Carnaval expected to cruise again sooner than ppl think.

seaman11

5 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Realize that this is the 3rd time they have posted expected sailing dates after cruises were canceled in March, then April and now May and most of June. Expecting to and actually sailing are very different 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I dont believe them 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Arnold Donald, the CEO of CCL, said today on CNBC that there will be no sailings until social gatherings are deemed safe by the governing entities.  He also said that cruising by default leads to social gatherings so I am not expecting cruising to start any time soon.  CCL took on $6 Billion in debt at high rates to last out 2020 and I don't think they would have taken on that debt if they felt it wasn't needed.

Listening to his interview this afternoon reinforces my belief no one is going on a cruise any time soon. All the major cruise lines have raised cash/increased debt like you mentioned about Carnival. That makes me think the cruise lines know something we don’t...i.e. it’s going to be a long time before cruise lines resume operations (like 2021). 

• Like 4

Major sports leagues are discussing the possibility of resuming in June, but with no fans in attendance. This may even carry over to football in the fall. Until these leagues are allowed to have fans in attendance (even in reduced capacity), I don't see how cruise ships will be allowed to sail.

One thing to think about. Once the cruise lines start again, whenever that happens, the one thing they cannot afford is another outbreak on a ship. With the negative publicity that would bring about, they would not only be shut down, but might not be able to sail again for a very, very long time. And even when they started up after that, would there be customers willing to be on a cruise ship? So, I would think that they would be real conservative with their real start up dates.

15 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Canada cruises usually go out of NYC? which seems unlikely at the moment..

We cruised to Canada on the Glory from Boston. It's been a while, but what a nice trip. Halifax, St John, Portland (Maine) and Sydney.
 Airfare from Houston to Boston was nearly as much as the cruise!

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

• Like 2

Great link, info contained VERY helpful, THANX! Glad I went ahead and requested a refund for our 5/25 cruise outta NYC. Didn't expect NYC sailings to resume anytime soon. Happy bout the Pride outta Baltimore resuming so quickly. We're booked on 14 day Panama Canal sailing in Jan.

Not gonna dwell on things if we sail on our June 27th cruise, awesome. If not no big deal as we have 3 booked for 2021. Been on 23 cruises and have never been sick (Other than self inflicted drinking), been working just about everyday since this thing broke out as an essential worker and I've survived. I'm going to try and stay positive and hopeful cruising will start up again this summer. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

But what about the 100 day No Sail order that lasts til nearly August? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/13/coronavirus-cruise-ships-saw-red-flags-amid-chaotic-federal-response/2937001001/

its not really a no sail , it just means they put still guidelines for 100 days. if the ports are open say in a month or so , and the cruise lines can meet the stipulations they will sail. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cushing985 said:

I personally feel the Alaska season won't happen and other trips won't happen until October at the earliest.  Would I bet on it?  Nope...too many unknowns

i would also think alaska, trips to canada, and probably ny/nj ports are a no go.  i'm think florida , galveston, maybe in june/july. 

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Listening to his interview this afternoon reinforces my belief no one is going on a cruise any time soon. All the major cruise lines have raised cash/increased debt like you mentioned about Carnival. That makes me think the cruise lines know something we don’t...i.e. it’s going to be a long time before cruise lines resume operations (like 2021). 

i think you are going to be shocked, it will happen slowly,and maybe limited pax on board small ships  but it will happen this summer.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i think you are going to be shocked, it will happen slowly,and maybe limited pax on board small ships  but it will happen this summer.  

I will be shocked if cruises begin this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, Cyn874 said:

But what about the 100 day No Sail order that lasts till nearly August? 

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It was revised.

Nope.  It was published in the Federal Register today, April 15.  The order is attached as a PDF for those that want to read it.  And it is indeed a No Sail Order for 100 days (unless rescinded by the CDC).  Read the PDF and see for yourself.

"This Order renews the No Sail Order and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on March 14, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/15/2020-07930/no-sail-order-and-suspension-of-further-embarkation-notice-of-modification-and-extension-and-other

No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships.pdf

Edited by bluesea321
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Geeez, sports events without the usual thousands of fans

sounds like great fun, doesn't it? LOL

Can't imagine anything worse for the poor/unfortunate players!

Trying to picture professional athletes as either poor or unfortunate, lol! When I heard this today I was thinking no way too but I thought about it and changed my mind. If this is the only way to get live professional sports back on TV, they should absolutely do it, they owe it to their fans. 

What about all the literally poor and unfortunate Americans trapped at home without a job? What about the kids? My grandson had school, Little League, playing with other kids and just about everything he enjoys cancelled. Bring back his favorite Dodger players, America needs the MLB, NFL, Golf, all of it back on TV. Figure it out and get it done, it would give the country hope, something that is in short supply. 

Then they can play all the games on the big screen on the Lido deck when cruising returns, keeping on topic, lol!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, Aplmac said:

NoGo out of NYC for the rest of this year.

Hopefully other departure points will go ahead with your cruise.

Carnival CANCELS!.jpg

Probably has to do with Canada being shut down for 2020. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

We cruised to Canada on the Glory from Boston. It's been a while, but what a nice trip. Halifax, St John, Portland (Maine) and Sydney.
 Airfare from Houston to Boston was nearly as much as the cruise!

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

We did this cruise on the Sunshine. Would go back in a heartbeat, loved it! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Nope.  It was published in the Federal Register today, April 15.  The order is attached as a PDF for those that want to read it.  And it is indeed a No Sail Order for 100 days (unless rescinded by the CDC).  Read the PDF and see for yourself.

"This Order renews the No Sail Order and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on March 14, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/15/2020-07930/no-sail-order-and-suspension-of-further-embarkation-notice-of-modification-and-extension-and-other

No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships.pdf 107.47 kB · 0 downloads

This can and will be revised. 

• Like 2

For those of us who have to fly to port cities, it doesn't matter if cruise lines resume cruising if we can't get there.  Great deals for those who live within driving distance.

6 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Trying to picture professional athletes as either poor or unfortunate, lol! When I heard this today I was thinking no way too but I thought about it and changed my mind. If this is the only way to get live professional sports back on TV, they should absolutely do it, they owe it to their fans. 

What about all the literally poor and unfortunate Americans trapped at home without a job? What about the kids? My grandson had school, Little League, playing with other kids and just about everything he enjoys cancelled. Bring back his favorite Dodger players, America needs the MLB, NFL, Golf, all of it back on TV. Figure it out and get it done, it would give the country hope, something that is in short supply. 

Then they can play all the games on the big screen on the Lido deck when cruising returns, keeping on topic, lol!

FDR during World War II said that Major League Baseball should play since that would be good for the morale of the country. The same should apply now.

And the upcoming NFL draft will get huge tv ratings for ESPN and the NFL Network.

• Like 1