Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

I see a lot of people have been refunded but we have not seen ours yet. We were scheduled to sail March 30 and waited until Royal canceled.  We decided to get the refund because did not know when we were going to be able to sail again.   Is there anyone else that was supposed to have already sailed that has not been refunded yet?

Cancelled 2 November cruises (deposits only) in early March. One deposit came through last week. Called about the other one and was told there was a glitch on their end. Will reissue it in 30+ days. 

Cancelled March paid in full cruise for the refund. Haven’t seen a refund as of yet. Trying to be patient but my bank account is hungry. 

3 minutes ago, Dadof2kids said:

I see a lot of people have been refunded but we have not seen ours yet. We were scheduled to sail March 30 and waited until Royal canceled.  We decided to get the refund because did not know when we were going to be able to sail again.   Is there anyone else that was supposed to have already sailed that has not been refunded yet?

Scroll down a page or so...multiple threads on this subject. Not sure how you can say you see a lot of people being refunded. I see no full refunds to date for Royal cancelled sailings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Scroll down a page or so...multiple threads on this subject. Not sure how you can say you see a lot of people being refunded. I see no full refunds to date for Royal cancelled sailings.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Dadof2kids said:

Good news someone on another group posted they got refunds for march 27. Its progressing. You should be within the next week. Lots of new threads by impatient folks it seems.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Good news someone on another group posted they got refunds for march 27. Its progressing. You should be within the next week. Lots of new threads by impatient folks it seems.

I don't think people are being impatient. I think we all see what is going on in the cruise industry and are concerned about our cash flow just like the cruise industry is.  I will gladly give it back to them in the future but I would rather hold on to it myself.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

On several other posts (also Celebrity posts that is owned by RCL) people got

refunds BUT this is:

If they filed a dispute with their credit card.

Taxes and fees.

Drink packages, internet etc.

FCC 

Upgrade cabin refund.

etc.

BUT no one got the full 100% cruise refund!! The BIG buck refund!!

I'm sure you know why!!

we have been waiting about 2 months so we decided to deny the charges on our credit card and see how that goes.  Unfortunately we have to do it in writing because the charge was so long ago, mid 2019, but regardless, not overly trusting of RCL these days...

Edited by 20165

I would say a lot of people have been EXTREMELY patient.  However patience runs thin....especially if you opted for a refund....having anything from 2k to 20k (or more depending on room and number of people who were sailing) NOT refunded at a time of such economic uncertainty will significantly add stress to people.

We opted for the FCC for our sailing that was supposed to leave April 16th and was cancelled.  I called yesterday because I have a final payment due May 4th for an August sailing that I want to apply it to because I know I don't want to pop 15k onto my CC in early May...but we are still planning on going in August if (assuming the ship sails).  If they don't issue the FCC in time....I may end up just cancelling because I am not going to then allow RC to have 30k in my money in the form of an interest free loan that they won't pay back especially when there appears to be growing chance (*albeit still small IMO) that they won't even be sailing by early August.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BP99 said:

It's NOT the deposit.  Many (like me) want a refund (that they said the would

give for a cancelled cruise after 30 days). No refund (100%) to any one! 

This is NOT a few dollars deposit to most. After you pay the deposit you have 

to pay for the cruise. That's the BIG bucks. If they go under you lose it all!

You are correct.  There are also people waiting for refunds on cancelled cruiseS.  Someone over on the Celebrity board was waiting for $20,000+  I don't care who you are, that's a lot of money to lose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BP99 said:

It's NOT the deposit.  Many (like me) want a refund (that they said the would

give for a cancelled cruise after 30 days). No refund (100%) to any one! 

This is NOT a few dollars deposit to most. After you pay the deposit you have 

to pay for the cruise. That's the BIG bucks. If they go under you lose it all!

Thats a heck of a statement and i didnt realize that no one has received a refund.  That give me pause especially since these cruise lines have some rough times ahead.

6 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thats a heck of a statement and i didnt realize that no one has received a refund.  That give me pause especially since these cruise lines have some rough times ahead.

I do not have inside information. My statement was based on what is posted on these

boards and yes it could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, BP99 said:

I do not have inside information. My statement was based on what is posted on these

boards and yes it could be wrong. 

Oh, im not disagreeing, i just didnt realize that no one or at least the majority of people havent received refunds.  I would be contacting my credit card company and denying charges immediately.  

For all the people disputing charges, while it may help you get the money removed off the card and not earning interest, you also are creating more work for when the credit card company contacts RCCL and takes a person from processing refunds to figure out if it was a valid charge or not. I know it stinks/sucks waiting for your money to be refunded and it shouldn't be taking this long but you are only lengthening the process either for yourself or for others awaiting refunds. 

• Like 1

We requested refund on 3/15 for our 4/5 cruise.  I've called twice and am being told it can be anywhere from 30-90 days after scheduled debarkation date before refund is processed.  My family paid over 10k for this cruise.  Unfortunately I don't think we are ever going to see that money refunded.

We went from cruising once a year and now I don't ever plan on cruising again.  

Just now, CruiseEnvy said:

I wonder how long it takes to issue FCCs or refunds for every paid stateroom on every ship, per cruise....

Worst case scenario, completely manual operation for RCCL.....30 mouse clicks per reservation and a couple copy/pastes ;)......so 3-5 minutes per room accounting for server load and data entry operator boredom 😉

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry.....can't help myself sometimes

The only thing that bothers me throughout this whole process is that until a curative is developed for this Covid-19 virus cruises will continue to be cancelled. The authorities have basically said that there will be no vaccine until early 2021. So my gripe is that why hasn't RCL and all the other cruise lines just cancelled all activity until then instead of playing this 30 days at a time game that they are playing. Yeah and I know ALL the "reasons" why they don't, I personally just think it is unethical. Same thing goes for the entire sports world, etc.

20 minutes ago, CruiseEnvy said:

I wonder how long it takes to issue FCCs or refunds for every paid stateroom on every ship, per cruise....

With today's modern computer systems not long. It's RCL releasing those credits and refunds back to the customer that takes so long, it's called dragging their feet.