Is Journey mystery “ghost ship”?

snowglobe

10 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

That’s my understanding, but I may be wrong.

I am afraid your understanding is wrong. It was posted on another thread here and confirmed elsewhere, currently only one is a warm layover. They are getting the others ready for cold which is a lot of work - doors and windows sealing, cabins stripped etc etc 

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

They are getting the others ready for cold which is a lot of work - doors and windows sealing, cabins stripped etc etc 

Indeed it is a lot of work - I just read this interesting article explaining some of the work and even mentioning Journey (apologies if it's been posted elsewhere on this board) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-08/coronavirus-travel-what-happens-to-cruise-ships-during-covid-19?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bobal said:

Indeed it is a lot of work - I just read this interesting article explaining some of the work (apologies if it's been posted elsewhere on this board) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-08/coronavirus-travel-what-happens-to-cruise-ships-during-covid-19?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews

It’s a very interesting read which further confirms why I believe it will be early 2021 before things start and that’s without a special Scottish winter.  I read from an engineers post last week it takes 4-6 weeks to get set up for a cold lay up. So coming back from it is probably double. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Indeed it is a lot of work - I just read this interesting article explaining some of the work and even mentioning Journey (apologies if it's been posted elsewhere on this board) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-08/coronavirus-travel-what-happens-to-cruise-ships-during-covid-19?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews

Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen it before. As uktog says, cannot see things moving anywhere until next year. 

Phil 

• Like 2

"Cold layups are seen as advantageous only in the event of an outage stretching to many months. 

When they’re ready to set sail again, the restart can take weeks to months.” 😪

If Journey and Pursuit are going into cold layup, surely it is time to notify all those on cruises affected by that for the rest of this year they will not be sailing? 🤔

Meanwhile, stay well everyone . . . hopefully 2021 will be  a much better year! 🙏

• Like 4