Sometimes the food is calling our names when we're home

We should hide it under a dome

I know we're doing our best...just by coming in to weigh is doing good

We stick to it whether we have a bad or good days with food

We're trying our best at this time you know

When it's over we will be glad that most times we did said no

We will have lost or stayed the same by knowing each Thursday we weigh in

If by chance we gain.. we saw it..now will lose it..it's a win 

(if we didn't weigh..the gains could just climb especially at this time of staying home)

Because by watching what we eat most of the time we will see

Our gains will be very small and will get it off by the time we go to sea

So to all of you I wish That May Is Good To You in every way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the poem Belle! 

I am down .7, but I was hoping that this week would be better. This was one of those weeks where I did everything right - only 1 cheat, exercised every day, drank all my water. It's discouraging, but at least I'm going in the right direction, even if it is slower than I want.

giphy (2).gif

• Like 3

I got up this morning ... had breakfast ... talked with DH for awhile and then realized it was Thursday.  I will weigh in tomorrow (don't think I've lost!).  Jan

PS - Congrats to all the losers!

Edited by Jan_In_Maine
  • Like 2

Congrats, Melmar & Diana!  The weight you lost found me 🙄but I'm trying not to get too down about it.  My daughter and I are starting a program next week and hopefully that will get me back on track.

Jan, I have been struggling keeping the days straight all week.

Thanks for keeping us going, Belle 🙂 

• Like 1

Thank you for your creative and positive poem, Belle!  

I'm down 1 lb!  My weight graph still looks like the Rocky Mountains, all jagged peaks and valleys, but the trend is still downward, so I'll definitely take it.  I reminded myself this morning that this is a long-term goal, not something that will take just a few months.  Given that I'm trying to get back to a level of fitness and weight health that I enjoyed thirty+ years ago, I need to rein in my expectations and impatience :-).  

I'm ecstatic that our golf courses will reopen (on a limited basis) next week -- I love playing golf, and always walk, so am looking forward to being able to engage in prolonged exercise once again.  I've gone walking almost every day, for at least 30 minutes each time, so am hopeful that I'll be able to complete 18 holes.  I've been working on stretching a lot -- I still have a few twinges from my ribcage musculature, but they are greatly diminished.

Melmar and Diana, great losses!  PaCruiser, hang in there;  that's so neat that you're partnering with your daughter.  Jan_in_Maine, I've been following one of your city's finest on FB -- Lt. Tim Cotton.  I really enjoy his writing -- are you familiar with it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Thank you for your creative and positive poem, Belle!  

I'm down 1 lb!  My weight graph still looks like the Rocky Mountains, all jagged peaks and valleys, but the trend is still downward, so I'll definitely take it.  I reminded myself this morning that this is a long-term goal, not something that will take just a few months.  Given that I'm trying to get back to a level of fitness and weight health that I enjoyed thirty+ years ago, I need to rein in my expectations and impatience :-).  

I'm ecstatic that our golf courses will reopen (on a limited basis) next week -- I love playing golf, and always walk, so am looking forward to being able to engage in prolonged exercise once again.  I've gone walking almost every day, for at least 30 minutes each time, so am hopeful that I'll be able to complete 18 holes.  I've been working on stretching a lot -- I still have a few twinges from my ribcage musculature, but they are greatly diminished.

Melmar and Diana, great losses!  PaCruiser, hang in there;  that's so neat that you're partnering with your daughter.  Jan_in_Maine, I've been following one of your city's finest on FB -- Lt. Tim Cotton.  I really enjoy his writing -- are you familiar with it?

Glad you are a "duck of justice" fan .... I follow him on a daily basis.   Even have a picture of Lt. Cotton with my grandson (one year my grandson went to Walmart with his grammy and purchased toys, etc. for others for Christmas - through the Bangor PD)

• Like 2

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for the words of wisdom.

Nice losses for some & small gains for others, myself included. I'm up 0.6 lb & might be at my highest ever weight.😢

I don't really mind this staying at home situation as I'm seeing others on Zoom or listening to webinars, 3 of them today!

One is gentle stretch so I don't know how many calories that uses, not many I suppose.

Have a nice weekend & let's hope we can get back cruising sooner rather than later!

~ Jo ~😊

• Like 2

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Diana, melmar, Irmo, congrats on the losses.

Jo and pacruise, I am with you.  I am up 1lb.

I don't mind staying home either.  I miss my kids and grandkids, but feel so much safer at home.  I am in a higher risk category so I prefer to just stay safely in my house.

Rose

• Like 2

Thanks Everyone about the poems.

Sounds like we're having a half and half week. Half lost, half gained.  I to had a gain, 1 lb.

Don't know why but really hungry this week. Also do you notice that most times we gain

it's off the next day?  (I mean when we're trying to watch what we eat)  Us women go

up and down in our weight each day. Aren't we lucky?

Had to take car to the shop again today, didn't do the right thing on first trip Monday. Love the pick up

and bringing back the car when done.

Person doing my yards is coming tomorrow (Fri) instead of Sat. 8 am! Yikes! Will have a long day with

my terrible yards, weeds..trimming bushes ect.

Haven't had so much actives in months!:classic_laugh:

Mel....Know it's not fair being good and only losing a little. But it's a loss. Maybe lose more next week

Diana...Congrats on the loss.  How's your garden going?

Jan.... Don't think you  want to weigh..did this last week too!:classic_smile: I almost forgot to weigh with the car pickup.

Pac....You'll get it off. Nice you and daughter going to try together.

Irmo....Congrats on your loss and your graph going down. Sorry to say..weight loss is for life!

Jo...You will get it off, just a little harder with this staying home. Food is our comfort.

Rose...Know you'll get your lb. off. Your at goal.  Yes stay in and be healthy

Yes everyone stay in..not safe yet to go out...think some states making mistakes.  See what their

numbers are in a few weeks.  Take care and have a good Friday and weekend.

• Like 1

IRMO - glad to hear you are healing.  You and Jo might appreciate this with your stretching: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape (2 Hesitations) 😉 

Does Lt. Cotton do a humorous report of the crime blotter?  I remember something like that from a few years ago on a different forum.  Someone else would share it (I didn't have FB at the time, I'll have to check it out).  He was great and I could definitely use some humor again.

I started watching the videos yesterday for the 2B nutrition program we are starting and it's been very interesting. "Water first, veggies most" is a big part of it and while the program mostly sounds like nutrition I've heard for years, it is being presented in a way that might actually get through 🙂 

• Like 2

pacruise - yes Lt. Cotton does a Bangor Police Department facebook writing and he also has another page for writing on a personal level. (I think he also writes about cars too).   He has also written a book that comes out this summer.  When people come to Bangor a lot like to go to the Bangor Police to meet the Duck of Justice and have their picture taken with him.  It is really great for people to see the police as people who are trying to help keep our area safe.

I weighed myself this morning and am up 0.4# .... I'm not surprised ... just am not motivated. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Jan

(PS - If you type in Bangor Maine Police Department on facebook it will take you to the page!)

Edited by Jan_In_Maine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

Friday evening....IRMO congrats on the loss.

Jo, Rose, Jan, Pacruise, sorry for the gains. Hopefully next week is better.

Belle, my garden is doing well. My tomato plants were tiny last week, this week they are getting big so I put tomato cages around them.

Been eating lettuce (4 kinds), spinach, couple herbs, swiss chard, garlic. The melon and squash plants are getting big.

Today I got really sad. Hearing the report about this virus dragging on for 18-24 months. I really want to believe that scientists collaborating around the world will at least find more treatments soon and a vaccine in a hurry. Sadly, this virus is in charge, not us.......

Trying to be upbeat but, wow, difficult. Know we're all in the same "boat" on this. 

Rose, I agree with you, I feel the safest in my house. We still are mostly at home. Just out for groceries or to mail something. 

Have a good evening, Diana

• Like 3

Hello this Friday night.  Remember when we waited for Friday night.  Every night the same now.

Diana yes I read that too and the different things that can happen. Hope they find a vaccine soon.

They think they found a med that lesser the time your sick if you catch it.  So maybe a vaccine is

right around the corner.  Lets pray it happens.

Jan a small gain. You can get it off but understand not being motivated.

Car my car back, hope it's fixed. Time will tell.  Today got my lawns cut (down to mostly dirt) and weeded plus other 

weeds pulled (all around the house..outside:classic_laugh:)  and bushes and a few tree trimmed shorter.  Yards look so much better.

Now to decide how I want them done now. Don't think I want grass again.  Now to hose down the house (outside)  and get 

the cob webs and dirt off.

Diana, Jan, Rose, Jo, Pac. Mel and Imro wishing you all a good weekend staying inside and staying safe,

Don't trust it out there yet!

• Like 1

Tonight was our cheat night. DH and I went out to pick up some more plants, and we picked up fast food on the way home. We now have 4 varieties  of tomatoes, 2 type of bell peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, several types of herbs, and we are ordering okra, zucchini, and strawberries because we couldn't find any plants or seeds. I had small birthday cake delivery this afternoon, and I have a small wedding cake in the oven right now for tomorrow evening. My next order is at the end of July, but I am planning on dropping off a few sample boxes next week to couples who are ready to book for late summer and fall. I'm pretty sure their RSVPs are going to be a lot lower than they expect though. I didn't get my work out in today - too much going on in the kitchen. I'll make up for it with yard work tomorrow. Have a great weekend...it is Friday  right?

• Like 2

Mel, hard to keep the days straight sometimes...Glad you have some work.

Belle, great you have your car back, fingers crossed no more work on that. Sounds like your yard got a nice manicure.

I'll be doing a little work in our backyard today. Used my exercise bike this morning.

Have a good day, Diana

• Like 1

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Enjoy your Sunday as best as you can.  What ever you decide to do.

Mel what a nice garden your going to have. Lots of veggies to eat. Nice your getting some cake orders.

Hope you get more as time goes by.

Diana yes the yards and bushes look so much better now. Really need to redo the lawns, don't want grass anymore.

Know you have a nice garden to, lots of veggies too.   

Today was leaving on a 20 day cruise to Alaska. 1st 10 days my daughter was going with me and 2nd 10 days was

doing solo.  Sad for me and daughter but really sad for Alaska. Some of the people they make their money during

the cruise season.  I love Alaska it's so beautiful.  Love talking to the locals and they love talking to you. Some

have really good stories to tell.  (what's really bad they both were free cruises..minus the port tax & insurance)

Wonder if  I will get free cruises in there place?  Doubt it.

Know we all had to cancel some cruises this year.  Really sad for us all. We love our cruises.

Take care...Stay safe

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

Hey.....Nobody reading? Are you sleeping or just busy?   

You mean you have a life and don't have to be on here everyday?:classic_smile:

Hope where you live your having nice weather...working in the yard (exercise) Just relaxing..

enjoying family if you can.  Wishing you all a nice day.

Hi Belle,

I was out in the backyard today (rather than yesterday). Pulled some weeds, trimmed some spent rose blooms. I noticed my tomato plants have started flowering and I have tiny zucchini. Maybe in about 2 weeks or so they will be big enough to eat. 

Not much exciting happening. So sorry you are not on your cruise with your daughter. What a bummer. 

I was thinking today about all the places hubby and I have travelled, plane and cruising. We have been so fortunate. At this point I will be happy when we can go to a restaurant, sit and have a meal. I think that is still a ways away.

Have a good night everyone. Diana

• Like 2

Diana ... I think I might envy your garden ... we still do not have leaves on our trees and planting will be done toward the end of the month.  But, I am in the planning stages of my garden ... DH has made raised gardens and I have some large deck pots and I am writing down what I want to plant (I will call the garden center tomorrow), (they are only open for curbside).  I plan on growing spinach, leaf lettuce, radish, climbing cucs, grape tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, climbing green beans, rosemary and basil.  Surprisingly enough my sage and thyme have wintered over.

Love the idea of having a garden .... perhaps it is one of the brightest things about being house bound ... It has been probably 30 years since I have done much vegetable gardening.

It was almost 60 here today ... my DD came and sat on my deck .... 6ft apart ... and we had coffee and talked for awhile .... I so miss not hugging her ... I think I find that the most difficult part of trying to be safe ... I know it is for the best ... but I hurt not being able to hold my kids.  

Hope everyone else has had a lovely Sunday .... and Belle I too really don't have a life ... Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Hi Jan,

My hubby and I have always had raised beds for vegetables. When we moved 3 years ago after we had the backyard landscaped we went bought wood and he put together 2 beds. Just enough for several items.

Your garden will be great. Won't be long now that you can plant it. Yes, I love being able to grow vegetables. Certainly, like you say, a bright spot being housebound. 

Nice you were able to see your daughter (minus the hugs). 

Take care, Diana

• Like 1

Happy Monday!

We had a relatively lazy weekend here after I did a big grocery run on Friday.  I saw a friend and her daughter at the store (somewhat providential as neither of us usually shop there) - it was so hard not to hug 😞 DH was battling sinus headaches so we mostly just watched movies.

I got lots of veggies Friday including jicama that I was looking forward to making fries with - so good when I did it before.  Definitely not as good this time 😞 now I don't know if this was the fluke or the other time was.

DD and I got our boxing workout done.  Took starting measurements (not just weight) and it was eye opening 😮 Prepped some of the produce this morning and need to finish after lunch, plus laundry and some yard work - try not to be jealous of my exciting life 😉 

Have a great week everyone!

Another Monday going by.  Then it will Tuesday. Then so on so on!:classic_rolleyes:

Had a nice Sunday doing nothing but my daughter got pick-up dinner at a steak place we like.

But each ate at our own houses, so sad.  She's finally going to get the virus test. Think it's good

since she works in a market. Their opening here in our area for Everyone. Having it tomorrow, don't

how long to get the test back. Guess she will find out.

Pac I am jealous..your life is more exciting then mine!:classic_laugh:

Everyone have a great week and stay healthy.  Eat all the veggies your all growing.  Have to buy mine!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

I made a mango salsa Sunday to go with salmon patties and it made a lot (1 mango, 1 red bell pepper, 1 red onion, 1TBSPish lime juice).  Today my salad has chicken strips for the protein so I thought I'd use some of the salsa as dressing and it's really good.  I usually put craisins in my salad but opted to skip them with the sweet from the mango and I really don't miss them.  Not huge changes, but maybe 100 calories less in the salad with those swaps.

• Like 1

Hello, Happy Cinco De Mayo,

Hubby and I went out for a taco takeout picnic in the car for lunch. 

Pacruise, that salsa sounds great. Your salad sounds great too. Boxing workouts are great I know, although I don't do them......

Belle, good your daughter will be tested. 

Stay healthy. Diana

• Like 1