If you used a FCC on a cancelled sailing. Update

This is great news.

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

• Like 2

If I used a fcc to pay for my cruise in January and then like today got a royal up to a balcony, can I use the left over fcc to pay for the royal up?

I hope it doesnt get cancelled, let's hope we dont have to then wrap into new fcc, just goes back on original fcc. I'm still confused on fccs

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

If I used a fcc to pay for my cruise in January and then like today got a royal up to a balcony, can I use the left over fcc to pay for the royal up?

I hope it doesnt get cancelled, let's hope we dont have to then wrap into new fcc, just goes back on original fcc. I'm still confused on fccs

You cannot use a FCC to pay for a Royal Up

I also found out -- at least with Costco -- my FCC cannot be used for the deposit.

I have been on the phone with them booking a cruise, we finally get everything set up and he asks for my credit card to pay the deposit.

What?

44 minutes ago, xcell said:

I also found out -- at least with Costco -- my FCC cannot be used for the deposit.

I have been on the phone with them booking a cruise, we finally get everything set up and he asks for my credit card to pay the deposit.

What?

It depends.

How it works is that if you have paid a deposit then the deposit will not be refunded however you van apply the deposit to port taxes and fees, prepaid gratuities, insurance and transfers.  This will effectively use up the deposit so that more FCC can be applied.

You can also now create a booking and place it on hold until May 31 with no deposit while you wait for your FCC.  When the FCC arrives all you have to pay is the port fees and taxes provided there was enough FCC to cover the balance. 

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends.

How it works is that if you have paid a deposit then the deposit will not be refunded however you van apply the deposit to port taxes and fees, prepaid gratuities, insurance and transfers.  This will effectively use up the deposit so that more FCC can be applied.

You can also now create a booking and place it on hold until May 31 with no deposit while you wait for your FCC.  When the FCC arrives all you have to pay is the port fees and taxes provided there was enough FCC to cover the balance. 

Really, now that is a bummer, I was assuming part of the deposit would be refunded when fcc applied, these fcc are worse and worse deals.

I'm back to where I'm thinking a refund is the better option. ..

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm back to where I'm thinking a refund is the better option. .

It was the better option a month ago when RCI allowed refunds at all. For context, Virgin Voyages is giving the option of 200% FCC for cancelled sailings, I would still opt for cash then.

Edited by Biker19

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Really, now that is a bummer, I was assuming part of the deposit would be refunded when fcc applied, these fcc are worse and worse deals.

I'm back to where I'm thinking a refund is the better option. ..

I took the FCC for our April one but taking a refund (I hope) for the May one.  Next up end of August

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

So, does this only apply going forward?  I had a cruise cancelled by Royal that had FCC on it.  When they issued the FCCs one was in the amount of the original FCC expiring on the original date November 2020 and the other was the 125% amount of the balance paid that expires 12/31/21.  With all these cancellations it’s getting harder and harder to spend that one that expires in November of 2020. 

Edited by RosieRoo

24 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

So, does this only apply going forward?  I had a cruise cancelled by Royal that had FCC on it.  When they issued the FCCs one was in the amount of the original FCC expiring on the original date November 2020 and the other was the 125% amount of the balance paid that expires 12/31/21.  With all these cancellations it’s getting harder and harder to spend that one that expires in November of 2020. 

Yes, I believe that it is only on going forward cruises.  You could call and ask if they would adjust yours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It was the better option a month ago when RCI allowed refunds at all. For context, Virgin Voyages is giving the option of 200% FCC for cancelled sailings, I would still opt for cash then.

Rcl keeps moving the goalposts is my issue. First I added up the bookings to plan cruises that would use up the fccs, then I was told probably cant stack the two remaining to pay off the final cruise. Then they say cant apply fcc to deposit, .. final straw. It's obviously to make me pay more out of pocket, but now it takes more cruises to use up fcc. 

That was my final straw, the obvious ploy and now my carefully crafted plans dont work. If they allowed you to take left over fcc as obc I might even not request the refund on 2nd fcc now I cant use. 

Personally I’d call if you want a refund.  I used the crown and anchor number and got right thru.  YMMV.  Although I did not get anything but a verbal confirmation from the agent I spoke to I feel like I did my part in asking  for refund and she was able to tell me the correct amount I am to be refunded.  As to wether I’ll ever get it or not remains to be seen.

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is great news.

This is what I was told the other day in a letter from the Executive office.  FCC used to book a cancelled cruise will be good till December 31, 2021.  I don't know if we will get 100% or 125% so hopefully I'll find that out once I get our FCC in writing.  i'm just happy they extended the date till December 2021, not October 2020.

Ourusualbeach, thanks for all your advice and info. I am very appreciative!

Elise

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

This is what I was told the other day in a letter from the Executive office.  FCC used to book a cancelled cruise will be good till December 31, 2021.  I don't know if we will get 100% or 125% so hopefully I'll find that out once I get our FCC in writing.  i'm just happy they extended the date till December 2021, not October 2020.

Ourusualbeach, thanks for all your advice and info. I am very appreciative!

Elise

The original FCC will be 100%, any additional monies paid will be 125%.  

• Like 1