Accessible Cabins for European River Cruise?

jst4fun715

I am looking into a group of 8 of us possibly doing a European River cruise. One of our friends uses a fold up mobility scooter when he travels. He can walk short distances but not too far. Most of the lines I am familiar with don't seem to have accessible cabins, or I'm not looking at the right cruise line! Does anyone have any experience with this or possible suggestions?

Not only that but sometimes in busy ports ships dock next to eachother. Which means that to go ashore or return to the ship you need to cross walk over that ship. That of course makes it also very difficult for your friend.

40 minutes ago, Ine said:

Not only that but sometimes in busy ports ships dock next to eachother. Which means that to go ashore or return to the ship you need to cross walk over that ship. That of course makes it also very difficult for your friend.

Thanks. It looks like we'll be looking for something else.

River cruises are not particularly disabled friendly for a variety of reasons. However, there is one company in Holland which has a fully accessible, adapted boat. I can’t remember the name, but I’m sure you will find it if you Google.

53 minutes ago, LondonTowner said:

River cruises are not particularly disabled friendly for a variety of reasons. However, there is one company in Holland which has a fully accessible, adapted boat. I can’t remember the name, but I’m sure you will find it if you Google.

Thank you. I think I did find a company that seems to specialize in tours (including one river boat) that is based in Holland but the ship, MS Viola is owned by a German company. I'll follow up on this. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, jst4fun715 said:

Thank you. I think I did find a company that seems to specialize in tours (including one river boat) that is based in Holland but the ship, MS Viola is owned by a German company. I'll follow up on this. Thanks!

I think the one I meant is called the Prins Willem Alexander.