Ponant #WeMissYou Video (in French)

AussieBoyTX

Ponant has uploaded a video called "Vous Nous Manquez" (We Miss You) to YouTube: 

• Already more than a month that we had to take a break, without really knowing when we can find you ...
  • This stopover, longer than the others, confirms to us that without you, dear fans, dear passengers, the company could not be what it is. Our vocation is to make you discover the treasures of the Earth by sea, but this period prevents us from doing so ... So yes, we are not afraid to say it ... #WeMissYou!
  • Iconic company figures and our crew members wanted to let you know through this video.

Edited by AussieBoyTX

I’m going to embarrass myself here, but my high school French would have led me to translate “vous nous manquez” not as “we miss you” but as “you miss us.”

Clearly not as effective as a marketing strategy. 

6 minutes ago, Frncie said:

I’m going to embarrass myself here, but my high school French would have led me to translate “vous nous manquez” not as “we miss you” but as “you miss us.”

My high school and college French remains completely at a loss for idioms.  Why does the Quebec license plate, which says "Je me souviens" mean "I remember"?  It seems to say "I remember me."  And don't even start with "Merde mille fois" for "good luck" !

Ponants despicable behaviour means they will miss me forever. Never book with this mob ever again. I wonder how many more passengers feel the same way. Ponant seem blind to the damage they are doing to their brand.

22 hours ago, Frncie said:

The verb "manquer" means "to be missing". So, the sentence "vous nous manquez" means "you are missing to us" or as we would say in English ,"we miss you".

1 hour ago, sullaRaffaello said:

The verb "manquer" means "to be missing". So, the sentence "vous nous manquez" means "you are missing to us" or as we would say in English ,"we miss you".

Merci.  [At least I remember that much French correctly :classic_smile:]

On 4/24/2020 at 6:37 PM, Frncie said:

With the way Ponant is mistreating its customers, as well as the customers of The Paul Gauguin, which Ponant recently acquired, they seem to be totally lacking any semblance of a marketing strategy. They are driving customers away by the droves, with their refusal to honor the terms and conditions of the contracts they entered into with their customers when they accepted their customers money. Their arrogance, and complete and utter lack of honesty, will cost them dearly when this virus is over. Even if they survive intact, their brand will be tainted forever. Perhaps their French clientele will be more forgiving, but most Americans expect the companies they do business with to honor the contracts both parties agreed to at the time of sale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...