St. Lucia in March or April

beshears

There are 8 of us that are to be cruising to several ports, and one of them is St. Lucia.  If you have been there in March or April, is the water warm enough to get in, or is it still chilly, or do we need to wait a few more months to check St. Lucia's water out?

2 hours ago, beshears said:

There are 8 of us that are to be cruising to several ports, and one of them is St. Lucia.  If you have been there in March or April, is the water warm enough to get in, or is it still chilly, or do we need to wait a few more months to check St. Lucia's water out?

St. Lucia is so far south in the Caribbean that the water should be fine in both March and April, probably warmer in April.  In 2013, we were there at the beginning of May and after we snorkeled, it was just getting so hot that there was a large group of us just hanging out in the water while on our tour to Jalousie Beach (beach between the Pitons).  Great snorkeling there too, if any in your group are interested. 

Thank you for your reply.  That is good news to read. Many years ago I fell in love with St. Lucia, and now I want to take my family there to see what "I" saw. 🙂  Since my 3 sons love to snorkel, and I "told" them about the Piton mountains, and going to the bottom of the mountains and the water, I'm sure this will be right up their alley.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:55 AM, beshears said:

The water will be nice and warm, and the weather will be nice and hot 

We are quite far south, and our coolest water temps are generally high 70s/low 80s  all year round.  

You'll have no problems comfortably getting in the water and enjoying it!

And if you can take them down to Soufriere and snorkel all around the base of the Pitons, perfect!

Enjoy .

Thank you for your reply.  I am one of these people that LIKE the heat.  I have 3 sons and 3 d-i-l's that will be with me. One of my son's gets chilly pretty easy like myself, so that is why I ask. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

We were at Jalousie (Sugar) Beach on our port day in St. Lucia, March 6, 2020, spending most of our day at that so lovely location with its gorgeous Piton views.  We went to and from there by speedboat, which also was much fun.  The water was wonderful, and I was very impressed with the quality of the snorkeling right from the beach. 

CintiPam, thank you for your reply.  I am thinking around March 21st, next year.  I'm glad you told me about the water, as that is good to know. 🙂 Yes, I just want my family to SEE what I seen and fell in love with in St. Lucia. 🙂