Now for something completely different

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

OT but I just noticed that our number of posts no longer shows the exact number but x000+. When did that change?

It's still there on mine Lyndon right under the avatar. I just looked at mine and imagine my surprise I'm almost at 3,000

44 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Mine shows a whole number but I have no idea if it is accurate.  

That's odd. When I browsed down to your post it was showing 10.000+ then it changed to the exact number. Weird.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we are having record temperatures, downright tropical at 21 c yesterday, still 20 today and hovering in the low 20s through until Tuesday 😎

Nice temps, warm without being uncomfortably hot. We're still getting a few days over 25c but it cools down quickly at night now.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Nice temps, warm without being uncomfortably hot. We're still getting a few days over 25c but it cools down quickly at night now.

We were scraping the frost off the windshield on Monday and there was frost on the cars on the weekend but we didn't have to scrape it, we didn't use the cars until later in the day. Spring has sprung here and it is a lovely around here, we have a variety of different blossom trees that bloom in sequence, one fades away and the next starts. The magnolias are out everywhere and beautiful. There are a few Rhodos out but they will be spectacular soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sydney doesn't really get a true spring or autumn. It just has summer and winter with periods of confusion in between. 

We have just returned home after a few days in the south west of Vic. It was real autumn weather, high teens during the day, cold at night and some rain. Also very windy. We stopped at Camperdown for lunch and they have an avenue of 540 English Elm trees along the main street (Prince's Highway). Because it was quite windy, the yellow/orange leaves from the trees were blowing all over the road and onto the footpath as well as down the side streets. Pretty, but I would hate to be cleaning them up. We visited the Warrnambool breakwater area Wednesday afternoon and it was quite windy with passing showers. The Southern Ocean was living up to its reputation. 

8118dbea-1488-421c-8e7d-e974308ea3d7.jpeg

1a571096-6d64-49b0-9066-ac2af0f779e4.jpeg

463f8632-d617-4a03-b6f2-3456169649f7.jpeg

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

We were scraping the frost off the windshield on Monday and there was frost on the cars on the weekend but we didn't have to scrape it, we didn't use the cars until later in the day. Spring has sprung here and it is a lovely around here, we have a variety of different blossom trees that bloom in sequence, one fades away and the next starts. The magnolias are out everywhere and beautiful. There are a few Rhodos out but they will be spectacular soon.

Sounds beautiful.  My girlfriend in Upstate NY said the trees there don't have any leaves. Are magnolias the size of dinner plates?  I think that is what I saw in the blue mountains - huge flowers in a beautiful garden.  

37 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we are watching "Coast New Zealand" they are in fiordland, we will be doing, Dusky, Doubtful and Milford sounds on the cruise.

It's a very beautiful part of NZ. We've been through there three times on cruises and always enjoy seeing the majestic and pristine scenery.

I have been looking forward to this adventure for a long time, I'm trying to get Lynn excited about New Zealand. She is a little hesitant about the 14 day duration of the cruise. I think part of the reluctance is the possibility that this trip will also be cancelled. 

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have been looking forward to this adventure for a long time, I'm trying to get Lynn excited about New Zealand. She is a little hesitant about the 14 day duration of the cruise. I think part of the reluctance is the possibility that this trip will also be cancelled. 

I'm sure she'll love the cruise. The port days in NZ are full on, with only one sea day between Auckland and Fiordland, so it's a really busy cruise. We were glad to have a few sea days to relax and the Celebrity ships are nice.

But, yes, it's hard to get excited when you don't know whether your trip will happen.

• Thanks 1