Amplified Freedom Video!

Hey everyone! Hopefully this will catch you at a good time and help fill the void of missing cruises. We just posted our vacation video from the first (and at the moment, only) sailing on the new Amplified Freedom of the Seas! Such a blast! Enjoy! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Love the reverse motion video.  I remember seeing a BTS video somewhere (maybe in the last video or from Rick?) about making the reverse shot coming out of the pool, catching the shades, and getting a drink.  Seems like it took a lot of planning to act backwards, although some of that may have been alcohol related.

5 hours ago, Mkripke said:

Just watched it and loved it, like all the others. Makes me even more excited to get back out there.

Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Another cool one. However, Harmony is still my favorite!

Thanks!
Yeah, Harmony is a good one!

2 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Yall look FUN!!!  I wish I had friends that not only liked that kind of fun but can also afford it.  LOL! 

Haha! That was our issue for a while, then we started just meeting cruisers that cruised the way we do!

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Another Chase masterpiece. Great job as always.

Hey, thanks so much!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love the reverse motion video.  I remember seeing a BTS video somewhere (maybe in the last video or from Rick?) about making the reverse shot coming out of the pool, catching the shades, and getting a drink.  Seems like it took a lot of planning to act backwards, although some of that may have been alcohol related.

Haha, I assure you, I knew how to do it, but getting everyone else to just do it instead of understand it was tough, haha. It really only took 3 takes, but trying to explain it was hard. And, yes, there were drinks involved.
I believe Rick was periscoping while we were doing this.

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great looking professional video. Very well done. Cheers!

Thanks so much!

4 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

I always look forward to your videos...awesome job!  I was following you along via CLR's Periscopes and IG posts for all 7 nights...make that 9 night SB2020 cruise. 

Awesome! Well, thanks for following along! If was definitely a different one, with the uncertainty growing daily! Glad it happened, but glad we got home.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious what camera's you were using and I thought you could not bring drones on the cruise ship, how did you handle that portion? Again as a professional cameraman myself, well done!

Mostly shot with a 1DX and some GoPro. I have a Mavic 2 that folds small, so I never had an issue getting it on before, but now they allow drones, with the obvious stipulation that it is for port use only. I want to say Carnival started allowing them first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chasep17 said:

Haha, I assure you, I knew how to do it, but getting everyone else to just do it instead of understand it was tough, haha. It really only took 3 takes, but trying to explain it was hard. And, yes, there were drinks involved.

Just tell them to do what they're told. They don't have to understand it.😉

1 hour ago, Chasep17 said:

I believe Rick was periscoping while we were doing this.

Another fabulous job. I was watching Rick's periscope trying to get everything in order! Hilarious. He seems less interested in the planning ......

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Another fabulous job. I was watching Rick's periscope trying to get everything in order! Hilarious. He seems less interested in the planning ......

mac_tlc

Haha, we all have our roles we play! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just tell them to do what they're told. They don't have to understand it.😉

I know! Haha, Travis and I have a pretty funny memory from the backwards pool shot, and us telling each other we're not listening, haha

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Now that you mention it, it was definitely Rick's scope that was showing how you planned the reverse motion video.  The end result turned out great.

Thanks! Yeah, I like the way it looked. I may try to incorporate more clips like that in the future!

30 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I really enjoyed watching this! DH and I were on this cruise and had a great time. The corona rainbow in Aruba was amazing! Then again, maybe it was a warning. 😉

Thanks so much!

And um, we had no idea it was called that!? I just had to google it!