan, with Japanese passengers, to Japanese ports, and finishing in Japan. Or sailing from NZ, with NZ passengers, to NZ ports and ending in NZ.

what is your best guess prediction of QE's location on 8 September?

My take:
On Sept 8th? Still in/near Manila Bay
Sept. 28th, the new cruise terminal in Tokyo.

The twenty days before that, crewing up, more cleaning, and I bet having the full on board for two weeks to be sure none of the crew are ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a shot from QE's webcam from about an hour ago which I thought was interesting showing Quantum of the Seas and some of the Manila skyline around sunrise.

image.png.00aa64e4fe5901ace09e92f4505e811f.png

By the way, Royal Princess is on her way back to Manila. I suppose reporting "Int. Waters" for a destination is a way of saying "going out to sea for operational reasons" rather than keeping the destination "Manila" which has been the usual procedure for the cruise ships there.

Edited by bluemarble