Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Now  I'm getting really confused!🤔

Sorry about that, they did actually send this cruise clockwise, so they were in Dunedin on the 4th March - not the original 28th Feb.,  but not much else matches up. I’ve been on book of faces talking with him and he is on a crusade. Just politely asked if he would back off the private messaging stuff as per Brandees original request. 🤔 Fingers crossed this happens.
He is most definitely an evangelist hell bent on fixing cruising in Australia 🙄 - agree with others he behaves like a reincarnate Brisbane41etc.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

Well, you're all better detectives than I.  I've checked the Book of Faces and for the life of me cannot find this person.  All I get are academics or mini politicians from "another" country.  Gawd forbid I'm labelled a racist on here if I mention this particular sub continent.   🙄

But I must say, Uncle Les, reckon you've won the money on this one.  It's gotta be that one of "Many Names on CC".   😉

14 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Sorry about that, they did actually send this cruise clockwise, so they were in Dunedin on the 4th March - not the original 28th Feb.,  but not much else matches up. I’ve been on book of faces talking with him and he is on a crusade. Just politely asked if he would back off the private messaging stuff as per Brandees original request. 🤔 Fingers crossed this happens.
He is most definitely an evangelist hell bent on fixing cruising in Australia 🙄 - agree with others he behaves like a reincarnate Brisbane41etc.

Rose, I have just read your conversation with him. I can't find the email with the employee's temperatures in the list of exhibits for the Special Commission. I wonder where he found it or did he use the top of another email to doctor up the one he has?

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Rose, I have just read your conversation with him. I can't find the email with the employee's temperatures in the list of exhibits for the Special Commission. I wonder where he found it or did he use the top of another email to doctor up the one he has?

I doubt that he would have 'doctored' the document about the person's temperature. If anything, it throws his claim into doubt. The document shows her on 1st March, 'day 0', afebrile; 2nd March, day 1, afebrile; 3rd March, day 2, afebrile; day 3, 4th March (temperature of ) 37.5. The person is shown as asymptomatic from 1st March to 7th March. I don't know why the person's medical condition is listed from 1st March if this is meant to be the Spa Manager who boarded the ship on 4th March. We need a detective to work this one out. 🙂

17 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Well, you're all better detectives than I.  I've checked the Book of Faces and for the life of me cannot find this person.  All I get are academics or mini politicians from "another" country.  Gawd forbid I'm labelled a racist on here if I mention this particular sub continent.   🙄

But I must say, Uncle Les, reckon you've won the money on this one.  It's gotta be that one of "Many Names on CC".   😉

When you search on FB, use All in the filters on the LHS of the page and when the results come up, scroll down past People and it is the second one after that. 

BE548A27-35A9-41A9-9B0C-5E101BCC87C2.jpeg

Edited by possum52

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh, I have no idea where he gets his documents, says they are from the Inquiry but he is definitely some sort of fanatic, so he believes everything he is reading/finding. To the point of including the Artania in with the NSWH coverup conspiracy - which I think is where he thinks he is trying to base all his crazy claims against. Bit of a nutcase and I have left him alone 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

Leigh, I have no idea where he gets his documents, says they are from the Inquiry but he is definitely some sort of fanatic, so he believes everything he is reading/finding. To the point of including the Artania in with the NSWH coverup conspiracy - which I think is where he thinks he is trying to base all his crazy claims against. Bit of a nutcase and I have left him alone 😉

Thanks Rose. Probably wise to leave him alone. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I doubt that he would have 'doctored' the document about the person's temperature. If anything, it throws his claim into doubt. The document shows her on 1st March, 'day 0', afebrile; 2nd March, day 1, afebrile; 3rd March, day 2, afebrile; day 3, 4th March (temperature of ) 37.5. The person is shown as asymptomatic from 1st March to 7th March. I don't know why the person's medical condition is listed from 1st March if this is meant to be the Spa Manager who boarded the ship on 4th March. We need a detective to work this one out. 🙂

He had answers for all these, then raved on about NSWH ……… seriously, he’s a nutter and I give up. But I do hope he doesn’t bother Brandee and her other posters again 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

He had answers for all these, then raved on about NSWH ……… seriously, he’s a nutter and I give up. But I do hope he doesn’t bother Brandee and her other posters again 🤞

Rose I think you confused him with calling Brandee's private group 'private messaging' which are two different things on FB. Has he deleted some of his posts?

9 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Raving is the right term and I can remember Brisbane41 behaving like that here at times. Very suss! If it is him he's not the kind of person you can have a rational discussion with. 

BRANDEE and her group should be able to, and should, block him from their private group.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

Rose I think you confused him with calling Brandee's private group 'private messaging' which are two different things on FB. Has he deleted some of his posts?

Either way Leigh, hope he leaves them alone. 
Looks like it, pretty sure he has removed some of mine  😉

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

When you search on FB, use All in the filters on the LHS of the page and when the results come up, scroll down past People and it is the second one after that. 

BE548A27-35A9-41A9-9B0C-5E101BCC87C2.jpeg

Thank you Leigh.

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Raving is the right term and I can remember Brisbane41 behaving like that here at times. Very suss! If it is him he's not the kind of person you can have a rational discussion with. 

BRANDEE and her group should be able to, and should, block him from their private group.

I thought so too, but his writing isn’t as precise as Bris41s - he is just very wrapped up in the subject and has probably invested 18 months chasing shadows about Australia’s management of Covid on cruise ships. In particular NSW Health.
Can guarantee, that on the WWW if you want to find conspiracy theories, you will 🤪

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

I thought so too, but his writing isn’t as precise as Bris41s - he is just very wrapped up in the subject and has probably invested 18 months chasing shadows about Australia’s management of Covid on cruise ships. In particular NSW Health.
Can guarantee, that on the WWW if you want to find conspiracy theories, you will 🤪

Thank you for looking this guy up and trying to figure out who he is.

There have been no more "public" posts from him to our group, but no idea if he is still reaching out to anyone via private messaging. (That is how he got access to the group)

I read your posts with him and he sure is not backing down.  Some of what he says makes sense and then some does not.  Still sounds like he has a big gruge with the government and wants to nail them with something. 

Look, I made no secret that I feel the NSWH got away with murder, but sure would like to know what he is up to.  If is investigation had legs, he should have gone to the news media.  Maybe he did and they rejected it on lack of proof.  Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen lately. 

I just felt it was inappropriate to contact the people who were "hurt" so much. Thank you for the help!

I'll let you know if anymore correspondence happens with him. 

• Like 2

I hope he does leave you and your group alone Brandee. He must have gone looking for a group such as yours to share his information with. 

I feel he shouldn't have posted the information about the person whom he believes is case zero publicly, that is not fair to her. I would think if he had relevant, factual information, media here would be most interested in it. Perhaps he is hoping one of your group will go to the media.

Good luck with him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think 'Antony' is best ignored, I mean who does he think he will attract as supporters to his cause? 

There will always be some. I noticed one person on his FB page asking if they coukd share his post.

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

There was one other person that posted a lot of stuff about the Ruby debacle last year. I can't remember the forum name but do recall that some thought it was another alias for Brisbane41. I wasn't convinced it was as the writing style was different. Maybe that person is Antony. 

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There will always be some. I noticed one person on his FB page asking if they coukd share his post.

The person who asked if they could share his post is the Australian woman, who was on the Ruby, disembarked and flew back to the UK where she lives and I think developed covid on the way home.

Elisa McCafferty

15 minutes ago, possum52 said:

The person who asked if they could share his post is the Australian woman, who was on the Ruby, disembarked and flew back to the UK where she lives and I think developed covid on the way home.

Elisa McCafferty

Thanks, Leigh. I wondered who she was but wasn't really interested enough to figure it out. I guess there will still be people affected who will blame Princess even after the enquiry findings. Using their 20-20 hindsight, of course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Les I just watched a story on Raymond’s of

Malua Bay on ABC.  I recall that was a popular restaurant in your area. Do you still eat there?

Yes, I saw that doco..I certainly do eat there, my late wife and I were weekly diners at the old Raymonds at the now burned down Malua Bay Bowling club, which is being rebuilt by the new club owners..Cabramatta Bowls Group. As you would have seen on the ABC show Raymonds is now in the Abode Hotel at Malua Bay Beach, it is fantastic, upmarket chinese. Raymond is still on the burners. These days I have lunch or dinner once a fortnight there with my daughter and son (not now he is in lockdown at Riverview - Sydney.)  and sometimes grandkids.

Raymonds is fantastic, highly recommended for any visitors to the area.  About a 12 minute drive from my place.

Edited by NSWP

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Leigh. I wondered who she was but wasn't really interested enough to figure it out. I guess there will still be people affected who will blame Princess even after the enquiry findings. Using their 20-20 hindsight, of course. 

I believe the lawyers for Carnival and Shine are having a mediation in the next few weeks. If no result it goes to the Federal Court in March 2022.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Got the confirmation email from Celebrity for the cancellation  of our March cruise today, previously they had only cancelled  the two cruises that came  to Australia and returned. That means the entire season  here has now  been cancelled.

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, I saw that doco..I certainly do eat there, my late wife and I were weekly diners at the old Raymonds at the now burned down Malua Bay Bowling club, which is being rebuilt by the new club owners..Cabramatta Bowls Group. As you would have seen on the ABC show Raymonds is now in the Abode Hotel at Malua Bay Beach, it is fantastic, upmarket chinese. Raymond is still on the burners. These days I have lunch or dinner once a fortnight there with my daughter and son (not now he is in lockdown at Riverview - Sydney.)  and sometimes grandkids.

Raymonds is fantastic, highly recommended for any visitors to the area.  About a 12 minute drive from my place.

Sounds good. We'll have to try it next time we come down your way.

• Like 1