Yet another FCC/Refund question

Hello

We had 2 cruises booked on Serenade which were cancelled, we opted for a refund for one of them and an FCC for the other one.

Had the refund email yesterday, does anyone know how long from this point it takes for the refund to come back?

Also, had an email with the FCC details this morning, we have 2 future cruises booked, can I use it to pay off both balances?

Thanks.

You will need to apply the FCC to the earlier of the two cruises.  Once that one is completed RCI will give you a new FCC for the remainder that you can then apply to the later of the cruises.

That explains their "North America based rules".   I would recommend that you call RCI directly and ask them once you have the FCC in hand.   Their reps have been known to bend the rules at times...

Steve

18 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Hello

We had 2 cruises booked on Serenade which were cancelled, we opted for a refund for one of them and an FCC for the other one.

Had the refund email yesterday, does anyone know how long from this point it takes for the refund to come back?

Also, had an email with the FCC details this morning, we have 2 future cruises booked, can I use it to pay off both balances?

Thanks.

Use the FCC against the earlier cruise, and any residual value will be returned to you in a new FCC  once that Cruise has completed:  therefore you cannot use it on a b2b... You can then use the new FCC against the second sailing 

Edited by little britain

4 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

You will need to apply the FCC to the earlier of the two cruises.  Once that one is completed RCI will give you a new FCC for the remainder that you can then apply to the later of the cruises.

That explains their "North America based rules".   I would recommend that you call RCI directly and ask them once you have the FCC in hand.   Their reps have been known to bend the rules at times...

Steve

I asked about this and was told that they will make an exception if it is being applied to B2B cruises.

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Use the FCC against the earlier cruise, and any residual value will be returned to you in a new FCC  once that Cruise has completed:  therefore you cannot use it on a b2b... You can then use the new FCC against the second sailing 

They will make an exception for a B2B

• Thanks 1

Thankyou for this, one cruise is in September which right now I'm not convinced will go ahead as it's a TA, the other is a TA in nov 2021, but we do want to book for early next year so might be better to hold onto it until we are ready to book.

Thanks again.