4-23-20 Thursday Weigh-In....Yes It\s Thursday Again

Belle

Diana, your drinks sound great.  I guess it's true that anniversary calories don't count 😉 93 does sound hot - with or without humidity!  We had a mild day yesterday and I got more yard work done, plus DH was even able to go for a walk with me (I think it's the first he's left the property since the shutdown started in March).  

Cutting your own larger cuts of meat is much more economical.  I'm spoiled with friends that send beef to the butcher and can split with them.  Earlier this year I got a side from my son's friend and it was grass fed, plus I know he rubbed it down/brushed it each day - almost treating it like a pet - so tasty 🙂 I pay a flat rate per pound (dressed weight) plus butcher fee so it's hard to know exactly how much I'm paying but I think I figured around $4/pound so a little high for ground beef but awesome price for ribeye steaks.

I haven't seen major shortages of other meats yet, but we have a milk crisis where farmers are having to dump the milk 😞 I saw signage about egg issues too.

We're still able to get meat. Since most of what I got at the butcher a couple weeks ago was beef and pork, I've only been buying turkey and chicken at the grocery store. I've been doing grocery pick up at Kroger for the last several weeks instead of going in, but I did have to pop into Walmart for flowers Saturday morning. I had my first order in two months, and I only needed a handful of blooms. Their produce section was full, so no issues yet. I'm hoping tomorrow's weigh in is good to everyone!

• Like 1