Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, local chinese cafes all still do banana fritters.   Our local cafe cooks Vietnamese food on the weekend and does banana fritters with ice-cream.  Who can resist?

Personally I prefer deep fried ice-cream to deep fried fruit 😄. In Villawood there is a Viet, Laotian restaurant that does deep fried ice-cream in filo pastery😋

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Was going to say deep fried ice cream done right, one here crumbs it in coconut and deep fries love the justoposition or hot and cold, crunchy and smooth, yummmy.

I had a fancy one couple of months ago suppose to resemble a Ferrero Rocher. They used coconut mixed with crumbed hazelnut with a gianduja icecream inside that was covered with a thin layer of chocolate.

I have a wide range of musical tastes Chili, I'm just in wind down mode almost bed time so soft works.

This is a good one with the Boss and Roger McGuinn and the song is timeless. Fits my feelings about what is going down in that large space immediately to the south of me

That jingle of the Rickenbacker guitar in McGuinn's hands is just magic

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have a wide range of musical tastes Chili, I'm just in wind down mode almost bed time so soft works.

This is a good one with the Boss and Roger McGuinn and the song is timeless. Fits my feelings about what is going down in that large space immediately to the south of me

That is a excellent performance Lyle. It’s never to late in the night for the boss.

He spends a bit of time in Sydney,He keeps talking about moving.Quiet a few of the big names come here over our summer.
The problem is the expense of touring here. It takes something like 6 weeks to get there stuff here.

The Rolling Stones toured here a couple of years ago and the tickets were up-to $2000 for front row .
‘But that’s one of the drawbacks of being a island on the other side of the world.      At the moment it’s a positive.

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

A time to cast stones TOGETHER!

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Brandee, I had hoped you would drop in to visit the different place.

For you and any other friends who are happy today...Cheers🥃

Concerned about the next 74 days..need some great music from The Boss, The Eagles, Pink and Andre Bocelli to chill!  And some fine wine!!

8 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Concerned about the next 74 days..need some great music from The Boss, The Eagles, Pink and Andre Bocelli to chill!  And some fine wine!!

Try this one Brandee I smile at the story every time

Good health, peace and unity for your future

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Try this one Brandee I smile at the story every time

Good health, peace and unity for your future

Wow...My wedding song....Just had a dance with my hubby of almost 50 years..thanks !!!

Arlo and I both born in the same Brooklyn Hospital..he a few years before me.  We also share the same passion for "protesting" social injustice.  In my early college years, my dad had to bail me out of jail ..peaceful civil disobedience.  Laying on the stairs of city hall in Staten Island..oh that was the longest ride home to Brooklyn..dad lecturing me on how could I do such a thing and disgrace the family.  Think I tried to explain to him if people don't stand up for the rights of others, as well as our rights, we were doomed.  Dad said he made a mistake not sending me to a Catholic college to keep me a good girl.  I got grounded for a month. I was only allowed to go to classes and work. Needless to say that was not my only protest...(I do not condone riots..so counter productive and stupid)  Thanks for bringing me down memory lane tonight...

• Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 8:29 AM, Chiliburn said:

That is a excellent performance Lyle. It’s never to late in the night for the boss.

He spends a bit of time in Sydney,He keeps talking about moving.Quiet a few of the big names come here over our summer.
The problem is the expense of touring here. It takes something like 6 weeks to get there stuff here.

The Rolling Stones toured here a couple of years ago and the tickets were up-to $2000 for front row .
‘But that’s one of the drawbacks of being a island on the other side of the world.      At the moment it’s a positive.

Chiliburn..After visiting your beautiful country back in Feb/March..I can see why so many "stars" love to spend time there. 

Regarding the price of concert tickets. They are out of control.  I wanted to see the Rolling Stones in New Jersey last fall and the average price was $400..and those were the cheap seats. So far from the stage that I would be spending the whole show watching a huge movie screen. The Stones are the group I have never gotten to see in person...and at their age and mine..probably won't   lol

Even Broadway Shows are ridiculous.  I took my granddaughter and two daughter in laws to see Frozen last year.  Not counting dinner and transportation (Long Island Railroad) it was $1000.  I grew up in NYC so seeing plays was easy, but that was back in the dinosaur days when prices were reasonable and affordable for the average Joe. My group of teenaged girlfriends would save from our allowance and summer job paychecks to go into Manhattan by train (subway) to see a play and have dinner in Times Square or go to a concert every five or six months.  We never realized how lucky we were.  Even going to a major league ball game with a family of four means taking out a bank loan.  Oh No..I hear the song "Those Were the Days My Friends"...in my head.   

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

Chiliburn..After visiting your beautiful country back in Feb/March..I can see why so many "stars" love to spend time there. 

Regarding the price of concert tickets. They are out of control.  I wanted to see the Rolling Stones in New Jersey last fall and the average price was $400..and those were the cheap seats. So far from the stage that I would be spending the whole show watching a huge movie screen. The Stones are the group I have never gotten to see in person...and at their age and mine..probably won't   lol

Even Broadway Shows are ridiculous.  I took my granddaughter and two daughter in laws to see Frozen last year.  Not counting dinner and transportation (Long Island Railroad) it was $1000.  I grew up in NYC so seeing plays was easy, but that was back in the dinosaur days when prices were reasonable and affordable for the average Joe. My group of teenaged girlfriends would save from our allowance and summer job paychecks to go into Manhattan by train (subway) to see a play and have dinner in Times Square or go to a concert every five or six months.  We never realized how lucky we were.  Even going to a major league ball game with a family of four means taking out a bank loan.  Oh No..I hear the song "Those Were the Days My Friends"...in my head.   

Lynn & I have pretty much stopped going to concerts a few years ago. Price was part of it but more than that the fact they "sell out" in 14 seconds and then the tickets show up at resellers at a 500 to 5000% mark up. The last concert we went to was a country singer called Paul Brandt we like his music and had seen him before at a theatre show (no booze in your seats). That last show was at our Arena, still a small venue in the grand scheme of things. Our group was Lynn and Myself, my mother and a good friend who's husband doesn't like country music. Meanwhile there was a group sitting down the row that figured the concert would be better with a dozen beers each. One got really sloppy and was hitting on our friend in front of his girlfriend all night. Lucky thing for that guy her husband wasn't there, he would have woken up in the hospital. I love music and have been to many concerts but really can't handle yahoos and with beer readily available in the seats they are everywhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Lynn & I have pretty much stopped going to concerts a few years ago. Price was part of it but more than that the fact they "sell out" in 14 seconds and then the tickets show up at resellers at a 500 to 5000% mark up. The last concert we went to was a country singer called Paul Brandt we like his music and had seen him before at a theatre show (no booze in your seats). That last show was at our Arena, still a small venue in the grand scheme of things. Our group was Lynn and Myself, my mother and a good friend who's husband doesn't like country music. Meanwhile there was a group sitting down the row that figured the concert would be better with a dozen beers each. One got really sloppy and was hitting on our friend in front of his girlfriend all night. Lucky thing for that guy her husband wasn't there, he would have woken up in the hospital. I love music and have been to many concerts but really can't handle yahoos and with beer readily available in the seats they are everywhere.

Metallica is not a group I would consider going to a concert for...but..I like the idea that they cut off the sale of beer before they go on stage.  More groups should do it.   My last concert..Neil Diamond..they sold wine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Metallica is not a group I would consider going to a concert for...but..I like the idea that they cut off the sale of beer before they go on stage.  More groups should do it.   My last concert..Neil Diamond..they sold wine!

I wouldn’t be interested in Metallica either but I have seen KISS a couple of times.They have the best stage show, Gene Simmons is a real weapon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Wow...My wedding song....Just had a dance with my hubby of almost 50 years..thanks !!!

Arlo and I both born in the same Brooklyn Hospital..he a few years before me.  We also share the same passion for "protesting" social injustice.  In my early college years, my dad had to bail me out of jail ..peaceful civil disobedience.  Laying on the stairs of city hall in Staten Island..oh that was the longest ride home to Brooklyn..dad lecturing me on how could I do such a thing and disgrace the family.  Think I tried to explain to him if people don't stand up for the rights of others, as well as our rights, we were doomed.  Dad said he made a mistake not sending me to a Catholic college to keep me a good girl.  I got grounded for a month. I was only allowed to go to classes and work. Needless to say that was not my only protest...(I do not condone riots..so counter productive and stupid)  Thanks for bringing me down memory lane tonight...

The mention of Arlo Guthrie brought back memories of the days when Alice's Restaurant was popular among us Nasho's (National Servicemen - draftees). Also, IIRC, the first music book I bought when I first started learning guitar was Woodie Guthrie's Songbook. This was when folk music was the rage - Peter, Paul and Mary, Bob Dylan et al. This was only a brief dalliance as surf music and the Liverpool sound was really my thing. After reading your post I went to Youtube and played Alice's Restaurant for old time's sake.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The mention of Arlo Guthrie brought back memories of the days when Alice's Restaurant was popular among us Nasho's (National Servicemen - draftees). Also, IIRC, the first music book I bought when I first started learning guitar was Woodie Guthrie's Songbook. This was when folk music was the rage - Peter, Paul and Mary, Bob Dylan et al. This was only a brief dalliance as surf music and the Liverpool sound was really my thing. After reading your post I went to Youtube and played Alice's Restaurant for old time's sake.

lyndarra    I just went to Youtube and listened to it after so many years...forgot how much fun it is..  And regarding his dad, Woodie.  What American elementary school kid did not learn "This Land is My Land" on the kazoo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

I would have loved to see Neil Diamond but never could get tickets.

Back in the 70s I was at a few concerts where the haze in the stands was almost thick enough they didn't need the fog machines. I don't think I had been to a concert with beer in the stands (sold by the venue) until I encountered the yahoos at the Paul Brandt show. I think my favourite show was the Moody Blues, Front row center seats with assigned seating on the floor. That was the first of 3 Moody Blues shows. Garth Brooks sold out 3 shows in Vancouver in 1996 there was 8 charter busses out of Victoria for one of those nights and a chartered ferry to get us back that same night.

By the way Brandee how's  the hangover?

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I would have loved to see Neil Diamond but never could get tickets.

Back in the 70s I was at a few concerts where the haze in the stands was almost thick enough they didn't need the fog machines. I don't think I had been to a concert with beer in the stands (sold by the venue) until I encountered the yahoos at the Paul Brandt show. I think my favourite show was the Moody Blues, Front row center seats with assigned seating on the floor. That was the first of 3 Moody Blues shows. Garth Brooks sold out 3 shows in Vancouver in 1996 there was 8 charter busses out of Victoria for one of those nights and a chartered ferry to get us back that same night.

By the way Brandee how's  the hangover?

Feeling good and smiling..but cautious..74 days for a narcissist can cause a lot of damage.

When I saw Neil Diamond  in the fall of 2018..it was unknowingly his last concert before his announcement about having Parkinson..so sad..love his concerts.  His best concert ever was October 11, 2001 at Madison Square Gardens.  I was pretty scared about going (the arena sits above Penn Station) But us gutsy girls got on the railroad and walked among the soldiers armed with their weapons for protection against another terrorist attack. He opened with "America"  he kept singing...  "Stand up for America", I cried like a baby.  Sure could use him to sing that song today

7 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Even Broadway Shows are ridiculous.  I took my granddaughter and two daughter in laws to see Frozen last year.  Not counting dinner and transportation (Long Island Railroad) it was $1000.  I grew up in NYC so seeing plays was easy, but that was back in the dinosaur days when prices were reasonable and affordable for the average Joe. My group of teenaged girlfriends would save from our allowance and summer job paychecks to go into Manhattan by train (subway) to see a play and have dinner in Times Square or go to a concert every five or six months.  We never realized how lucky we were.  Even going to a major league ball game with a family of four means taking out a bank loan.  

Times have certainly changed in the live concert industry😉. If you're curious these are some of the reasons:

Is Live Nation Entertainment's Monopoly Hurting Concert Lovers?

• Like 1