Early Saver terms changed?

1st4our25th

I know previously you could receive OBC for a cruise that was already paid in full and could get a rate adjustment for those that weren't paid in full to reduce the total due. I am seeing the option for OBC or Upgrade on the form (can't remember what it used to say if it was different). Our cruise is not paid off yet, so I would prefer to reduce the balance over OBC. Did they do away with that? I don't want an upgrade, I like the cabins we chose. Is my only option now to pay the total due and just take the OBC?

2 minutes ago, 1st4our25th said:

I know previously you could receive OBC for a cruise that was already paid in full and could get a rate adjustment for those that weren't paid in full to reduce the total due. I am seeing the option for OBC or Upgrade on the form (can't remember what it used to say if it was different). Our cruise is not paid off yet, so I would prefer to reduce the balance over OBC. Did they do away with that? I don't want an upgrade, I like the cabins we chose. Is my only option now to pay the total due and just take the OBC?

Just call in, they can reduce it right there on the phone.

3 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Just call in, they can reduce it right there on the phone.

I figured they were super busy with all the refunds and cancellations so I was just going to submit the form this time instead. 

14 minutes ago, 1st4our25th said:

price adjustment was never on the online form. you always had to call to do it over the phone. this is what i noticed over the years from my past cruises

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

price adjustment was never on the online form. you always had to call to do it over the phone. this is what i noticed over the years from my past cruises

Thank you, I didn't realize that. With our cruise last November I always got the OBC for early saver since I paid in full when I booked.

If your cruise hasn't been paid in full, then your balance due gets reduced by the difference. You don't need to request it specifically.

I've submitted the price protection form for 3 cruises in recent weeks.

Edited by reeinaz

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

You do not have to call. If you are not paid in full, they will do a price adjustment. If you are they will do OBC.

54 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

You do not have to call. If you are not paid in full, they will do a price adjustment. If you are they will do OBC.

This is what I was going to say. I've gotten the balance adjusted by using the form on multiple occasions. Calling isn't necessary. To add, I have also used the form and been denied. I knew the reason they gave me was wrong, so I emailed our PVP and in less than an hour, our balance was adjusted. So the form is fine, but don't always trust it if you're denied.

• Like 2

When I submit an online price match form, I select OBC where OBC and UPGRADE are the two options.  Then I write a short note in the message area explaining the price difference and what I want. I always get the price lowered before final payment instead of OBC.

On 4/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, jennas_mum said:

I would call.  My call was picked up in less than 30 seconds.  Reason I say call is I had to "remind" them the price of my cruise went down and an additional OBC was offered.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, 1st4our25th said:

Thank you, I didn't realize that. With our cruise last November I always got the OBC for early saver since I paid in full when I booked.

If you haven't paid in full, they will adjust the amount owed, regardless of what you put on the form. I always just leave OBC but they simply adjust the rate. No need to call. Submitting the price form gets you a reply within 10 minutes usually.

One thing, just be careful you where it says " Include fares where Carnival picks your room".  They will downgrade you to a guaranteed room and lose your room and Early saver rate status

also be aware that your new booking takes on the terms of the lower fare. You might have a larger deposit now due (happened to me) or lose your OBC (also happened to me). I lost a $50 OBC for a $30 price drop 😂. Lesson learned.

15 hours ago, reeinaz said:

also be aware that your new booking takes on the terms of the lower fare. You might have a larger deposit now due (happened to me) or lose your OBC (also happened to me). I lost a $50 OBC for a $30 price drop 😂. Lesson learned.

Same happened to me - I called & they adjusted it back. I was on the phone for almost an hour though. I have paid in full for a cruise in December & they just added OBC. I understand that it is refundable & can be used for tips.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:45 PM, shof515 said:

I have always received price adjustments when submitting a form for a cruise that was not paid off yet.  That's always been how it is, and how it still is.  You submit the form and if you haven't paid off the cruise yet, they adjust the price so that your amount due is lowered.  If you have paid off the cruise, you receive OBC for the difference.