Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

1 hour ago, BarbinMich said:

I love puffins!  Thanks for all your photos!!  We saw them on a stop at the Faeroe Islands.

53 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I LOVE your awesome puffin photos!

Thanks they are really funny to watch and cute to photograph .

16 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

They have the colors during mating season and their beaks turn dark out of season .

Kind of like me. I used to have hair during the mating season but have been "mated" for so long I no longer need the hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, those of us who left in Southampton and flew back to the US have been back at work for three days now. Finally over jet lag, but it seems such a blur ... one day runs into another.

10 hours ago, bstrauss3 said:

Well, those of us who left in Southampton and flew back to the US have been back at work for three days now. Finally over jet lag, but it seems such a blur ... one day runs into another.

It also felt that way on the ship's crossing with no ports but 5 or 6 time changes .

16 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

They have the colors during mating season and their beaks turn dark out of season .

I was watching Star Wars last night;  in one of the final scenes; Ren visits Luke Skywalker on an island;  and guess what; yup those birds were on the island.  There were two of them in the scene

Edited by AF-1

18 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Some photos from the Port of Cobh yesterday

. . .

Again, your photos bring back lots of pleasant memories.  Once we walked up all those stairs to reach the neighborhood above the terminal and eventually passed those house you show--kinda like San Francisco.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I was watching Star Wars last night;  in one of the final scenes; Ren visits Luke Skywalker on an island;  and guess what; yup those birds were on the island.  There were two of them in the scene

Cool , which Star Wars movie was it ?

56 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

. . .

Again, your photos bring back lots of pleasant memories.  Once we walked up all those stairs to reach the neighborhood above the terminal and eventually passed those house you show--kinda like San Francisco.

Unfortunately my wife was watching the houses while walking and stepped into a hole twisting her ankle .

Before our walk around the port we met a guide who took us around the Ring of Kerry on a quick tour with only a couple of stops for photos .

IMG_1999-Copy.jpg

IMG_1988-Copy.jpg

IMG_1985-001_zpseabe1ece.jpg

We stopped at Sneem outside of Dan Murphy's Bar .

IMG_2065-Copy.jpg

The words on the placard were words from the song The stone outside Dan Murphy's door .

The Stone Outside Dan Murphy's Door
There's a sweet garden spot in our memory
It's the place we were born and reared
It's long years ago since we left it
But return there we will if we're spared
Our friends and companions of childhood
Would aemble each night near a score
Round Dan Murphy's shop and how often we sat
On the stone outside Dan Murphy's door
Those days in our hearts we will cherish
Contented although we were poor
And the songs that we sung in the days we were young
On the stone outside Dan Murphy's door
When our day's work was over we'd meet there
In the winter or spring just the same
Then the boys and the girls all together
Would join in some innocent game
Dan Murphy would take down his fiddle
While his daughter looked after the store
The music did ring and sweet songs we would

Source: Musixmatch

We got to Dublin about noon so we ate lunch before leaving the ship and meeting our guide .We wanted to see The Cliffs of Moher some 3 hours drive each way . The guide suggested that we take a couple of different routes to see different scenery . When we arrived it was very windy and it as my turn for a slip in fall - in the mud . We loved seeing the cliff and the tower on top .

IMG_1776_zps3b8fc167.jpg

We returned back on a more Southern route with a detour to the pretty town of Kilkenny  .

IMG_2251-Copy.jpg

After some shopping we walked down the river toward a castle .

IMG_2245-Copy.jpg

We stopped at Tynan's Bridge House Bar for a pub dining experience . With the arrival of some proper pub grub we were in our comfort zone .

DSC03529_zpsullqx4vi.jpg

Steak and Ale Pie

DSC03530_zpstrzdh66e.jpg

Round 2

DSC03526_zpsyywojudv.jpg

And for my Irish lass

DSC03527_zpsg814pw6l.jpg

Cheers from Ireland !

DSC03528_zps9wkbdpjp.jpg

• Like 1

Finally some place I can reply on. My mom took a cruise on the original Island princess. We sailed from Southampton to Rome. We stopped in Lisbon. We did the walking tour with a reward of the walk was a stop at the port institute. We loved it. I have sent many people there. Good friends of mine who loved port said why didn't we know about that place. They went last summer brought me a bottle back.

20 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

. . .

Unfortunately my wife was watching the houses while walking and stepped into a hole twisting her ankle .

Oh no!  I remember twisting my ankle at a port on one of our cruises.  It's a real bummer!

5 hours ago, Charlesr07021966 said:

Finally some place I can reply on. My mom took a cruise on the original Island princess. We sailed from Southampton to Rome. We stopped in Lisbon. We did the walking tour with a reward of the walk was a stop at the port institute. We loved it. I have sent many people there. Good friends of mine who loved port said why didn't we know about that place. They went last summer brought me a bottle back.

Thanks for sharing this about the Port Institute . Maybe next time .

Has anyone really tried it yet? I mean, if you want to have a full experience you will have to purchase those digital glases which cost a lot and also you will need a good video card and a powerful computer. Otherwise it will be no more than just pictures in a medium quality resolution 

In Belfast we hired a driver to take us to the North coast . The first stop was The Giant's Causeway .

IMG_1409800x533.jpg

IMG_1445800x533.jpg

IMG_1407800x532.jpg

We saw some similar columns of Basalt last year at Vik . Iceland .

IMG_6404%202_zpsbczhevkb.jpg

IMG_6416%202_zpsedr4fcvz.jpg

We next stopped at White Park Bay

IMG_1552-Copy800x533.jpg

The last stop of the tour was at the Carrick-a-Rede foot bridge . It was pretty long walk to get to the bridge . We took the last 2 photos after crossing the bridge to Bride Island . Facing away from the  bridge was a couple of sea caves .

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg