Delta for the win, again!

waterbug123

The latest update from Delta regarding change fee waivers....they have extended the exceptions already announced both in terms of how long you have to reschedule travel as well as extended the flight dates that are eligible for fee-free changes.  Delta has been the leader is such announcements, but as happened recently I would expect United to follow suit very shortly, and American to reluctantly follow some time after that.

From Delta, yesterday:

"...Since the last update, change fee waivers have been extended to allow travel through Sept. 30, 2022, for customers who have upcoming travel booked as of today through Sept. 30, 2020, or have canceled travel from flights in March through Sept. 30, 2020."

• Thanks 1

Seems like I have been getting almost weekly emails from Delta during this whole thing keeping me/us updated on what they are doing. AA, UA, Hilton, Mariott etc etc etc not so much.  Not that it really matters, just one persons random observations. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

Seems like I have been getting almost weekly emails from Delta during this whole thing keeping me/us updated on what they are doing. AA, UA, Hilton, Mariott etc etc etc not so much.  Not that it really matters, just one persons random observations. 

Delta has been communicating with their customers very well.  Reading news about how businesses ought to respond to this crisis to their employees and customers is "keep in touch with them".  Delta is doing so.

I booked flights several months ago from CVG to FRA in late May for a river cruise and some pre/post travel. The flights were on Delta metal but I bought the tickets from Air France to save about $200/ticket. Now I wish I hadn’t been so thrifty... AF is not being nearly as generous as DL with the rebooking window or refunds. Ugh. Live and learn. 

11 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

I booked flights several months ago from CVG to FRA in late May for a river cruise and some pre/post travel. The flights were on Delta metal but I bought the tickets from Air France to save about $200/ticket. Now I wish I hadn’t been so thrifty... AF is not being nearly as generous as DL with the rebooking window or refunds. Ugh. Live and learn. 

m - please do not beat yourself up, let us do it! LOL

But putting all kidding aside, for the moment at least, did you cancel or did AF as this can make a difference as to refunds unless you have secured it already?

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 1

Well currently I am waiting it out. They have not canceled the flight yet so I am waiting to see if they will (I think the odds are in my favor on that one). If they cancel the terms are a little better but you still have to wait one full year for a refund apparently. They issue travel credit and if it is not used within 12 months then they will refund, if they cancel the flight. If I cancel no refund and a very limited rebooking window. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mhb1757 said:

Well currently I am waiting it out. They have not canceled the flight yet so I am waiting to see if they will (I think the odds are in my favor on that one). If they cancel the terms are a little better but you still have to wait one full year for a refund apparently. They issue travel credit and if it is not used within 12 months then they will refund, if they cancel the flight. If I cancel no refund and a very limited rebooking window. 

Who isn't offering your cash for a year? Delta?