MS Veendam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades, April 21, 2020

rafinmd

Two more dam ships making what may be their final performance of the season in Port Everglades, with relatively late arrival times.  Veendam is due to meet the pilot at 8:15 and proceed to pier 21.  Zuiderdam is scheduled for 9:00 to spend the day at pier 26.  Veendam is due to sail at 1600 and Zuiderdam  17:00.  Zuiderdam is not part of the repatriation effort but Veendam will be taking crew home to the Philippines, India, Indonesia, and South Africa.

It's a busy day in port with Caribbean Princess already docked, Carnival Magic now arriving and Carnival Sunrise at 7:00.    Caribbean is also due to leave at 1700 while the 2 Carnival ships will stay overnight.

Next up is the Volendam on Wednesday.

I think there is just one of the webcams running,

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Roy

• Thanks 1

Those are late arrival slots, I wonder why?  I would have thought that Veendam would have been taking on a lot of fuel and provisions (just in case) for her voyage.  I suppose that without the 'annoyance' of embarking pax and their baggage, it won't take too long!

Thanks for letting us know, Roy.

I’m a bit sad to see Zuiderdam in port today - if things had gone as they should have, Zuiderdam’s last day in FLL would have been the 19th and she would have been on her second sea day sailing to Europe 😞 

30 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for letting us know, Roy.

I’m a bit sad to see Zuiderdam in port today - if things had gone as they should have, Zuiderdam’s last day in FLL would have been the 19th and she would have been on her second sea day sailing to Europe 😞 

We had our eyes on Zuiderdam, too. TA all the way to Venice. 

18 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

We had our eyes on Zuiderdam, too. TA all the way to Venice. 

Most of our roll call members were doing that 😉.  We had a zoom land “sail a way” for the cruise that wasn’t to be on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Can anyone tell me how to crop a screen shot without saving it to a desktop first?

I use the snipping tool but haven't found a way to transfer it directly to cruise critic.

Roy

• Thanks 1

Just an FYI; the little yacht that the camera zoomed in on, the Sirona III,  has had a recent price drop of a cool 3 mil.  It's now on sale for $24,950,000.  They may be open to offers . . . .

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 1

Just now, Krazy Kruizers said:

What a busy day considering no passengers can get on the ships -- 5 ships.

Yes but only 3 leaving.  Tomorrow should be another 3-ship sailaway with both Carnival ships and Volendam.

Roy