Final payment upcoming

Hawg11

So my final payment date is upcoming on May 18th. Things will probably still be up in the air at that point and I'm not sure if I'm willing to cruise yet 3 months ahead of our departure.

I don't want to pay and get a refund in FCC and I don't necessarily want to cancel all together.

Can someone please tell me my options and if it may be possible to get the final payment date pushed back.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hawg11 said:

Can someone please tell me my options and if it may be possible to get the final payment date pushed back.

FCC - not likely. A lot of things can happen between now and final payment - wait for info.

It would help people tell you your options if you said when your cruise is. 
Well I said final payment was May 18th, I figured final payment was always due 3 months ahead.

My cruise is August 16

38 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

Well I said final payment was May 18th, I figured final payment was always due 3 months ahead.

My cruise is August 16

I'm more familiar with carnival, where I know shorter cruises are due 60 days out. 

You also could have pushed the final payment out, which I think is a option to push it to may 31.

Most people are finding with this 30 day rolling cancellation they have to make final payment before rcl cancels ... usually you have to make final payment and wait for rcl to cancel or cancel it yourself and take the 100% fcc.

I have final payment coming in June for a short Mariner cruise (August) in a balcony.  If prices don't come down I will probably downgrade to an interior and hope that balcony prices come down after final which I think they will.  If we didn't have the $18 drink package on it I would cancel outright and roll the dice .  Assuming ships will be sailing then which is probably doubtful

• Like 3

You can move the booking right now to another sailing...........called  "Cruise with Confidence"  for up to September 1st sailings and the $100 per person change fee is waived. So feel free to look for another sailing in 2021 or 2022...........You also keep the same reservation number when making this switch. Your downpayment can be applied to the new cruise date that you already paid on August cruise. You will then get a new final payment date 90 days before the new cruise date you pick.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, xcell said:

Options #1 Pay and get FCC

Option #2 Cancel and get refunded (possibly minus the deposit, if you had a nonrefundable deposit)

If you pay final payment and the cruise line cancels you get the option for a full refund or  FCC

If you cancel a NRD you get the deposit back as a FCC less a $100 pp fee.  

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you pay final payment and the cruise line cancels you get the option for a full refund or  FCC

If you cancel a NRD you get the deposit back as a FCC less a $100 pp fee.  

Isn't the 100/pp fee waived under CWC policy?