Heart Conditions Banned from Cruising

kruisey

8 hours ago, whitecap said:

The current Health Declaration on the Princess web site suggest that anyone who has traveled to any of the listed countries or "a location currently subject to lockdown (quarantine) measures by government health authorities (including transiting through an airport in these locations)" may not be allowed to board.  So my question would be; isn't the US currently subject to lockdown (quarantine) measures and if those measures or some form of them are still in effect when the cruise lines begin operation again, wouldn't that prohibit boarding? 

And there is no mention of chronic illness.

I'm assuming, for myself and my husband, that I won't be cruising until the CDC gives the all clear to do so.  For instance, California has a 4-stage "re-opening" plan that was announced a few days ago.  Cruising would probably be stage 3.5 or 4.  THEN, I would want to see if a doctor's clearance would be necessary.  

The Health Declaration appears to be a more specific version of what we always fill out for norovirus, only now it's specific to COVID19.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:24 PM, Daniel A said:

This is so typical of getting different "shoot from the hip" responses from Princess telephone reps.  This type of misinformation from the phone reps has been endemic with Princess for years - nothing new.  On April 14, Princess published a 5 page document they called  "Health Advisory and Travel Safety Procedures"  On page two they listed three criteria which would cause a PAX to be denied boarding.  The third criteria stated that if a PAX has a "underlying severe chronic condition" the PAX should contact Princess for further direction.

Yesterday, it was observed that the 5 page document had been edited and they removed the third criteria.  The revised document only states that you would be denied boarding if you had been around someone who probably has Covid-19 (my language, not their precise language.)  Or if you presented at the terminal with a fever or flu like symptoms.  The underlying chronic condition criteria is no longer listed a cause to deny boarding.  The revised document narrows Princess' focus to those who potentially have Covid-19 at embarkation.

You can read the entire five page advisory from Princess here: 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

OP, get somebody on the phone who knows what the current requirements are.  I'd be interested in knowing when you had that conversation with the phone rep.  I wonder if it was when they still had that third criteria.

Has anyone got a copy of the original document before Princess removed the paragraph relating to denial of boarding due to underling serious medical conditions and if so would they please scan it and post on this forum.

2 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

Has anyone got a copy of the original document before Princess removed the paragraph relating to denial of boarding due to underling serious medical conditions and if so would they please scan it and post on this forum.

Yes, here it is.  I save everything!

Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

• Like 1

I saw the doctor on my Caribbean Princess cruise. He was from South Africa. He seemed as good as my doctor at home. I had an upper respiratory infection. The tests they did for the flu were negative. I was quarantined in my cabin, allowed out once in the morning and once in the afternoon to go to the medical center for a temperature check. When my fever was gone for three consecutive checks, I was released from quarantine. I never tested how effectively they enforce the quarantine. With the medallions, it seems like they could locate a wayward passenger who refused to cooperate with it.

46 minutes ago, geoherb said:

With the medallions, it seems like they could locate a wayward passenger who refused to cooperate with it.

They could locate the medallion. The passenger does not have to be anywhere near it.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:52 AM, kruisey said:

This was The Princess Representative ,I called Princess direct.

She said 'You would be denied boarding'  her exact words.

She personally filled out and sent off form  for  cruise credit  refund.

I am on heart Meditation twice a day twice which controls it.

I am exactly the same!

We've made some booking changes for 7 of us from 3 balconies to mini-suites and moving people around to ensure we use as much FCC as possible.  For those calls the Princess reps have been among the best we've ever used.  However, I would never rely on them to tell me whether or not I could/should sail.  

Seems like the Princess and CLIA websites changes every few days regarding health requirements.  As of now  no ships are sailing until July.  So I would not stress out now.  Just wait until the CDC and Coast Guard give the approval for ships to start sailing again.  Once they get the go; then you can go on website and see what medical requirements will deny boarding.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting that the link was just updated today yet it still has the chronic medical language for Princess?

Where does the new document state anything about age or chronic conditions? (I went to the website not the previous now outdated version)

AlanF65:

Thanks for posting! I saw this in my e-mail.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! (the ones who basically support the cruise

line business- at least during non-school breaks during the year!)

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Where does the new document state anything about age or chronic conditions? (I went to the website not the previous now outdated version)

I had quoted Caribill's post which included a link to the Cruise Critic story which was posted on April 29th, after Princess removed the chronic / severe language from their policy.  Yet CC quoted the Princess policy as this which I thought was peculiar:

image.png.5e6875e11eb07b6a66537de1bfd9d763.png

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, azbirdmom said:

I had quoted Caribill's post which included a link to the Cruise Critic story which was posted on April 29th, after Princess removed the chronic / severe language from their policy.  Yet CC quoted the Princess policy as this which I thought was peculiar:

image.png.5e6875e11eb07b6a66537de1bfd9d763.png

I read that article too and it was wrong about the underlying conditions requirement.  "Never let something as insignificant as facts get in the way of a good story …".  😖