Miam Hotel with view of the port & balcony.

Nashna

Doubletree and the next door Marriott offer some rooms with a view of the port, as does the Holiday Inn and Intercontinental.  Doubletree might be the only one with some VERY small balconies.

I don't think hotel high rises can have balconies.  I would imagine, like Las Vegas, it is an insurance issue.

That said, if you can rent a condo in The W Hotel Building, they do have balconies.  It will be expensive because it is a two or three bedroom but the condos do have balconies.

Also, if that doesn't work, the pool decks all have amazing places to sit with stunning views.

I would skip the balcony, go with the view, and lounge by the pool.

I am speaking specifically of downtown/Brickell.  Otherwise your option would be the Mondrian South Beach.  

Edited by BlueHerons

Hyatt Centric in Brickell is bay facing and has balconies facing the port.  You'd have to ask for a higher floor and something on the north east side would be the best.

This was our balcony view from the Gabriel Miami back in November.  We had a room on a higher floor and a perfect view of the ships coming in that morning before we boarded.  The previous evening, we also got to watch the Oasis fireworks show from our balcony here too.

Gabriel.jpg

Edited by iahawkfan21

Thank you for all the tips.  We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay in January and had a great view of the bay...but no balcony.   My son's honeymoon cruise from Genoa was cancelled.  They decided to switch to the Caribbean,  so I'm trying to find him a really great hotel.  

• 1 month later...

Thank you.  I might try the Doubletree.  We really liked the Marriott Biscayne Bay, our room had a beautiful view, but the French balcony sliders were nailed shut and the sign said the door wasn't to be opened.  When I was checking in another couple were trying to get their room changed to one with a balcony that they could sit on and they were told they were quite limited.  We will be sailing (hopefully) in January and will try either the Doubletree or will see if I can get a sit outside balcony at the Marriott.  BTW...my poor son's second cruise was cancelled as well.