When and what was the last Princess cruise you took?

mek

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Princess cruise you took.

Mine was on Grand Princess in September 2019 to Alaska - 10 nights RT from San Francisco.  It was our third time on the Grand and the 5th cruise to Alaska - we had a wonderful time.  It was so sad to watch when she arrived with all of the sick people on it.

• Like 2

This past January--15-day Los Angele-Hawaii R/T on the Star Princess.

I thought it was the best cruise we've ever taken.  Of course, that is, pretty much, my feeling after every cruise.

Most summers we cruise to AK, and I was planning on booking something on the Golden Princess, this year, but that plan has gone away.  BTW, we have taken that 10-day San Francisco-Alaska cruise on the Grand Princess twice over the years, and, yes, I thought those were the best cruises we've ever taken.

We, currently, have a 10-day Sea of Cortez cruise booked in December on the Emerald Princess, but I don't see any way we will be on that ship if it even sails.

November 30th 2019 5 Day Cabo Getaway from LA aboard the Royal Princess, was our first time on Princess and it was great, we hope to have another one booked for the end of this year 

Edited by Matco

49 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Island Princess 4 day getaway from FLL to Amber Cove.  Dec. 16-20, 2020.  EM

Same.  Just a quick bonus getaway from the cold thanks to a great deal. In the grand scheme of cruises it was a perfectly nice few days but not much from it was likely to make anyone's lifelong cruising highlight reel.....seems much more significant in hindsight now!

Sadly, I was aboard the little Pacific Princess on the 2020 World Cruise when all #*%! broke loose.  We were a safe ship with no virus illness, not even much of the usual colds and respiratory stuff or Noro.  The cruise was going to be fantastic, great passengers, staff and crew.  The first sign of what was to come was 3 ports, Bali, Phuket and Singapore all denied us visitation, followed by the Maldives and then Sri Lanka allowing only a "Service Call"  Then, when we more than a day north of Sri Lanka our captain got the orders to return to Fremantle, Australia and disembark passengers.  I did disembark in Fremantle and flew home Perth To Sydney To LAX.  Today, Apr 13th we should have been at sea in the Atlantic after visiting South Africa on our way to the Caribbean. So sad it had to come this end. 

Double cruises. Sapphire Princess, October 19, 2019 - In Search of the Northern Lights (Norway) - 12 nights, round trip from Southampton followed by 4 days in Barcelona and then Emerald Princess,  November 4, 2029 - 14 nights TA Barcelona to FLL.

Edited by Thrak

Northern Europe Baltic followed by TA to New York. 24 days on the Regal Princess August 2019 into September. Our longest cruise to date. LOVED it. We live 2 hours from New York, so getting home without flying made it even better.

We left LA on February 1st aboard the Emerald for a 28 day RT calling on Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti.

During the five day trip to Hawaii, we were informed by the Captain (Steven Lewis) that the Samoan ports are not allowing us to dock without a comprehensive health check/clearance, so those ports (Pago Pago & Apea) were off the schedule. 

Princess quickly reacted and added two more ports in Hawaii (Kona & Hilo) and some extra time in Tahiti. 

The cruise was wonderful - although there was some coughing and what appeared at the time to be minor illnesses aboard, there was no widespread viruses that we knew of then. In hindsight, there may of been Coronavirus aboard based on what we recall seeing from a couple of friends that we met onboard went through.

We all kind of kept our fingers crossed on the way back to LA - by then the crisis was all over the news - but made it back OK on the 29th. The airports at that time were operating a full capacity. Seems like a long time ago now.

Sky that sailed January 4th, 2020. Wonderful Western Caribbean cruise. Had a wonderful forward suite; good service and food.

Loved the nightly entertainment in  the piazza. I actually booked 2 cruises while on board but cancelled when I realized I must have been delusional to pay for two really high priced sailings, one this July and one in 2021.

Prior to that we sailed on Regal for Christmas departing 12/22/19. Only 3 ports: missed Princess Caye due to winds, then went to St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Again, such wonderful memories. The CD did a great job in planning entertainment and holiday celebrations. It is nice to think of those two cruises and hope we are all safe to begin to cruise again. 

Our last cruise was February 6th to the 10th, 2020 on the Royal Princes. 

West Coast Getaway out of San Pedro with port calls at Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico.  This cruise was with my DW and our DD and her friend who had a front facing balcony next to ours.

This was fun and relaxing short cruise. I surprised my DW by decorating our stateroom with an "Academy Awards" theme and rope lights being they were doing the Oscars on our return leg from Ensenada on Sunday evening. 

Happy Trails 🥃

IMG_20200207_123158164_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200207_125037158.jpg

IMG_20200207_103028134.jpg

IMG_20200209_164312185.jpg

IMG_20200207_103130268.jpg

IMG_20200209_212920163.jpg

IMG_20200207_083708759_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Sky Princess Western Caribbean that sailed 2/15/20.  Returned home right before all this began.  Feel fortunate to have been able to sail.  

Edited by CATGUY7
Spacing