Is Journey mystery “ghost ship”?

snowglobe

3 hours ago, snowglobe said:

Pretty sure that this is likely the Journey... just passing through:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/04/14/residents-surprised-by-unidentified-cruise-ship-sailing-raja-ampat-waters-during-travel-restriction.html

Did it not just return crew members to The Philippines?

From the reports I've seen from crew it's heading to Manila after passing Indonesia with arrival on the 18th, but they are unsure as to what will happen when they get there.  

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

From the reports I've seen from crew it's heading to Manila after passing Indonesia with arrival on the 18th, but they are unsure as to what will happen when they get there.  

Phil 

Phil, I'm interested in your "reports from crew" - quite interested, in fact, to know if particular F&B folks have made it safely back to their homes.  One young man shared much conversation and laughter with us on recent cruises, as he keeps birds, and dogs, and planned his contracts to maximize time spent at his home with these favored friends.   We so enjoyed exchanging bird stories with him, and are concerned about his welfare.

14 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

MMMMMmmmm???????

Just a note that Spectrum of the Seas appears to have picked up some of the Journey crew and is heading ultimately to Manila, so some (or all) of the Filipinos are going home. Ovation is in the area too, but I do not know what is happening there. At least some are going to see family. 

Phil 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just a note that Spectrum of the Seas appears to have picked up some of the Journey crew and is heading ultimately to Manila, so some (or all) of the Filipinos are going home. Ovation is in the area too, but I do not know what is happening there. At least some are going to see family. 

Phil 

Michelle has just posted on FB that she and others are transferring to the Ovation, hopefully travelling home soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

All the Filipinos are on Spectrum to Manila and the rest of the international crew have gone to Ovation. They don't know when they'll be back home. Could be 10 days. Could be a month. They don't know.  I'm sure it was very emotional waving cheerio to Journey. 😔

Phil 

Phil,  do you know anything about the officers and crew from the Quest?  Have any gotten off the ship?

38 minutes ago, travelinjudy said:

Phil,  do you know anything about the officers and crew from the Quest?  Have any gotten off the ship?

Judy, all I know is that some are starting to come home from Abu Dhabi. It wouldn't be right of me to name names. For some there will be a quarantine period to go though, but I'm happy they are on the way home. I'm sad for their future however. Very uncertain right now. 😔

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what will be done with the ships themselves. where they will ultimately go to wait it out?

I assume that this will also affect Journey’s planned dry dock.

Edited by snowglobe

On 4/26/2020 at 3:49 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Like many of the officers, what a lovely guy he is. A real credit. 

Phil 

He is indeed, so humble, caring but never out to promote himself.  Several of Azamara captains are like this, it’s a style I really like 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

All three Azamara ships are now together in Glasgow in a hot layup (systems kept going) with one captain overseeing them all.

Are you sure about the hot layup for all 3 ships?, other report said only Quest was hot and others cold.