Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

does your boat have a dining room?

yes it does also a full kitchen , cook you some real aussie fish not that imported stuff on the cruise ships from asian countries they call fish .  its also time the southern bluefin tuna arrive and you might have a chance to lock onto a 1-200 kg tuna .  also do home made real meat  pies and beer .   the boat is up the hawkesbury river atm at empire marina i will be sailing down to sydney this weekend 

Edited by in rod we trust

57 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

yes it does also a full kitchen , cook you some real aussie fish not that imported stuff on the cruise ships from asian countries they call fish .  its also time the southern bluefin tuna arrive and you might have a chance to lock onto a 1-200 kg tuna .  also do home made real meat  pies and beer .   the boat is up the hawkesbury river atm at empire marina i will be sailing down to sydney this weekend 

Lockdown sounds more appealing

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yeah, I know village idiots, I plead guilty with an explanation.😝

First offence I can probably get you off with a 556a Uncle Les. But the fine may cost you less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

First offence I can probably get you off with a 556a Uncle Les. But the fine may cost you less.

Section 12 dismissal these days mate, ye olde 556a of the crimes act is long gone. Yeah, those briefs charge a motzer for a dismissal.

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Section 12 dismissal these days mate, ye olde 556a of the crimes act is long gone. Yeah, those briefs charge a motzer for a dismissal.

S10 actually Les 12 is a suspended sentence with a bond if memory serves.

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Charge a motza for a conviction if we can get it 

Edited by GUT2407

23 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

S10 actually Les 12 is a suspended sentence with a bond if memory serves.

Correct mate, section 10, been a long, long time since i put matters before the court, circa 2002.👮‍♀️

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Correct mate, section 10, been a long, long time since i put matters before the court, circa 2002.👮‍♀️

Been a long time since I appeared in the criminal jurisdiction too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Been a long time since I appeared in the criminal jurisdiction too.

The court is adjourned your Worship, we are in Retiresville.🛳🍷✈️

Edited by NSWP

When  went to court in 1968 to have my driving offence heard I represented myself and, after seeing the fate of previous offenders, I plead guilty. Neg driving - fined $50, exceed speed limit $25 or 14 days hard labour in default. Didn't hear about 556a until after. In those days court appearances for various offences were reported in newspapers. It was then that I learned about dismissals under 556a and found out what it meant.

BTW my court appearance was on  a very hot and humid, morning in November at Belmont court house. My case was called early and I was dressed for work (bank clerk) suit pants, long sleeve white shirt with tie. The magistrate's final comment to me was " and next time show some respect to the court and wear a coat"

Times and court attire have certainly changed. 

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

When  went to court in 1968 to have my driving offence heard I represented myself and, after seeing the fate of previous offenders, I plead guilty. Neg driving - fined $50, exceed speed limit $25 or 14 days hard labour in default. Didn't hear about 556a until after. In those days court appearances for various offences were reported in newspapers. It was then that I learned about dismissals under 556a and found out what it meant.

BTW my court appearance was on  a very hot and humid, morning in November at Belmont court house. My case was called early and I was dressed for work (bank clerk) suit pants, long sleeve white shirt with tie. The magistrate's final comment to me was " and next time show some respect to the court and wear a coat"

Times and court attire have certainly changed. 

Yeah unbelievable how some dress for court, one day a young lad was in kiddy court wearing a T-shirt that said 5h!t happens, magistrate said “Son I am remanding you in custody for a pre sentence report, but might I suggest that when you go get a chance that you read your shirt and then you may have some idea what to expect on sentencing.” Often wonder what he got and if he leant a lesson at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah unbelievable how some dress for court, one day a young lad was in kiddy court wearing a T-shirt that said 5h!t happens, magistrate said “Son I am remanding you in custody for a pre sentence report, but might I suggest that when you go get a chance that you read your shirt and then you may have some idea what to expect on sentencing.” Often wonder what he got and if he leant a lesson at all.

Bet you he didn't like the sentence.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Miami is planning ahead. I like the people mover the want to build.Some like that would work with botany cruise terminal.

https://www.cruisehabit.com/one-largest-cruise-port-gets-further-expansion-approval-people-mover-increased-capacity-lng-more

It would be a waste of money  for Botany Bay with only one ship a day. Ft lauderdale  has about 10 or more berths  and might warrant this sort of set up...and where would it start, not everybody flies in to cruise and It has no long term parking there,  not worth building for the small number that would use it.