Latitudes points on cancelled cruises

coastcat

Is everyone with an NCL-cancelled cruise still earning Latitude points on the "completed" cruise, or just those who took the FCC, or was I lucky?

I had an April 19 cruise paid in full and decided to wait for NCL to officially cancel it. They finally did and I took the FCC. Yesterday I would have disembarked. This morning, I looked at my NCL account and discovered that I had been credited the points I would have earned. Those of you at Platinum+ might not care, but being in a much lower tier I appreciate the gesture!

It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) appears in my account the day after my now-cancelled June cruise would have ended. It was supposed to earn double points.

• Like 1

Shhhh.  Yes, that is apparently what is happening.  I got double points, as did others on my cancelled cruise where I took FCC.  Don't know about those who chose a refund.  Hoping nobody notices if it is indeed an error.

• Like 2

Codeword, is, Shhhh.  Cancelled sailing earlier this month on the Bliss, took the refund route - this was while penalty was not waived/applied.  No Latitude points awarded or credited, whatsoever.   Different circumstances and matrix and absolutely true, being P and/or P+ in our situations. Has another cancelled booking on the Encore next month, obviously that's not happening either.  

40 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Is everyone with an NCL-cancelled cruise still earning Latitude points on the "completed" cruise, or just those who took the FCC, or was I lucky?

I had an April 19 cruise paid in full and decided to wait for NCL to officially cancel it. They finally did and I took the FCC. Yesterday I would have disembarked. This morning, I looked at my NCL account and discovered that I had been credited the points I would have earned. Those of you at Platinum+ might not care, but being in a much lower tier I appreciate the gesture!

It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) appears in my account the day after my now-cancelled June cruise would have ended. It was supposed to earn double points.

we did not get them :-(.... We had a 21 day cruise on April 19 and we did not get the latitudes point. We are both Platinum Plus maybe that's the case, but that's discrimination LOL

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

we did not get them :-(.... We had a 21 day cruise on April 19 and we did not get the latitudes point. We are both Platinum Plus maybe that's the case, but that's discrimination LOL

Under normal circumstances, points aren't put on your account until after the cruise, so yours might be coming since your cruise hasn't ended yet (according to the computer anyway).

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Under normal circumstances, points aren't put on your account until after the cruise, so yours might be coming since your cruise hasn't ended yet (according to the computer anyway).

very true, did not think of that. I guess, we will see.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vicnsue said:

We had a 15 day TA sailing April 18 canceled, and we didn’t get our points. Damn shame too, that would have bumped us up to platinum. 😢

We got ours the day after we should have disembarked. Had an April 8 sailing canceled, scheduled disembarkation on April 19, points were credited April 20.

There was also another thread here on CC about this a couple weeks ago, so this seems to have been happening since the beginning of the suspension of operations.  No idea if they'll pull them back, or if this is some sort of unannounced goodwill gesture.  We took the FCC, and the cruise stayed "active" (although it showed that payment was still needed - even though fully paid) in my online account until the scheduled embarkation day.  Then, on the NCL app, the cruise changed to "on-board mode" (where it asks you to connect to ship wifi), until the scheduled disembarkation.  Now it shows in my cruise history, and I've been credited the points. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

We got ours the day after we should have disembarked. Had an April 8 sailing canceled, scheduled disembarkation on April 19, points were credited April 20.

There was also another thread here on CC about this a couple weeks ago, so this seems to have been happening since the beginning of the suspension of operations.  No idea if they'll pull them back, or if this is some sort of unannounced goodwill gesture.  We took the FCC, and the cruise stayed "active" (although it showed that payment was still needed - even though fully paid) in my online account until the scheduled embarkation day.  Then, on the NCL app, the cruise changed to "on-board mode" (where it asks you to connect to ship wifi), until the scheduled disembarkation.  Now it shows in my cruise history, and I've been credited the points. 

Thank you for the info. We can only hope they do the same for us. 🤞🏻

20 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

Same here. After several days of the app taunting me with onboard mode, the cancelled cruise disappeared today and points appeared.

Someone on another forum mentioned receiving Crown & Anchor points for their cancelled RC sailing, and I remember thinking it would be nice if NCL did the same. TBH, I was surprised as heck when they did.

53 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

I didnt get any points on my cancelled cruise but it didnt "happen" yet, is that relevant? maybe after the cruise end date id get these points?

Points have never been awarded until  after the cruise ends.   

I wouldn't be surprised-   down the road  they are taken away.    They are way too busy now-  with other business,   but=   absolutely they know they are being credited into accounts.      The levels are already very top heavy with perks.   The service and perks cost time and money.    I have no clue how,  they can keep up on some cruises-  delivering the benefits..         Alternatively=   wouldn't be a surprise with a new program.    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Points have never been awarded until  after the cruise ends.   

I wouldn't be surprised-   down the road  they are taken away.    They are way too busy now-  with other business,   but=   absolutely they know they are being credited into accounts.      The levels are already very top heavy with perks.   The service and perks cost time and money.    I have no clue how,  they can keep up on some cruises-  delivering the benefits..         Alternatively=   wouldn't be a surprise with a new program.    

Ok great, sit and wait to see what happens 😁

12 hours ago, julig22 said:

Shhhh.  Yes, that is apparently what is happening.  I got double points, as did others on my cancelled cruise where I took FCC.  Don't know about those who chose a refund.  Hoping nobody notices if it is indeed an error.

My 4/05/2020 Bliss cruise was suspended & I requested a refund on 3/23/2020.  Surprisingly I received FCC on 4/03/2020!!!  I also received latitude points in my account for my suspended cruise.  I believe NCL computer is programmed to automatically perform certain functions which probably will be corrected at a later date.  Meanwhile I’m trying to make sure I receive requested refund in lieu of FCC.  In addition I’m also owed 2 CruiseNext coupons which I haven’t received yet.

Edited by Ozzieru1e
Extra comments.

They just might see these 'extra' Latitude points as a low cost goodwill gesture, which can be tweaked to be even lower cost in the future (with no real kickback).

It may also be the case that there need to be some Latitudes points to create a Latitudes account (It was a long time ago but I vaguely recall the we did not get a Latitudes number until after our first cruise). All of the first-time cruisers who were cancelled would need an account to attach their FCCs onto.

On our first cruise we had our numbers but no points until we finished the cruise. I suspect that this is a computer glitch - esp if the points are showing up after the cancelled cruise would have ended. It is probably going to be harder and even more expensive to correct it than just let it go. They should realize that they are going to need as many of us Platinum/+ cruisers to come back when they start cruising again.

6 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

On our first cruise we had our numbers but no points until we finished the cruise. I suspect that this is a computer glitch - esp if the points are showing up after the cancelled cruise would have ended. It is probably going to be harder and even more expensive to correct it than just let it go. They should realize that they are going to need as many of us Platinum/+ cruisers to come back when they start cruising again.

Yet again another grandfathering solution to this latitudes madness -

remember the former system giving credits on the old scale until a

merge point (Platinum) was met.

As for those perks - Lame Duc champagne - chocolate strawberries - dinner at a SR one with wine -

and laundry and priority which anyone can get by just asking (requesting) it - overkill if in a suite/haven !

After this is all well and done time for NCL to revamp the program with "REAL" rewards !

500 points beyond Platinum to get a free cruise (Ambassador) simply give a i.e. 10% discount on each and

every future cruise - perhaps a token more for suites and haven cabins.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, SteveH2508 said:

They just might see these 'extra' Latitude points as a low cost goodwill gesture, which can be tweaked to be even lower cost in the future (with no real kickback).

I just checked and  saw that I got 30 points for a 15 days cruise earlier this month that was cancelled (double points as booked as a "insider special"). My first reaction was similar to yours; that it was some type of "incentive" from NCLto  get some goodwill from possible future customers. After all WE didn't  cancel the cruise - NCL did....

But of course - I am very much prepared to see those points gone at a later time,  only time  will tell  if NCL let us keep them... 🙂

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1