Phone calls from Tui.

Has anybody recently received a phone call from Tui ?  I have seen lots of posts from people who haven,t, me included ,but has anyone actually heard from them?  Also, if you are dealing with a Tui shop  surely they can,t have as many calls to make and should be processing them quicker.

25 minutes ago, solostar said:

Has anybody recently received a phone call from Tui ?  I have seen lots of posts from people who haven,t, me included ,but has anyone actually heard from them?  Also, if you are dealing with a Tui shop  surely they can,t have as many calls to make and should be processing them quicker.

No phone calls and we go on holiday Tuesday, or should be. Try phoning them and you end in a loop before cutting you off. Absolute rubbish.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, zap99 said:

Also, if you are dealing with a Tui shop  surely they can,t have as many calls to make and should be processing them quicker.

It's difficult to assess the situation.

There are a lot of variables in this scenario - for example how many shop staff have been retained to work from home for starters ?

Then there is the administrative detail depending on how individual customers react to the options on offer - this can be time consuming and difficult if clients opt to change a cruise/holiday, or dispute and challenge the refund policy etc.

Shops are not only dealing with cruises - there are package holidays with TUI and First Choice, flight only bookings with TUI, accommodation only reservations through TUI, and flight issues with third party airlines where these are used as carriers for TUI/First Choice packages.

There are also other TUI peripheral brand reservations and deals with external cruise lines etc. where the shop has made the booking acting as an approved travel agent

I'm not defending TUI by any means, simply highlighting the practical obstacles to be overcome.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

My local TUI shop was closed last Friday. Do any TUI shops have staff in them are they working from home or furloughed? Apparently TUI have furloughed 11,000 UK staff.

I booked 2 cruises in that shop, one for October and one for next January, both with P&O. The deposits were £70 and £80 so i will cancel or maybe not bother even trying to contact them to cancel. The first final payment is due in June, I have a mind to do nothing!

Edited by davecttr

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Dave was that just the first installment on the deposit it appears very low, when you do that with Tui you still have to pay the deposit balance normally £500.

They were the full deposits!. The cruises only cost £1408 and £1601. Azura 12 night inside and Iona 14 night inside. Spain and Canaries from Southampton

On 4/20/2020 at 9:47 AM, davecttr said:

My local TUI shop was closed last Friday. Do any TUI shops have staff in them are they working from home or furloughed? Apparently TUI have furloughed 11,000 UK staff.

There is a flagged up screenshot on another thread - TUI have retained 2,000 staff.

They have not indicated what percentage are based at head office, or working from home.

Although it would reasonable and desireable to expect that staff from the shop where you booked would make contact - that may be an assumption too far ?

There has been nobody (visible at least) in our local store when I've walked recently - they have a secure back office, however I doubt there is any need for them to be physically present there.

• Like 1

We had a River cruise booked for 31st May, TUI called on Monday asking whether I wanted refund voucher or cash refund, I asked for cash refund which was refunded on Wednesday but minus my initial deposit of £375, I have spent nearly all day on and off trying to get through but to no avail, finally got connected at17:30 then at 19:35 message says sorry we close at 19:00 so for 35 mins I am on hold but they have closed ???

2 hours ago, Margaret Rees said:

Triggerdroitwich that is very interesting .We had a river cruise booked for May 11 and have heard nothing ! May I ask did you book on line or through a TA ? Thanks .

Hi Margaret, we booked online, also paid the extra for regional flight, so flying with Lufthansa rather than BA.

8 minutes ago, Margaret Rees said:

Thanks Trigger would you be able to look back and see what number called you and let me know please ? We are getting sooo frustrated here trying to get thru . Thanks 

Hi I called 0800 009 3836, but I have just got through on 020 3451 2688, regarding my deposit which was also the number they called me on originally.

An update ! Have been trying almost continuously all day without success . Then sitting there with all the paperwork in front of us got a call from TUI  !! We asked for a refund and apparently it will be back on credit card within 28 days ! We shall see but at least they have finally reached out to us .

I managed to get through on 22nd March....day of original cruise. I got a refund for the cruise and shore excursions last week (24th April) on the separate cards I’d paid on and the outstanding deposit they owed me I received today (1st May). It took a while but they are getting there. It’s a difficult situation and it’s not only TUI who are taking a while to sort out the refunds (see other forums). I’m sure everyone will receive their refunds eventually but it’s understandably a worrying time. Hope this answer helps. Stay safe and well everyone . 
Olwen 😊🛳