Tell me about Port of Mobile

cruisecrazypat

On 4/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, cruisecrazypat said:

Just booked July 20. We have been to Mobile but never for a cruise. Driving over that morning after dropping dogs at vets

Have never cruised from Mobile but had a cruise booked then cancelled. I researched the port parking. Looks like it could get congested at peak arrival times. There is a parking garage and when filled you get directed to a lot a few blocks from the port. Hope this helps a little.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, cruisecrazypat said:

Just booked July 20. We have been to Mobile but never for a cruise. Driving over that morning after dropping dogs at vets

July 20, 2020?? Do you really think any cruise anywhere is going to happen in July?

• 3 weeks later...

I've cruised twice out of Mobile.  On one of those two cruises, the port was fogged in and we ended up missing one port day (of two) in Mexico because the ship wasn't in port when we arrived to board.  Carnival sent us to the Mobile Convention Center (a dreary affair) where we waited for several hours until we were finally sent home and told to come back the following day.  While there, I talked to another man who had had the same experience on a previous cruise.  Then when we arrived back at Mobile, we had similar issues and had to debark late.  This experience gave me the impression that delays are not uncommon in Mobile, but perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in. 

Edited by ideastoday
Edited to correct a mistake

According to AL.com Carnival won’t be sailing out of Mobile until September. But if your cruise does indeed sail, the port of Mobile is easy to navigate and parking decks do fill up fast but overflow is across the highway. We always go in a day or two early and get a park and cruise package simply because we love Mobile and always use this time pre-cruise to enjoy all the stuff to do in and around Mobile. Price to park at the terminal is pricey in our opinion which is another reason we add on a couple of vacation days, hang out in Mobile and park at  our hotel for free.

• 1 month later...

Can’t speak to Uber as we have never used them. Our pre-cruise hotel was close enough that we walked to the port. We dropped off our luggage early, went back to the hotel to park our vehicle in a good safe spot and walked in for check in.  I am sure someone will be able to help you with your question.