Refund and excursions

golfer1903

22 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Do the excursions get refunded same time as the cruises or are they different times ?

My experience is that pre-purchases items (excursions, dinners, beverage cards, etc.) are refunded separately and usually processed faster than the refunds.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

My experience is that pre-purchases items (excursions, dinners, beverage cards, etc.) are refunded separately and usually processed faster than the refunds.

I canceled excursions, Internet, drink packages on March 2. Have not heard or seen anything from HAL  

• Like 1

I cancelled an Alaska excursion  I booked for my July 11 Eurodam cruise (which I was told is now cancelled) 3 weeks ago and was told by HAL shore ex that I will be refunded in 30-60 days.

Karen

In the days before this pandemic the pre-purchases were refunded quicker than they are now with everything backed up.  In mid-March when we knew our early April cruise had no way of happening (but before HAL canceled it) I canceled all our shore excursions and got refunds within a day or two. On the other hand we're still waiting for our port fees and taxes to be refunded. 

We had our Hawaii cruise canceled by HAL at the end of March and emails within a few days canceling excursions but nothing on the credit card yet. Nothing at all about other on-board spending/orders. I'll be patient for a while longer. 

12 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Even though we don't have any current cruises being cancelled, in the past when we did have to cancel a cruise, our pre-booked specialty restaurants and excursions were cancelled right away and saw that money on my credit card right away.

That was our experience in the past also. But it is not our experience now. We cancelled all excursions, specialty dinners, etc. a month ago - we received emails for each item, but no refund to our credit card. In fact, when I didn't get refunds for these extra items, it alerted me to the fact that HAL was experiencing problems. That is when I went ahead and cancelled the entire cruise. No one from HAL warned me that I wouldn't get my money back right away, but when I cancelled the entire cruise, my TA said it would be about 60 days. So I assume the same delay applied to the extra items as well.

34 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

That was our experience in the past also. But it is not our experience now. We cancelled all excursions, specialty dinners, etc. a month ago - we received emails for each item, but no refund to our credit card. In fact, when I didn't get refunds for these extra items, it alerted me to the fact that HAL was experiencing problems. That is when I went ahead and cancelled the entire cruise. No one from HAL warned me that I wouldn't get my money back right away, but when I cancelled the entire cruise, my TA said it would be about 60 days. So I assume the same delay applied to the extra items as well.

Ditto to all of the above, almost the exact same dates. The HAL agent I talked to at that time (about the cruise, I cancelled the rest online) said it would be "14 days".... If you look at all the refund responses here, it appears that cancellations before about March 15th were handled relatively promptly, then anything after that is in the "twilight zone".