Celebrity Cruises - where are our ships?

EnthDegree

24 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

When Infinity was north of Somalia heading towards India, for a few days cruisemapper.com was showing the destination as "Armed Guards Onboard"

Great idea, I'm sure the Somalians use those apps!

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:51 PM, BigAl94 said:

Connie is now showing destination Piraeus, due 30 June

I have been watching her and it appears she is cruising off the coast of Greece and coming into port to refuel and reprovision.

• 2 weeks later...

I live south of San Diego in Imperial Beach and have been watching the cruise ships wait at anchor till things get going again,   Here is a photo of the Eclipse at sunset a few days ago.   Can't wait for these ships to get started cruising again!

Cruise-Sunset.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

How about they tender us out there and let us use it as a hotel for a few nights! That will tide me over for a little bit 🙂

I'm afraid you'd have to stay for a couple weeks at a minimum.  You know... isolation and all.  I hope that would be ok 😉

On 7/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I live south of San Diego in Imperial Beach and have been watching the cruise ships wait at anchor till things get going again,   Here is a photo of the Eclipse at sunset a few days ago.   Can't wait for these ships to get started cruising again!

Cruise-Sunset.jpg

Beautiful!

We never sailed on the Eclipse..hopefully someday if she comes to the east coast of U.S.

Anyone have updates on Connie location and plans?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

Beautiful!

We never sailed on the Eclipse..hopefully someday if she comes to the east coast of U.S.

Anyone have updates on Connie location and plans?

Both Connie and Infinity are anchored off the Greek coast taking occasional runs in to Piraeus to resupply

On 7/11/2020 at 3:05 PM, groryjm said:

Both Connie and Infinity are anchored off the Greek coast taking occasional runs in to Piraeus to resupply

Should one worry that while AIS shows Infinity heading to Mytilini (unusual destination), that's only 30 miles north of the Aliaga ship breaking yard?

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Should one worry that while AIS shows Infinity heading to Mytilini (unusual destination), that's only 30 miles north of the Aliaga ship breaking yard?

prehaps they are dropping off crew or maybe even picking up new crew. Many of the crew do live on and around these Greek islands and the ships still need to turnover crew even with out passengers on board. Last week Edge recieved a number of new crew in Miame

2 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Many of the crew do live on and around these Greek islands and the ships still need to turnover crew even with out passengers on board.

That's a very out of a way place for a crew change - Piraeus would make much more sense.

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

prehaps they are dropping off crew or maybe even picking up new crew.

You may have been sorta right - she seems to be meeting up with Pullmantur Monarch, before the latter is supposed to go to a ship graveyard.

Edited by Biker19

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There are several ships going to be in Aliaga, so expect the Infinity to be on and off in that area for awhile. The Infinity is likely the designated ship to pick up the remaining skeleton crew including the ship officers for the ships that will be broken up as a result of the pandemic.

Connie is on the way to an area off Aliaga to meet up with Sovereign,  I assume a repeat of the Monarch/Infinity rendezvous of last week. The highest tide in the area (the timing likely when Monarch and Sovereign will be driven onto the beach at Aliaga) is Wed.

Edited by Biker19

There was a thread not that long ago with a sattelite images of these cruisers just being gathered in the middle of the ocean. I gues most of them are still in the ocean. I wonder how many of them have returned back to ports.. but I am sure that not many. Usually it takes awhile to book the place and bring the ship there 

There are currently two Carnival ships crossing the atlantic with  Port of İzmir as thier destination, the Fantasy (1990) and the Inspiration (1996). I imagine they are both heading to Aliağa as well.

• 2 weeks later...