Best Steakhouse by Houston Hobby

KATHYMAC68

Nothing around Hobby which is not a very good neighborhood. Killens Steakhouse in Pearland is good. Although part of chains, Vic and Anthony's and Pappas Steakhouse are good. They are much higher quality than chains like Longhorn Steakhouse, etc.

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Nothing around Hobby which is not a very good neighborhood. Killens Steakhouse in Pearland is good. Although part of chains, Vic and Anthony's and Pappas Steakhouse are good. They are much higher quality than chains like Longhorn Steakhouse, etc.

Killens looks great. Now I have to pray everything opens up by November. Thank you for the suggestion!

I know you said near Hobby but then you said downtown was ok and that you wanted delicious and unique so here you go.  If you really want Texas unique and don’t mind a bit of a drive, check out the Leona General Store in Leona, Texas.  It’s a 2 hour drive.  They don’t take reservations.  Steak night is Friday or Saturday.  There will be a line. It might be long.  It might be hot or cold outside.  They only have ribeye steaks.  Their salad bar is small and boring.  They only serve mashed potatoes, not baked.  And it’s the most amazing steak you’ll ever put in your mouth.  And an environment unique to Texas.  It’s literally a general store with a whole bunch or large rooms and a kitchen added on for dining.  The dress code is come decent.  You’ll be looking outside at cattle that will be on the menu later in the year.  Or week.  Desert is amazing.

I’ve eaten at all the steakhouses mentioned plus a few more.  They’re all good.  Some are even fancy.  None are as uniquely Texas as Leona.  

https://leonageneral.com 

If you decide to go let me know.  We live on Lake Conroe not quite half way.  We just might join you.

Safe travels.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Killens looks great. Now I have to pray everything opens up by November. Thank you for the suggestion!

Perry’s in Clear Lake is a chain but they do have good food and service. Not too far from Hobby via Uber or Lyft.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Killen's in Pearland; I live in Pearland and agree Perry's in Baybrook/Clear Lake is an excellent choice but you are literally just down Telephone Road to Pearland.

I agree, both are good choices, you can’t go wrong with either one.

Taste of Texas is good also but too far out on I-10 West from Hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums