Good Pricing on Equinox Suites - 2021 Dates

crusinthrough

Thanks to those who shared info about codes.  I guess I need to check Celebrity's site more frequently.  Two of my five cancelled cruises are still showing in my cruise planner.  Gotta love Celebrity's IT department.

I noticed when looking at 2021 cruises that they are charging what I think are higher deposits for 2021 cruises.  They wanted $450 to reserve a CC cabin.  Normally, that amount will reserve a suite.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If they would just give me back my $900 for my cancelled suites, I could proceed, but I'm not going to give them another $900.  They're currently sitting on a ton of my money.

@wrk2cruise, I think you're correct that they're making up the rules as they go along.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Well TA got the promo applied but Celebrity (agent + supervisor) is claiming that the book onboard OBC is not combinable.  So they have dropped the $200 book onboard and given me the $300 for LOOKBEYONDOBC.  

The book onboard flyer clearly states that it's combinable with 1 other offer and the T&C for the LOOKBEYONDOBC promo says nothing about other offers.   How do they make up the rules as they go along?  Now if they just said new bookings only I'd have no argument.

Did you keep the senior discount?  This would be considered 1 other offer.   For my reservation booked on April 11, I have the military discount plus the $300 LOOKBEYONDOBC.  I booked a suite so also have the 4 perks.

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks to those who shared info about codes.  I guess I need to check Celebrity's site more frequently.  Two of my five cancelled cruises are still showing in my cruise planner.  Gotta love Celebrity's IT department.

I noticed when looking at 2021 cruises that they are charging what I think are higher deposits for 2021 cruises.  They wanted $450 to reserve a CC cabin.  Normally, that amount will reserve a suite.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If they would just give me back my $900 for my cancelled suites, I could proceed, but I'm not going to give them another $900.  They're currently sitting on a ton of my money.

@wrk2cruise, I think you're correct that they're making up the rules as they go along.

On April 11, I booked a S1(double occupancy) for 2021.  The refundable deposit was $500 total.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Well TA got the promo applied but Celebrity (agent + supervisor) is claiming that the book onboard OBC is not combinable.  So they have dropped the $200 book onboard and given me the $300 for LOOKBEYONDOBC.  

The book onboard flyer clearly states that it's combinable with 1 other offer and the T&C for the LOOKBEYONDOBC promo says nothing about other offers.   How do they make up the rules as they go along?  Now if they just said new bookings only I'd have no argument.

Glad to hear you were able to come out ahead.

Don't think I will even try to apply.  I fear losing something else and I would be okay with losing the book on board since this is more but not okay to replace or lose anything else.

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

They wanted $450 to reserve a CC cabin.

Linda was it a longer cruise?  I believe it is $250 up to 9 days and $450 for longer ones.  We usually book longer cruises and it's always $450 pp.

Nope. Couldn't get the LOOKBEYOND applied. But I suspect that would have made my savings a lot less. TA did the repricing, so I only know that we saved over $1100 per person for Aug. 15, '21. Wow. I hope we actually get to go on that one. I suspect we won't make it for our Sept. and Dec. cruises this year, as they will probably be "suspended".

These prices are fantastic.

I have also seen 7 day cruises, inside cabin for $200 or less on another line.

I am waiting for:

1.  When cruising will start up.

2.  What cruising looks like.

For my July cruise that I cancelled you can purchase a suite for half of the price that I payed for a balcony.  I don't think that the cruise will go.

For your 2021 I would expect them to be a go.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 4/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

How did you get these codes?  I never receive any communications from the Captain's Club any more.  Used to get a newsletter once in a while.

Mine came as an email today

On 4/18/2020 at 11:02 PM, crusinthrough said:

I've been monitoring prices on a few Caribbean 2021 cruises since cancellations began in March.  There were no changes until the other day.  I noticed price drops on 2021 Edge, Apex and Equinox suites but the Equinox has the best deals. 

• Refundable Deposit
  • All 4 perks 

Equinox - 6 Night Bahamas, Grand Cayman and Mexico cruise 

May 23rd 

• S2 - $1849 / $308 per night (pre tax) 

Equinox - 8 Night - Eastern Caribbean and the Bahamas 

May 29th 

• S2 - $2409 /  $301 per night (pre tax) 
  • S1 only $180 pp more.  Usually averages about $300 pp more. 

Equinox - 12 Night Ultimate Southern 

August 15th, Sept 5th and Sept 26th 

• S2 - $3619 / $302 per night (pre tax) 

Quick question c - what is considered a 'good or great' price on a suite?

We have yet to sail in one and am curious, as there have been very few recent discussions on this.

I usually use a 'total' $ threshold on determining my 'good/great' price...

TIA and bon voyage

My gauge for years has been $200 pp/pd before taxes without perks for a Sky Suite was a good price.  It's hard to find these days as generally you can't get pricing without perks unless you can find resident or senior discount.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Quick question c - what is considered a 'good or great' price on a suite?

We have yet to sail in one and am curious, as there have been very few recent discussions on this.

I usually use a 'total' $ threshold on determining my 'good/great' price...

TIA and bon voyage

I have a few cruises that I am watching on the Equinox, Edge and Apex in 2021 and 2022.  The before taxes,  per person,  for a S2 is between $350 and $460 with 4 perks. 

I am usually interested when pricing hits around $300 pp with 4 perks on a S Class or Edge ship.  I was fortunate and found a 2021 5 night on Apex for $240 pp with all 4 perks.  

Prices drop after final payment so you may find suites less than $300 when this happens. 

2 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I have a few cruises that I am watching on the Equinox, Edge and Apex in 2021 and 2022.  The before taxes,  per person,  for a S2 is between $350 and $460 with 4 perks. 

I am usually interested when pricing hits around $300 pp with 4 perks on a S Class or Edge ship.  I was fortunate and found a 2021 5 night on Apex for $240 pp with all 4 perks.  

Prices drop after final payment so you may find suites less than $300 when this happens. 

Thank you for the breakdown, I Am most interested in what to consider or target for a Mediterranean sailing in 2021....

Bon voyage 

On 4/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

We recently booked for 2021 a S1 7 day for $265pp before taxes with all 4 perks(premium drink package, GRATS, internet, and $300 obc) plus another $300 obc.  It seems like a decent deal.  We booked directly.

What date and to where?