Amsterdam

What time does the ship dock?  That is one of those times that cuts it very close;  If you can get off starting at 7a.m maybe but an earlier time, probably.  I would look for luggage storage and take the five thirty. I would have a cab/ car waiting if you chance it, but my advice is no. 

Edited by bearette

15 hours ago, Cruzin Carol said:

Anyone know if it would be safe to have a 9:50 flight if I do walk off? The next direct flight is not until 5:30 PM.

If your flight is an intercontental one, check in time is 3 hours. If in Europe: 2 hours.

My guess is that you will not make it in time, because an arrival time of f.e. 7 AM and 2 hrs check in time will give you 50 minutes to walk off, collect your luggage etc. looking for and entering your cab and about 30 minutes drive to the airport, short walk to check-in counters etc.....  I agree with all above: take the later flight.  Put your luggage in a locker at the Central Station and enjoy the morning in Amsterdam and travel at ease by train from the central station to the airport in about 17 minutes. 

Thanks everyone.  I will either take the later one or spend the night and take the early one the next morning.  I’m spending 3 nights prior so was trying to avoid staying another night.  That’s all assuming we care cruising again in August!

Edited by Cruzin Carol

16 hours ago, Cruzin Carol said:

Anyone know if it would be safe to have a 9:50 flight if I do walk off? The next direct flight is not until 5:30 PM.

This is from 2007, so it may not apply now.

We had a great airfare price on an internet special, but our flight back was at 9 AM. Both Princess and our TA said that was way too early, so we booked the return flight the next day and spent a day in Amsterdam.

When we got the papers to see which color we needed for disembarking, my DW noticed that there was one category for Continental (the airline we were using) flights at 9 AM. I then looked, and not only was she right, but there was also a category for flights before 9 AM.

• 1 month later...