Are there beaches in Ensenada?

ladychater

I have my doubts that it will actually happen, but I'm sailing on the Carnival Miracle to Ensenada and Catalinain October.  I'm wondering, is there a beach in Ensenada that anyone could recommend?  Is it the kind of place where one goes to a beach?  The boyfriend and I aren't terribly interested in any of the excursions and would love to just take a dip in the ocean and have a drink in the sand if that's an option.

Thanks!

If you don't mind going to a local's beach, there is a spot not too far from the cruise port called Playa Hermosa that is actually quite nice when the weather is good.   

You can also find some good food at several restaurants on the opposite side of the road from the beach.  I like Muelle 84 (Pier 84) for casual Japanese/sushi: https://www.google.com/maps/@31.8364431,-116.610076,3a,60y,109.13h,81.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siwTvEUrTRmNatyaMQwanSA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, scottca075 said:

If there is an "excursion" to Rosarito Beach for either the hotel or Hussong's, take it.

Are you referring to Papas and Beer rather than Hussong's?  Hussong's is an easy walk from the ship in Ensenada.  I would agree that the Papas and Beer in Rosarito is far superior having beach access as compared to the location in downtown Ensenada. 

25 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

Are you referring to Papas and Beer rather than Hussong's?  Hussong's is an easy walk from the ship in Ensenada.  I would agree that the Papas and Beer in Rosarito is far superior having beach access as compared to the location in downtown Ensenada. 

Yes, Papas & Beer is what I meant as I typed Hussong;s 🙂

• 2 months later...