No more fit to travel form

CHEZMARYLOU

From another site.

TERRIFIC NEWS, finally some great news...a health note is no longer required for 70+ 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

“LATEST ALERTS
Royal Caribbean International Return to Service Safety Enhancements
Royal Caribbean International is currently laser-focused on additional safety enhancements for our return to service. To develop our future boarding screening process and updated health protocols, we are collaborating with government health authorities, the Cruise Lines International Association, and our own team of medical experts. These processes and protocols are not yet finalized, but when they are, we will be sure to let you know via e-mail.

We know that our 70+ guests and those with chronic conditions are especially eager to understand what cruising will look like in the future. While subject to change, via the Cruise Lines International Association, we have confirmed that the previous restrictions were lifted in early April after cruise lines suspended service.

Please know that every decision we make, and all of the fine-tuning we do, has your clients' well-being in mind. We'll be in touch soon! We miss you and your clients - and can't wait to welcome them back onboard!”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That is good news!!  We have friends that we cruise with every so often that are over 70 years old.  Boy, were they ever mad when they read that they would be required to get a note from their doctor just to cruise.  Well, they downright felt betrayed after having been on probably 70 cruises.  When we spoke to them the other day, they mentioned they had booked a cruise ... wasn't even going to bring up a sore subject so let it slide but, was wondering how they  could book something when they were so dead set against the restrictions.  Now, it makes more sense.  

My guess is that they will conduct a screening of all passengers prior to boarding. I believe that would be reasonable, but can't wait to see the comments from those who feel that the wait is too long before boarding. I for one would be more than pleased if they took time to protect passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like very  good news.

If this stands through 2021, we will be happy.....we can use our FCC and hopefully enjoy a  nice cruise from Tampa Fla on the Constellation.

Edited by hcat

8 minutes ago, Orator said:

My guess is that they will conduct a screening of all passengers prior to boarding. I believe that would be reasonable, but can't wait to see the comments from those who feel that the wait is too long before boarding. I for one would be more than pleased if they took time to protect passengers.

I think you are probably correct.  I also think that they've woken up to who their cruising population is.  Testing everyone is not discriminatory.  Prohibiting certain groups because of age is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

”via the Cruise Lines International Association, we have confirmed that the previous restrictions were lifted in early April after cruise lines suspended service“

thanks for the timely way that this memo was passed onto concerned cruisers.  A lot of internet time was consumed complaining because we were being issued FCC while being told we could not cruise with the rules you posted.

• Like 1

So now I can THINK about a cruise in 2021......but first I need to see it for real and make sure that form in it's original format does not come back.  Oh, I also need that $5000 refund before I give them another nickel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Argo. said:

”via the Cruise Lines International Association, we have confirmed that the previous restrictions were lifted in early April after cruise lines suspended service“

thanks for the timely way that this memo was passed onto concerned cruisers.  A lot of internet time was consumed complaining because we were being issued FCC while being told we could not cruise with the rules you posted.

This is not the only issue consuming a lot of internet time here on CC... by far, this was and still remains and may remain one of the hot button topics here about cruising.

Rather posters get the memo or not.

bon voyage

I didn't follow the commotion caused by this, but I never understood it intended as a long term guideline. That plan was thrown out in early March as an intermediary solution to appease the CDC and the task farce and then the speculation went rampant from there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity has had some of the worst communications of any company in the last few months.  For not restating the requirement for a doctor's note was temporary - look back at the Celebrity press release - which caused much angst from those who speculated that the note might be enforced. For not cancelling cruises that were impossible due to border and port rules on a timely basis.  For not clearly explaining the airline change effecting Cruise Air.  For emails and mailings of Moveup offers, luggage tags and welcome aboard after a cruise was cancelled.

Hope X gets things moving smoothly going forward.

15 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I didn't follow the commotion caused by this, but I never understood it intended as a long term guideline. That plan was thrown out in early March as an intermediary solution to appease the CDC and the task farce and then the speculation went rampant from there. 

“task farce” Love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Yes, and it will continue to run rampant from those who believe that X (and all cruise lines for that matter) needed to issue a mass communication about this when we can always go to their website everyday and check it out like we come here 'often' enough to get info... but go figure.

I can concur that X and other cruise lines may have needed and still need to communicate with 'booked' passengers more frequently, then when things are potentially changing hourly, at times, what is the best way to manage communiques to hundreds if not thousands including TA's, corporate staff, on-board staff and crew? By the time it goes out, then it is stale.

They will not win on this front, with many of us.

Reminds me of several years ago when there was a(nother) great uproar about X's IT department, there were job postings for upwards of eight (8) positions, all of a sudden the excuses came out of the sea... i.e. my 16 yo nephew/nice has a job they really like, were I not going to retire in six (6) months or ?????

At any rate, thank you for input and understanding of this particular short-lived policy, as I had stated before it would not be long lived... alas, fruition.

Yet, we need to understand the concerns many had when issued with no fixed or any date proposed for dropping the policy, I understood that X or any other cruise line could give a date certain as they did not know at the time. But I did know that it was not a policy which could stand the test of time and fiercely 'loyal' passengers, whom we would not hold our tongues or wrath, regardless of who is responsible for its' implementation!

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orator said:

A preboard screening is great, but what happens when 2000 people get off at the next port and intermingle with locals. I personally will not feel comfortable till a vaccine is available and Covid is not lurking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just went through Celebrity's web site. The need for a doctor's  note is still listed for those  over 70. It is listed unt eh travel alerts port of their COVID 19 announcements.   I did nor bother with looking to see the actual form but as of April 16,2020 the requirement is there.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

I just went through Celebrity's web site. The need for a doctor's  note is still listed for those  over 70. It is listed unt eh travel alerts port of their COVID 19 announcements.   I did nor bother with looking to see the actual form but as of April 16,2020 the requirement is there.

This was just announced today. It will probably take a while to update celebrity’s website...you know how their IT is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was just announced today. It will probably take a while to update celebrity’s website...you know how their IT is. 

I’ve never understood why the parent corporations of all the lines don’t have consolidated back office operations (IT, Customer Service, etc) to save money and be consistent across all brands. Each of their cruise lines websites and online booking processes seem to be different from one another. It’s fine to have a a unique look for each line, but the basic format should be the same it would seem to me. Maybe they are already doing this and I just don’t notice it.

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I know it all t well. Our May 18 sailing is still listed on our upcoming trips and it was canceled by them on April 16. Modern Luxury has bet to meet Modern Technology.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

But I did know that it was not a policy which could stand the test of time and fiercely 'loyal' passengers, whom we would not hold our tongues or wrath, regardless of who is responsible for its' implementation!

Your thoughts fly over like an F-35 on routine patrol across the continent. Some folks won't understand.

• Thanks 1

The over 70's requirement has only been partially removed on the Celebrity travel alerts website. This must have been overlooked.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Coronavirus_Updated_Travel_Restrictions_and_Health_Protocols_Universal_Guest_Ltr_(3-12-20)_70_YR_EUROPE_FOR REST_OF _WORLD.pdf

I think there staff should be more diligent.

I wonder how many cruises have been cancelled or Doctors fees paid over the last few weeks by the oversight of Celebrity not to delete this requirement after CLIA removed it in early April?

2 hours ago, Captain Rob said:

The over 70's requirement has only been partially removed on the Celebrity travel alerts website. This must have been overlooked.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Coronavirus_Updated_Travel_Restrictions_and_Health_Protocols_Universal_Guest_Ltr_(3-12-20)_70_YR_EUROPE_FOR REST_OF _WORLD.pdf

I think there staff should be more diligent.

I wonder how many cruises have been cancelled or Doctors fees paid over the last few weeks by the oversight of Celebrity not to delete this requirement after CLIA removed it in early April?

I would go so far as to say, that the money and time spent was not wasted by going to their physicians and possibly had a few of us to really start to take our health a bit more seriously and improve our eating and exercising habits to curtail issues which may arise from any dis-ease at any time due to chronic 'underlying' health issues, meds or not.

Staff should be more diligent like passengers should be more diligent, correct???

Personally, it is not an issue that 'currently' the policy is fully or partially removed, what will it be by the time one is ready to sail all else beforehand is not of value, IMO.

In health and bon voyage