How long did it take to get refund for cancelled shore excursions/drink packages....?

I am wondering for those who cancelled their drink packages and shore excursions and such, how long did it take for you to get your refund? We had a cruise booked for August 2020 that we cancelled and then also cancelled our cabana and waterpark passes for Coco Cay ($999.00). We cancelled everything on 04/04/20.

I feel like it should not take this long to get refunded for these things. You cancel and it should go right back to your credit card.

Have these things also been taking 30+ days to get refunds, just like cruise deposits?

• Like 1

Thanks for asking.  I was about to search for the same thing.  We canceled our drink packages for our June cruise this afternoon.  I know when we repriced them on black Friday, we got the credit for the canceled packages within a few days.  Was hoping this would be the same, but I guess it doesn't sound like it.  

Our cruise planner purchases for our 4/20 cruise were cancelled at the same time as our request for a refund, which was 2 weeks ago. We have not received anything yet, and don’t think I will see anything for awhile.

54 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

Our cruise planner purchases for our 4/20 cruise were cancelled at the same time as our request for a refund, which was 2 weeks ago. We have not received anything yet, and don’t think I will see anything for awhile.

I read somewhere on here a suggestion to cancel the additional purchases prior to the cruise because you would receive that portion of the refund quicker.  That is why I went ahead and canceled those before they officially cancel the June cruises.

17 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I read somewhere on here a suggestion to cancel the additional purchases prior to the cruise because you would receive that portion of the refund quicker.  That is why I went ahead and canceled those before they officially cancel the June cruises.

Unfortunately we had just found out the cruise was cancelled, so didn’t have a chance to cancel these first. Luckily all I had pre purchased was a dining package and the beach access at Coco Cay. 

Cancelled 23rd of March, then cancelled the June cruise a week later the person who did this for me over the phone said the refund for the cruise planner stuff was due 10 working days after I initially cancelled.

However I am still waiting as of today; I did ring RCI yesterday to find out what was going on and they advised due to volumes there were now delays on CP refunds and we should expect it by the end of the month. I would point out that it took aaaaaages on hold and numerous 'i'll just check' comments from the customer service rep before i got this update.

My advice to anyone waiting, be a very squeaky wheel.

• Like 2

Cancelled my drink package on March 17, refund showed up on credit card on March 19. Last time, when I cancelled the drinks package because prices went down and I wanted to repurchase it with the new price, it took 9 days, if I remember correctly.

We cancelled all of our cruise planner items on 3-16 and received credit card refund on 3-20.  Agree with OP- probably got in before the high volume.  But have not received credit for final payment of cruise.

I Cancelled 3 bookings for my clients on March 13th for a March 15th cruise, Rec the air and taxes and fee's last week, nothing from the planner purchases or the FCC as of yet.  This is Celebrity, but I'm sure its the same system.  Not sure why some are quicker than others.

2 hours ago, KsucAts said:

Thanks for asking.  I was about to search for the same thing.  We canceled our drink packages for our June cruise this afternoon.  I know when we repriced them on black Friday, we got the credit for the canceled packages within a few days.  Was hoping this would be the same, but I guess it doesn't sound like it.  

Us too - we have cancelled things from a CP before and it never took more than a few days to see the credit back on my card.

I canceled on March 12 for a March 20 cruise and so far nothing. I have called 3 times and they just keep saying that is it taking longer than it should. They told me yesterday to wait another 30 days!! This is just for drinks internet and shore excursions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I canceled water park passes mid-March and got the credit two days later.  I canceled the remaining cruise planner items the last week of March and got those refunds last week.  We never paid our final payment for our July cruise.  We will just get the FCC - eventually - for the deposit but at least we got the refunds for everything else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Newbea11 said:

I canceled on March 12 for a March 20 cruise and so far nothing. I have called 3 times and they just keep saying that is it taking longer than it should. They told me yesterday to wait another 30 days!! This is just for drinks internet and shore excursions. 

That’s unreal. Did you book and cancel these items online?  I thought the online Purshase using Cruise Planner was automated. Looks like they have turned that feature off to delay refunds. 

• Like 1