Now for something completely different

9 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hello All

I am still alive... and enjoying a G&T   before dinner....     life has been up and down...

and cruising has after from my mind..... but suddenly realized we have a cruise booked in November  to NZ on the Grand....

So that said it is time to get back into Cruising  as it has been 919 days since we got off our last cruise...

Cheers Don with Coffee

Good to hear from you Don.  

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks Everybody.... It means a lot.....

Now back to the real stuff... and think about cruise..... or going anywhere by ship......

Noticed one thing the price on the red and white boat has gone about 50% so will not be going to Tassie in a rush......

about 4 hours to G&T time.....

Cheers Don 

We drove close to the Spirit twice last week going to and from Warrnambool. We were taking about when they move their arrivals and departures to Geelong - October 2022 - wondering if it will affect patronage from our side of the bay and further east. 

23 hours ago, possum52 said:

Good to hear from you Don.  

We drove close to the Spirit twice last week going to and from Warrnambool. We were taking about when they move their arrivals and departures to Geelong - October 2022 - wondering if it will affect patronage from our side of the bay and further east. 

One thing is for sure, will make a difference on the return trip Leigh, it will be peak hour on geelong rd during the week coming back home,     so will plan to come back at the weekend.... going can be anytime.....

At the moment things are deal.... interestingly just got back from 11 nights down at Apollo Bay

Fish is Cheap $48 a kilo for Tuna against $68 to $110 in bayside.... Cray was $85 and tasted great

Also pick up some Gin from the local Distillery, which has taken over the old Post Office

Cheers Don 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Welcome back Don, enjoy your G&T I'm not a big fan of that particular cocktail although Pimm's and ginger ale is quite nice.

Thanks Lyle

The G&T thing started on our first Cruise.....

Before that is was a dry Martini with a twist of lemon

or a Tasmanian Single Malt.......

and to finish the night a wee XO 

Cheeers Don

• Like 1

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks Lyle

The G&T thing started on our first Cruise.....

Before that is was a dry Martini with a twist of lemon

or a Tasmanian Single Malt.......

and to finish the night a wee XO 

Cheeers Don

That’s my tipple:  dry martini and single malt, from Isla or believe it or not, from an island in Loch Lomond….🥰

My favourite tipple this winter is the Tullamore Dew, a drop of the Oirish. Dan's had it on special @ $44.

A smooth tasty drop, better than Jamisons IMO. Just a few ice cubes in it, no mixers.

gettyimages-1231126649-612x612.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

My favourite tipple this winter is the Tullamore Dew, a drop of the Oirish. Dan's had it on special @ $44.

A smooth tasty drop, better than Jamisons IMO. Just a few ice cubes in it, no mixers.

gettyimages-1231126649-612x612.jpg

I used to bring this back duty free from overseas.  

• Like 1

I should add that I only enjoy martinis on a cruise.  The Tullamore Dew sounds enticing, Les.  At the moment we have Bowmore;  costly, but that means we tend to keep it for special tipples.

Well there was a shocking shoot out today between police and 2 armed robbers. Witnesses think that up to 50 rounds were exchanged. Both perpetrators are dead and there were 6 police wounded, 3 with serious injuries. Armed robbery with a gun is very uncommon anywhere on Vancouver Island and an actual shootout with police is unheard of. I have a friend on the Victoria Police and he used to be on the ERT so I don't know if he was involved or not. I sure hope the injured officers will have a quick and full recovery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well there was a shocking shoot out today between police and 2 armed robbers. Witnesses think that up to 50 rounds were exchanged. Both perpetrators are dead and there were 6 police wounded, 3 with serious injuries. Armed robbery with a gun is very uncommon anywhere on Vancouver Island and an actual shootout with police is unheard of. I have a friend on the Victoria Police and he used to be on the ERT so I don't know if he was involved or not. I sure hope the injured officers will have a quick and full recovery.

Oh, that's terrible news, Lyle.  Our hopes are with yours.  No doubt we'll hear some news reports here.  Vancouver Island does indeed seem a peaceful and lovely place.  Please keep us posted.

Just now, Mareblu said:

Oh, that's terrible news, Lyle.  Our hopes are with yours.  No doubt we'll hear some news reports here.  Vancouver Island does indeed seem a peaceful and lovely place.  Please keep us posted.

It happened just before noon and it is now almost 7 pm and we don't have an update on the serious cases. The 3 less serious are expected to be released from hospital perhaps already.

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

It happened just before noon and it is now almost 7 pm and we don't have an update on the serious cases. The 3 less serious are expected to be released from hospital perhaps already.

Exactly midday here.  Prayers for the injured.💜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not good news to my ears Lyle. Prayers with the injured officers.👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

At least the alleged offenders are deceased, no prayers for them, not from me anyway.

I have friends in several different police departments. Most are retired now after 30+ year careers.

My friend Matt is still active with the Victoria Department, I have sent him an email with best wishes for a quick recovery for the wounded. I think perhaps many of the members involved will be working through a whole range of emotions going forward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have friends in several different police departments. Most are retired now after 30+ year careers.

My friend Matt is still active with the Victoria Department, I have sent him an email with best wishes for a quick recovery for the wounded. I think perhaps many of the members involved will be working through a whole range of emotions going forward.

Yes Lyle, these days...de briefings and counselling. In my day after a traumatic event it was down the pub for half a dozen adult beverages.🍺 Although we did have Peer Support Officers, I was one of those as an extra duty.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes Lyle, these days...de briefings and counselling. In my day after a traumatic event it was down the pub for half a dozen adult beverages.🍺 Although we did have Peer Support Officers, I was one of those as an extra duty.

Indeed Les, Matt is a Staff Sargeant so some of the members involved could have been in his squad.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Indeed Les, Matt is a Staff Sargeant so some of the members involved could have been in his squad.

Hoping all your friends are safe and sound.  After 35+ yrs in law enforcement, I was relieved when my husband retired.  We live in a crazy world where no one is safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Hoping all your friends are safe and sound.  After 35+ yrs in law enforcement, I was relieved when my husband retired.  We live in a crazy world where no one is safe. 

From me,thank him for his service and good he survived, as I did, sort of ,after 36 yrs.👮‍♂️

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Oh my goodness Lyle, I hope your friend is ok and the injured police officers recover quickly. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, getting older slowly said:

One thing is for sure, will make a difference on the return trip Leigh, it will be peak hour on geelong rd during the week coming back home,     so will plan to come back at the weekend.... going can be anytime.....

At the moment things are deal.... interestingly just got back from 11 nights down at Apollo Bay

Fish is Cheap $48 a kilo for Tuna against $68 to $110 in bayside.... Cray was $85 and tasted great

Also pick up some Gin from the local Distillery, which has taken over the old Post Office

Cheers Don 

Hope the weather wasn't too cold at Apollo Bay. We are in Warrnambool again - (my Mum passed away yesterday morning aged 91) and it was freezing this morning and didn't improve much. Rain coming in now. We are here to Saturday, hopr it is not rainig for the drive home.

4 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Blessed are the Peacemakers for they are the sons of God.x👮‍♀️👮

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hope the weather wasn't too cold at Apollo Bay. We are in Warrnambool again - (my Mum passed away yesterday morning aged 91) and it was freezing this morning and didn't improve much. Rain coming in now. We are here to Saturday, hopr it is not rainig for the drive home.

My condolences Leigh, that is all I can say. Xx

13 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sincere condolences Leigh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My condolences Leigh, that is all I can say. Xx

Thank you Les. it was not unexpected but still sad. Mum had been unwell for months and at Easter we thought she would only last another day or two but she rallied and then went into aged care as it was too hard for Dad to look after her anymore. She went downhill again a couple of weeks and we knew the end was near. She will be cremated tomorrow without a funeral - her wishes. We will have a celebration of her life with family and friends in a few months and scatter her ashes where my sister and nephew's are scattered.