Interrogatory Question: Please just answer “Yes” or “No” and your Cruise Date. Have you received your Option 2 refund ?

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Still NO for March 14th sailing

I think refunds are released in batches (seems 2 weeks a part now). I think it will be another week (Friday) before they release more funds. Then they show up the following week on credit cards. Purely guessing but it sounds like they process a bunch of refunds and then release the funds.

We received everything owed, which was substantial.  However, the future cruise credits that we received, which was a huge amount, was under our fcc section up until today.  I found 0.00 left.  As I had not applied them or even one of them, I found that they applied it not to our next cruise, in October, but instead to next March.  That would not have been our choice to use, as we have 4 b2bs, and wanted the chance to apply it to the 29 day trans Pacific.  I think it should have been made clear should you choose Op 2 to apply to the cruise of your choice.  However, I think the fact they did not choose to apply it to a 35 day cruise in Oct 2020 means it is a no go and will be cancelled.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

We received everything owed, which was substantial.  However, the future cruise credits that we received, which was a huge amount, was under our fcc section up until today.  I found 0.00 left.  As I had not applied them or even one of them, I found that they applied it not to our next cruise, in October, but instead to next March.  That would not have been our choice to use, as we have 4 b2bs, and wanted the chance to apply it to the 29 day trans Pacific.  I think it should have been made clear should you choose Op 2 to apply to the cruise of your choice.  However, I think the fact they did not choose to apply it to a 35 day cruise in Oct 2020 means it is a no go and will be cancelled.

Possibly, or maybe the October cruise is excluded from using FCC. Most likely will be cancelled, but you can call and switch it. I had a choice which of my 2 cruises I applied it to. 

13 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

We received our FCC on April 9th. We could see it in our Captain's Circle account. Then, a few days later,  Princess randomly assigned the full FCC to a future booking. I called Princess to have them remove the FCC from that future booking. The FCC was placed back into our FCC account, where it still awaits our choice on where and when to use it, from now through May 2022.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

I tend to agree with your assumption.  I also have a cruise booked for the spring and one for this winter.  They automatically applied it to the one in the spring.  I have a sneaking suspicion the winter sailing is toast ..... not to mention, they gave me a free cabin upgrade on that one, mostly likely to give incentive not to cancel it when all this first started.  

• Like 1

YES

Cruise Date:  03/15/20 (Panama Canal on Emerald)

Option#2 form submitted online:  03/12/20

FCC received around 05/20/20- correct amount

Full Refund to CC on 06/06/20- correct amount - full refund including Princess vac. ins., etc.

Ended up waiting 90 days.  Think this is ok as I am now whole PLUS I have $8630 in FCC on top of full cash refund!

Thank you, Princess.

Pooh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cruise Date:  March 7, 2020

Ship:  Grand Princess

Cancellation date by Princess:  March 4. 2020

No options were offered for this cancellation, but I was promised 100% cruise refund including all prepaids and 100% base fare FCC

Final refund received:  June 8, 2020

So I have received all that was promised now.   🙂

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, MplsYogini said:

Update:  We received the bulk of our refund today.  It was $200 less than what we paid, which I assume is due to the FCD we used for the deposit, but the amount hasn't been added back to our Captain's Circle account, either.  In addition, we're still waiting to be refunded for shore excursions and bottled water.  I've been checking my credit card daily, and the refund showed up today, but the date of the credit is actually May 15, so there is clearly some delay in posting.

Final update:  Our shore excursions and bottled water were refunded on May 25 (date shows as May 15), and our FCD was refunded on June 8 (date shows as June 4).  So we've now been fully refunded.

• Thanks 1