PG latest travel advisory April 23

fedexretiree

April 23, 2020, Update

Ia Orana!

We hope that you and your family are safe and in good health during these unprecedented times. We look forward to resuming our voyages in the near future and continuing to offer our guests exceptional cruise experiences in Tahiti, French Polynesia, Fiji, and the South Pacific. 

If you have any questions regarding an upcoming sailing, please contact your Travel Advisor, call us at 800-848-6172, or send us an email at customerservice@pgcruises.com. Our team is at your disposal to assist you Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST.

12 minutes ago, FlightMedic555 said:

An absolutely useless update. 

An "update" that gives updates a bad name especially when many larger cruise lines are now announcing cancellation of cruises over the next few months (as a starting point for what I anticipate will be a long pause in cruising).  

When I try to "Book now" on the PG cruises web site for a cruise in June I cancelled a while back, nothing comes up.  I don't know if this is a booking engine glitch or preparation for an actual useful update from them on cruise cancellations.

I thought the "update" was absolutely pointless too.  I also tried to book a room on our July cruise and it kept kicking me out as well.  Cruises are still showing available on other big TA websites(but even before this corona virus you couldn't do a dummy booking on them) so not sure if it was just a PG glitch or what.  Hopefully we will get some better updates and answers soon.

April 29 update is out.  Not a whole lot of much use but here it is:

https://www.pgcruises.com/travel-advisory

April 29, 2020, Update

Ia Orana!

We hope that you and your family are safe and in good health during these unprecedented times.

As you know, the current pandemic situation has led us to temporarily suspend the operation of the company’s entire fleet. Our vocation as sailors is to take you traveling the seas of the world, and we know your cruise is an important event that you look forward to with pleasure and anticipation long in advance.

We look forward to resuming our voyages in the near future and continuing to offer our guests exceptional cruise experiences in Tahiti, French Polynesia, Fiji, and the South Pacific.

Paul Gauguin Cruises

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have a voyage scheduled soon and are inquiring regarding its status.
If you have any questions regarding an upcoming cruise, please contact your Travel Advisor, call us at 800-848-6172, or send us an email at customerservice@pgcruises.com. Our team is at your disposal to assist you Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Due to the pandemic, if we are forced not to operate the m/s Paul Gauguin, you will be contacted personally in the coming days, and at the latest 30 days before the departure of the cruise, by a member of the Paul Gauguin Cruises Reservation team who will offer you a credit towards a future cruise that is also transferable to a family member.

You are booked on a sailing that has not been cancelled, but you do not want to travel and wish to modify, postpone, or cancel your trip, and want to speak to someone about your cruise options.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding your cruise options, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us at 800-848-6172. Our team is at your disposal to assist you Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

Our dedicated team meets every day to evaluate the best possible options for our upcoming cruises. We are doing our best to get back to everyone as soon as we can, and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through a high volume of calls. 

You are booked on a private charter and have questions regarding your cruise.
If you are booked on a charter, please contact your charter host agency directly regarding your sailing. Contractually, all communication with charter guests must be handled via the charter agency, and if there are changes to your scheduled departure, they will be communicated to you by the charter agency directly. Paul Gauguin Cruises’ policies concerning Future Cruise Credits, cancel fees, and fees concerning airline/hotels are not applicable to private charters. 

For questions about the evolution of Coronavirus COVID-19, we recommend you consult the CDC or your local government.

This page is regularly updated with new information as soon as it becomes available.

This concerns me: 

Our vocation as sailors is to take you traveling the seas of the world, and we know your cruise is an important event that you look forward to with pleasure and anticipation long in advance. LONG IN ADVANCE?

We tend to book as soon as itineraries come out. In fact this is likely the first time in years that we haven't booked 2023 and cancelled our already booked 2022 itineraries.

27 minutes ago, Larro9 said:

Hutch..I was hoping to chat privately..you disabled your PM ?  If you want pm me.  Info on Paul gauguin changes daily. 

I'd be happy to chat with you via PM. Especially if you have more info on PG's status.

When I try to PM you, I get a message that says "This feature is disabled." What's up with that I wonder?

I tried to PM a couple other folks and got the same error. Wonder why they did that.

Edited by Hutchinj

54 minutes ago, Larro9 said:

Across the board issues...if it doesn’t clear up soon...I’ll post a email I sometime use later ..you are/were on 7-4 cruise as I remember

Correct. We still have an active booking for the July 4th cruise. We are waiting to see if it will be cancelled before deciding to opt for a FCC or fight for a refund.

1 hour ago, Hutchinj said:

Correct. We still have an active booking for the July 4th cruise. We are waiting to see if it will be cancelled before deciding to opt for a FCC or fight for a refund.

If PG cancels don't they have to refund us according to what I have read in their ticket contract?

31 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

If PG cancels don't they have to refund us according to what I have read in their ticket contract?

Legally, it should depend on the ticket contract that was in place when you first booked and paid a deposit. But that apparently doesn't seem to carry much weight with PG and their new owners, Ponant.

There are several threads here on CC about their lack of ethics in changing the terms and conditions midstream. What other industry can you think of that can get away with changing the terms of a binding contract without both parties agreeing? It seems they are taking the stance "We are a French company. If you don't like it, sue us!" Not good.

The offer of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) may be OK for some people, but others may not be able to travel in the future due to health or economic reasons, let alone doubts about pandemics or the cruise line's ability to stay in business. Such a shame as the real losers here will be the wonderful crew and staff of the PG and the good people of French Polynesia.