Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 23rd April 2020

rog747

6 hours ago, Edithclara said:

Very happy for you and others receiving refunds.

A social media post from someone who works in accounts in an Australian agency "Cunard have not issued any refunds to agencies except for a very few way back in March. The cruise line gives the customer the date they've processed the refund, it then takes at least 4 weeks for the cheque to hit our PO box. We aim to refund within 1 week of receiving the cheque".

It's a shame that in Australia, these cheques cannot be sent directly to the customer. 

I guess it is all tied into the consumer protection laws of respective countries where the company has a trading foothold. It must be a nightmare. Fingers crossed that you wait and soon.

50 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Cunard have just announced a further pause until Nov 1st for Mary and Victoria and nov 23 for Elizabeth

Cunard is one of those very proud companies and it will not let its reputation drop to being very brave and allow people to start cruising just because Cunard has allowed them too. I think they will take all the time they need to make sure that their cruises will be safe and enjoyable 

• Haha 1

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I could not find any posts containing FCC, FCD and OBC.  We received the long-awaited cancellation notice this morning.  It states that “you will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on monies paid to date on your booking”.  The only thing we paid was FCDs.  Do we still have the FCDs, or have they magically transformed into FCCs with no OBC?

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I could not find any posts containing FCC, FCD and OBC.  We received the long-awaited cancellation notice this morning.  It states that “you will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on monies paid to date on your booking”.  The only thing we paid was FCDs.  Do we still have the FCDs, or have they magically transformed into FCCs with no OBC?

Thanks.

I was able to transfer my obc - to a cruise that has now been cancelled.😀