4-16-20 Thursday Weigh-In....Next Cruise Should Be Thinner.

Belle

Diana, it's so nice to have a garden.  I stopped a few years ago since we are always gone during the summer during some of the harvest time and it just seemed like too much work when I have lots of great local farm markets to support.  

My MIL has similar thoughts to yours of still staying home even once things open.  We likely will too since school has stopped so I won't need to go out much beyond groceries still.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, pacruise804 said:

Dragon Noodles are an easy dish I found years ago credited to Budget Bytes (and usually search for the recipe there but almost have it memorized).  It's noodles topped with eggs scrambled in butter (like for fried rice), crushed red pepper flake, and a sweet/spicy sauce of brown sugar, soy sauce, and siracha.  The whole thing is garnished with green peppers/scallions and cilantro, but we skip the cilantro.  DS doesn't like spicy, so we skip the sauce for him and just top his with the buttery egg mixture.

Thanks! Sounds easy and yummy. Have you tried adding chicken to it (kind of like a stir fry), or do you think it would be better to cook it separately? My kids are pretty picky about spice too, so we would pull out their portions first and sauce the rest for me and DH as well. I would burn everybody's taste buds off if the spice level was left up to me! 🥵

Tonight is supposed to be pretty stormy with up to 2" hail, so I don't think hubby will be grilling chicken. We'll probably just bake it. I have some squash that's starting to turn, so I'll saute it with some cherry tomatoes too. It's arm day, so hopefully I'll be able to hold the spatula tonight. Otherwise DH will be making dinner all by himself! 😆

I haven't added any meat to it (sometimes it's nice to have a meatless or mostly meatless meal), but I think you could add some pre-cooked diced meat/protein to it - shrimp would probably go really well or tofu (not a tofu eater here).

I really miss lifting - need to figure something out here at home even if it is just the little weights.