Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well I will start this with a picture

351352237_trenchdown.thumb.jpg.169c687606d837e3832cd2b635857e5c.jpg

This is the state of my driveway since Wednesday the 18th, it's a long story I won't get into but suffice to say, we have had a long and unpleasant encounter with a property development next door. This is just the latest round of disrespectful behavior.

Tonight for the first time ever something nice came from that sub-division. As you know it is yesterday to you whenever I'm on here so it's Halloween here. In the past we have had neighbours close by do long late night fireworks shows we could hear but never see. Tonight there was a first class fireworks show that they did at about 730 and we could see from our wrap around veranda. What a nice surprise, we will have to go over and thank them tomorrow.

I thought you had an earthquake, looking at the mess. Good luck with it all Lyle.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Has the developer just dumped rocks and rubbish over your driveway? Unbelievable! Are you able to get through? 

Better call the RCMP. Although it would be a civil dispute, police would not be interested.👮‍♂️

When we constructed the driveway and had the water line installed some 16 years the contractor managed to get the water line about 30 cm over the property line, of what was a single house on a five acre plot back then. It has since been subdivided into 24 building lots of about .14 acres. How the city approved a ridiculously over sized house for the postage stamp lot. When this problem was discovered they pressured us to let them move it at their expense and they wanted to start the next day. They were supposed to simply move it over requiring a hole about 60 cm onto our property and about 75 cm deep and they were supposed to be done in a week or according to the permission we signed "a reasonable period of time". What we got was a hole from 1 meter to 1.5 meters wide and to the building grade of the new lot. We have been on the City every day and getting lots of lip service but no action. What a load of BS stories every one insulting my intelligence. I am a certified tradesman and know a fair bit about building.

We did call the RCMP Les and it is a civil matter. I have a site meeting with the building department on Thursday which is the same day that Lynn goes into hospital for a daycare procedure that requires anesthetic. So she gets to walk up that driveway from where that car is in the photo to the house (the photo is taken from a point about half way to the house. Needless to say we are at our wit's end with this.

Nightmare Lyle, all the best, we could get a gang of us CC'ers over there, you can supply the shovels and Spitfire Grill brekkies, with the odd Tim Hortons Coffee break, that will keep us going.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

Well it's Sunday here, the race is over and Lewis Hamilton won and is very close to clinching his 7th world Championship and Mercedes Benz has clinched their 7th constructor's championship in a row.

I celebrated with a hearty (but not heart healthy) Breakfast

1964230278_LDSpecial.thumb.jpg.e0a7f6217af0aee6fd18d64b54403f1f.jpg

The LD fry up, bacon, smoked sausage, pastrami and onions all fried up with eggs and a 3 cheese blend on top.

I suspect Les would agree with me that that's good eatin' others would call it a heart attack on the plate😇

Well it's Sunday here, the race is over and Lewis Hamilton won and is very close to clinching his 7th world Championship and Mercedes Benz has clinched their 7th constructor's championship in a row.

The LD fry up, bacon, smoked sausage, pastrami and onions all fried up with eggs and a 3 cheese blend on top.

I suspect Les would agree with me that that's good eatin' others would call it a heart attack on the plate😇

I can feel my cholesterol going up.

I hope you use low fat milk in your coffee.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I can feel my cholesterol going up.

I hope you use low fat milk in your coffee.

Full cream milk for sure, none of that light or skim rubbish. That is my kind of brekky, love the Krispy Kreme mug.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

Quality Lyle, hope you enjoyed it.

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Full cream milk for sure, none of that light or skim rubbish. That is my kind of brekky, love the Krispy Kreme mug.

My daughter recently bought me lite coconut cream instead of coconut cream.  Same price with 50% water.  I explained to my daughter you can add water to coconut cream and double the quantity for the same price.  I think lite is a big con. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

My daughter recently bought me lite coconut cream instead of coconut cream.  Same price with 50% water.  I explained to my daughter you can add water to coconut cream and double the quantity for the same price.  I think lite is a big con. 

I do the same thing, I buy the cream and just add water to turn into a milk line substance. Much better value for money 🤑

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I do the same thing, I buy the cream and just add water to turn into a milk line substance. Much better value for money 🤑

When I buy cream it comes with apple sauce and flaky pastry.😋

apple turnover.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It did look a bit grey for coffee,there’s nothing like a good strong mug of tea.

Hang on don’t you Texan’s drink coffee,John Wayne always drank coffee?

Don't insult my fine province by comparing it to that puny little place called Texas.

I don't drink coffee, never acquired the taste for it.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It did look a bit grey for coffee,there’s nothing like a good strong mug of tea.

Hang on don’t you Texan’s drink coffee,John Wayne always drank coffee?

I can see the missiles coming over the Pacific from Victoria, British Columbia.🤣 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Don't insult my fine province by comparing it to that puny little place called Texas.

I don't drink coffee, never acquired the taste for it.

So Lyle, at Tim Hortons you have a cup of tea with your doughnut?

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So at Tim Hortons you have a cup of tea with your doughnut?

Actually my boss gets donuts for us every Friday. Some have tea most have coffee in winter I have Hot Chocolate in the winter and in summer I have Iced Cap (I know Coffee) but sufficiently sweet and lots of milk.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Actually my boss gets donuts for us every Friday. Some have tea most have coffee in winter I have Hot Chocolate in the winter and in summer I have Iced Cap (I know Coffee) but sufficiently sweet and lots of milk.

You will have to try a pineapple doughnut when you get to OZ, Lyle.

1784995546_th(5).jpg.da4528040f811440218732d04cbb9425.jpg