Trans Tasman Bubble ?

58 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I'm with you Mic, two weeks quarantine for a weeks holiday is not worth it, I'd rather fly to Coffs Harbour. By the time they sought out this Fiji bubble it will be warm enough to swim off our lovely northern NSW beaches.

Yes, whoever thought that one up in Fiji must have been drinking too much kava. Do they seriously expect people will want to pay to sit in quarantine somewhere for two weeks just so they can then pay more money to go to Fiji. 

59 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, whoever thought that one up in Fiji must have been drinking too much kava. Do they seriously expect people will want to pay to sit in quarantine somewhere for two weeks just so they can then pay more money to go to Fiji. 

And won't there be 14 days quarantine upon return? So for a 7 day holiday in Fiji you spend 2 weeks in quarantine upon arrival, then your holiday & then 2 weeks quarantine back here. So 5 weeks in total 😮

I have to say that any country that has some kind of drug induced dream that anyone would spend thousands of dollars on Airfare then sit in quarantine for 2 weeks, has a serious rethink required. We really want to come to Australia and New Zealand, we will not go with a quarantine, we'll save the $9,000.00 just to get there and stay home.

5 minutes ago, mr walker said:

And won't there be 14 days quarantine upon return? So for a 7 day holiday in Fiji you spend 2 weeks in quarantine upon arrival, then your holiday & then 2 weeks quarantine back here. So 5 weeks in total 😮

Exactly, and you'd probably have to pay the costs of the quarantine. So you pay around $4000 per couple to sit in a hotel room for two weeks, then go to Fiji at normal holiday costs, then pay another $4000ish to sit in a hotel room again for another two weeks. Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that?

5 minutes ago, mr walker said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, 4 dead weeks for a holiday (no matter how long you stay there).

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, 4 dead weeks for a holiday (no matter how long you stay there).

And it's not like you can quarantine at home so you go from your comfortable home to spend four weeks in a small hotel room without even being able to go outside or even open a window.  Just to spend your tourist dollars in Fiji? Nah, if Queensland opens it's borders I just go to the GBR, and if it doesn't I'll go to northern NSW. 

How about a river cruise along the Mighty Murray. You might even "come back new".😉

Upper Murraylands Cruise.

7 NIGHTS | MANNUM, SA RETURN | FROM $1984 PP TWIN SHARE
Earlybird bookings save up to 20%! Cruise this iconic Australian outback river highway in South Australia aboard the southern hemisphere’s largest inland paddlewheeler, the PS Murray Princess.

1592796460_MurraylandsCruise_EDMBanner2.

2020 departures: 17 Jul, 07 Aug, 11 Sep, 16 Oct
2021 departures: 22 Jan, 12 Feb, 12 Mar, 07 May, 11 Jun, 16 Jul, 13 Aug, 10 Sep, 15 Oct
2022 departures: 21 Jan, 11 Feb, 11 Mar

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Gosh 🙄 world really has gone crazy ...... 

Pinning my hopes in a vaccine - seems to be the only sensible solution.
And Im a believer in it being sooner rather than later - because there is HUGE $$ involved for those who are first 🤔

I watched the SBS show Insight this week and they had a guest who is part of a team developing a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. He was saying that it will probably take about three or four different vaccines to really get Covid-19 under control.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Bubble with NZ is dead in the water - not going to happen anytime soon IMO. Too many variables in the mix and Aust not able to get numbers  under control. 

Ok except for Vic.

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...